Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What new shows do you think are destined for cancellation?

Default What new shows do you think are destined for cancellation?

Okay so I kind of liked the first episode of Accidentally on Purpose, but the second episode SUCKED. And I couldn't get through even the first few minutes of Hank. Trauma seems like its destined to go soon too, its totally forgettable. And I heard Mercy sucked ass. The Beautiful Life has already been canceled, what do you think should be next?
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

Mercy is the only new show I've caught, and yes, it sucks ass.

I've caught two new shows on ABC, Modern Family and Cougar Town. Modern Family has potential, but Cougar Town was just dumb, so it'll probably get the ax.

So far the only show that seems really safe is the NCIS spin off, the series opener had great ratings.

The only new show I watch is Glee and FOX better not even think about canceling that.

Modern Family MIGHT make it.

Cougar Town, say what you want, if you are a woman of that age (like moi) you can semi relate. YET, it's too cutesy and 'nice'. Not snarky enough. So, it'll be axed I'm sure.

Haven't watched many others. A bit of Glee, but not enough.

I did actually set out to watch Melrose Place last night and was sooooooo disappointed by it. Was a big fan of the original...and well, you cannot go home again you know?

Thank god for Monday Night Football and hey, bring back Arrested Development please. Thank you.

Cougar Town. Over-acted and vulgar, but not in a fun or funny way. I read that it's done by the same people as "Scrubs", which doesn't surprise me, because I hated that for the same reason. All kinds of smirky, "Aren't I cute?" shit.

Modern Family was not as good this week as the pilot, but hopefully it will improve.

The only other new thing I've watched is Glee, which I really like.

I saw the first episode of Cougar Town and I thought it was funny. I told my husband to watch it, and he hated it - and funny enough, it wasn't as funny the second time around. I must have been in a better mood the first time I watched it. And its not one of those shows that I can find myself saving a spot for on DVR, even though I would happily watch it if there was nothing else on. I do have a feeling it will get the ax.

I'm not kidding though, I tried to watch Hank on Hulu, and I could only get through a few minutes of it - total shit. WHY Kelsey Grammar? He should just retire and forget about it.

And yeah, if Glee goes, I will be pissed.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Mercy sucked big time. So did Cougar town. I personally didnt like Flash Forward, but it'll stay.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

My friends who are in the Cougar Town target demographic (30- and 40-something females) seem to love Glee, which is on at the same time as CT. Does not bode well for CT.

Haven't seen Glee and I probably won't watch it. I didn't like that show in the 80's when it was called 'Fame.'

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Modern Family MIGHT make it.

Cougar Town, say what you want, if you are a woman of that age (like moi) you can semi relate. YET, it's too cutesy and 'nice'. Not snarky enough. So, it'll be axed I'm sure.

Haven't watched many others. A bit of Glee, but not enough.

I did actually set out to watch Melrose Place last night and was sooooooo disappointed by it. Was a big fan of the original...and well, you cannot go home again you know?

Thank god for Monday Night Football and hey, bring back Arrested Development please. Thank you.
    Yes, on BOTH counts. Love MNF, and Arrested Development needs to make a comeback, even as a movie.

I'm with the others on 'Cougar Town,' sure Courtney Cox is well known but to me at least, she'll always be "Monica Gellar/Bing" and the ONLY reason I tuned in at all is because I have a major crush on Dan Byrd...the guy playing her son, and yeah it was pretty awful. The show is cheesy and trying too hard to be a cuter, less sassy/controversial version of 'Desperate Housewives,' it is SO predictable and most of the acting/lines seemed forced...as if they were read from cue cards.

On another note WTF did Christa Miller do to her face???!! It looks frozen and stiff, like she can only move the lower half of her face, which made the line ini the show about her not smiling at her son for 3 weeks because she was afraid it'd give her mouth lines unintentionally hilarious.

Basically in a nut shell, the show is trying too hard and just...not good. However, if it does last for whatever reason...I think I can tolerate it just to get my weekly dose of Dan...

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Glee isn't like Fame at all. It has a huge following, so I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled. It's really funny.

Mercy sounded like a complete rip-off of Nurse Jackie. Young newbie nurse under the wing of an older, tough nurse. I didn't watch it though so maybe it's completely different.

Eastwick should get canned. I watched about 5 minutes of it. It was horrible. Poor Rebbeca Romjin. She's pretty but a terrible actress.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Glee isn't like Fame at all. It has a huge following, so I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled. It's really funny.

Mercy sounded like a complete rip-off of Nurse Jackie. Young newbie nurse under the wing of an older, tough nurse. I didn't watch it though so maybe it's completely different.

Eastwick should get canned. I watched about 5 minutes of it. It was horrible. Poor Rebbeca Romjin. She's pretty but a terrible actress.
    I meant that it's an updated rip-off of 'Fame.'

^^^
    nope, not either. it's nothing like 'fame' at all. and believe me, i hated 'fame'. 'glee' is satirical and hilarious. did you see the movie 'election'? it's kinda like that. except with people singing.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Accidentally on Purpose. Please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information