Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bold & the Beautiful confessional

Default The Bold & the Beautiful confessional

I donít remember how I started watching but it must be over a year ago. I wanted to make this thread for others like myself who need to comment. It's so bad and yet I must watch it.

I tried to jive with the SoapCentral.com board people, but, uhÖ..they are unreal. You canít talk about the actorís plastic surgery or the actorís personally. The board is only for show discussion and they think they're real people.

Canít talk about their plastic surgery??? On THAT show? From Hunter Tyloís entire unmovable face to Leslie Anne Downís plastic wig (however, a true and timeless beauty). The dialogue is so bad, but the actingÖÖby the wayÖ.are they acting? The only exception is Stephanie (Susan Flannery). Sheís terrific and quite compelling. Itís only a half hour show and with commercials itís about 16 minutes long. I fast forward through the characters I hate, and watch the show in about 9 minutes. Youíve never seen fall in love hookups as fast as these. These people fall in love, get married, have a baby and break up in 3 weeks. I hate this show. There isnít a character I like except for Stephanie and Iím the only person that likes Rick because they make him go shirtless.
    Please reply, at least for a bit. Lynnie?
    Who else? Confess.
    I hate this show. There isnít a character I like except for Stephanie and Iím the only person that likes Rick because they make him go shirtless.

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/video/

HELLO!! Front and center!

I lurk at SoapCentral and laugh my ass off about the 'rules', since they are clearly delusional. It down right comical the way they go out of their way to make the actors/shows feel good about themselves (well, usually). They'll bitch about the writing, but never about the actors. WTF???? Its weird how they think they are REAL people....

I actually loathe B&B now, its a pathetic disaster and honestly its joke of its former self--not that it was ever GREAT, it wasn't. But it used to semi entertaining once in a blue moon.

HOW THE HELL IT WON AN EMMY FOR BEST SOAP IS BEYOND FUCKING ME.

There is a guy, named Nelson Branco (I think?) who actually calls it like it is about B&B. How Steffy should just be a hair model and Marcus should be tossed off the air all together because he CANNOT ACT. And well, Hunter Tylo....she's a mess.

Check him out Chalet---I think he writes for TV Guide or something. He will actually give his opinion and its pretty good most of the time.

Yes, I am watching B&B now...*sigh*

Soap operas are trash! You can watch it once a year and catch right up.
    Chalet!! I warn you DO NOT look at Twitchy's new video thread.
    Wanda's Macaroni Salad
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Lynnie, thank you for the validation! Oh I feel better. (Not watching now).

I will check him out. I'm sure the show was the perfect kind of trash with the first 20 go arounds with Ridge/Brooke/Taylor. The only thing I can say is that they actually use the same mature actors.

That Bill Spencer guy? Chinstrap beard, silver jewelry and embroidered jeans?

McJag - it's not the storylines on B&B, it's the whole train wreck of a show. I was addicted to General Hospital till Jack Wagner left. They dress the women like cocktail waitresses, the PS is SO bad, then men look like they are stuck in the 1970's and ALL of the mother's and son's on the show have only about 5 years between them.

Mother and son: Hello?

Last edited by Chalet; October 12th, 2009 at 01:14 PM.

Bill Spencer used to be Brad on Young and the Restless. They killed him off! that was soooooooo stupid.

B&B drives me insane. I can only handle 5 min of it because of so many things LOL
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

THAT'S what I'm talking about! SO many things. Thank you. It's so bad it's good.

I watch it on school holidays when it's raining! Lesley Ann Down is wearing a wig because she is recovering from breast cancer and lost her hair during chemotherapy.

I've read that the actors initially burst out laughing at the inane scripts, then work really hard to make it believable.

I saw an interview with Susan Flannery (the best thing on that show) and she said that the four main leads (Ron Moss, Katherine Kelly Lang, John McCook and herself) have worked together for over 20 years and have never had a cross word with each other.

I miss big sections of the show and it used to move so slowly that I could catch up months/years later. Now it seems to move pretty quickly and new characters arrive and I have no idea who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    ALL of the mother's and son's on the show have only about 5 years between them.

Mother and son: Hello?

I've never watched The Bold & The Beautiful; was always an ATWT viewer.
    But I couldn't escape previews of the show and every now and then, during
    zapping, land on a scene or two. Indeed, what amazed me most was to
    find out that the guy in the picture (Jack Wagner, right?, don't know these
    non-entities) was supposed to be Lesley Ann Down's son........
    I was trying to figure out their relationship in a scene with another woman
    and then I caught him calling her mother and it was so absurd to see this
    wrinkly looking guy calling either one of the two women mother that I sat,
    stunned, waiting to find out which of the two was supposed to pass for
    this old guy's mom. Well, Lesley must've jumped for joy when she heard
    she was to be the mother of this geriatric son.
    In the past, I saw the over-acting of that old actress with the huge red
    hair, which was too cheesy to take seriously.
    It's a crazy show (no offence to fans).

PS: ATWT was at its best in the late eighties, early to mid nineties for me.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    I watch it on school holidays when it's raining! Lesley Ann Down is wearing a wig because she is recovering from breast cancer and lost her hair during chemotherapy
    I had no idea. She's such a beauty and so elegant, despite dressing her like a go-go dancer.

HWBL - I sat in the fifth row at a Jack Wagner concert. Lady of My Heart...(and not ashamed)! I don't know the back stories, so I'm figuring that she was supposed to have had him at 15 or something. Jack must be 50 now and I think LAD is about 55.

There is another mother with a son who's supposed to be 20? Donna Logan and her son Marcus.

Mother and daughter

A*O

My mother is a total addict and has to be home at 4.30pm every weekday to watch. I'm not a regular but I dip in every few weeks to see who that slut Brooke is married/re-married to and an update on Ridge's PS.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

There is a rabid fan site of the 'brookies' called the shady marlin www.brickyhaven.com lots of souped up religious nutcases, all talking about how their kids cant have sex before marriage but worshipping the slutty Brooke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    I watch it on school holidays when it's raining! Lesley Ann Down is wearing a wig because she is recovering from breast cancer and lost her hair during chemotherapy.

I've read that the actors initially burst out laughing at the inane scripts, then work really hard to make it believable.

I saw an interview with Susan Flannery (the best thing on that show) and she said that the four main leads (Ron Moss, Katherine Kelly Lang, John McCook and herself) have worked together for over 20 years and have never had a cross word with each other.

I miss big sections of the show and it used to move so slowly that I could catch up months/years later. Now it seems to move pretty quickly and new characters arrive and I have no idea who they are.

Ok, for starters, had NO CLUE about Leslie. I am so sad for her and hope she is on the road to recovery. I have no beef w/her at all and frankly, I love how she is the 'Sally' that they have been missing for all these years! Speaking of Sally, Darlene Conley, I have seen Ron Moss on 'Crossing Over' several times and she (Sally) is brought up and John Edward makes reference about how she will have a better storyline AFTER she is gone and blah blah blah....which, clearly has not panned out. Nothing better than Sally and Clark....loved it.

I have been a viewer since DAY ONE. And Susan Flannery....is the WOMAN. Bitch is awesome. And hey---just to throw this one out there, she was also on 'Dallas' as a love interest for JR Ewing and looked HAWT as hell. Just saying.....

Chalet--I loves ya babe!!!

A*O

Yeah - who WAS that scary Jackie Stallone lookalike with the purple hair?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Here are pictures of Susan Flannery when she was on "Dallas"

I remember watching "Towering Inferno" years ago, and the most memorable scene for me also involved Susan Flannery's desperate attempts to escape the fire:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUytjN8CXbU[/youtube]

Aw thanks HWBL. I remember her even EARLIER than that (I think, though could be a figment of my super incorrect mind) and bitch was FINE.
    Not, that she isn't NOW---she is!! She rules!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information