Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Is It

Thumbs up This Is It

I saw this today, loved it, got teary at times, but he is amazing. It was going to be a fabulous and exciting concert tour. As he said this will be his last curtain call and it was a spectacular one. So very bittersweet.

walking dead.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm not paying to see that pedo zombie lipsynch
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

I saw it, quite a bit of it seemed to be live vocals. They obviously took the best vocal version of each song from all the rehearsals and used it with all the different footage, but most of it was live-with things like the occasional out of tune note. There were also a lot of moments where he would start vocalising to make a point to the musicians. The voice wasn't perfect, but it was better than expected, and he kept talking about how he wasn't doing full strength singing either b/c it was rehearsal.

Not interested. I already know how it ends, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Not interested. I already know how it ends, anyway.
    Did he live

I thought it was interesting. I have a love for live shows, so I've always been fascinated by how shows are conceived and constructed, especially a concert of this scale. It was cool to see that Michael manage to keep up with dancers who were half his age, and he didn't show any signs of being weak or frail.

I agree with Whoopie. Some stars can be like the walking dead behind the scenes, then when the camera comes on BAM! They pull it together amazingly, then they collapse after it is over. Im not interested either. Just never been a fan of him
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I wouldn't recommend it for non-fans. Just like I wouldn't watch the making of a Slipknot concert. This stuff is really only for people interested in Michael Jackson the singer because there are scenes where he's just singing for 10 minutes. I can't imagine non-fans enjoying that.

Nope. Wouldn't have gone to his concerts while alive, won't be seeing the movie.

i'm not interested in paying money to see it. if it ever goes to DVD, i'll have my techy friend make me a copy for free
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I saw it yesterday. The concert would have been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    I'm not paying to see that pedo zombie lipsynch
    Not a pedo, not a zombie (unless you're counting Thriller) and he sang everything live

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    I saw this today, loved it, got teary at times, but he is amazing. It was going to be a fabulous and exciting concert tour. As he said this will be his last curtain call and it was a spectacular one. So very bittersweet.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. It was a beautifully made documentary. So ironic that they captured all this rehearsal footage before his death without even knowing what was to come. Michael was in top form. The voice and the moves were still there. He seemed so humble, so soft-spoken. The constant 'love' and 'God bless you' talk to the crew was touching. No doubt the 50 concerts in London would've been extraordinary. Kenny Ortega and the entire cast should be very proud that they managed to get this film out. It's a great memorial to MJ.

top form my ass, the guy was anorexic. it's also not a memorial, but a way to recupe costs
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Gonna watch it when it comes out on DVD.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information