Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries

Default The Vampire Diaries

I will be the first one to admit that I am watching this show...and loving it. Its my guilty pleasure right now. Cinematic masterpiece it is not, but I really enjoy it nonetheless. Ian Somerhalder is amazing as an evil vampire, I always enjoy him in anything he does, so I was really pleasantly surprised when he showed up. Its basically the same storyline as always - brooding vampire meets hot girl, falls for her, evil vampire brother shows up and raises hell and somehow falls for the same girl. Anyway, is anyone else watching? Come on, I took the heat first...don't be ashamed!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Bronze Member

I'm watching it too. You need not be alone in your shame

I'm watching it too and Damon gets hotter every episode. I tell myself at least it is better than Twilight.

Guilty pleasure for me too. Ah, actors in their 20s and 30s playing teenagers...will it ever get old?
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

I watch it just for Ian Somerhalder.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Guilty pleasure for me too. Ah, actors in their 20s and 30s playing teenagers...will it ever get old?
    I know right? How old is Damon supposed to be in the show, anyway? He doesn't go to high school with them, I was guessing they all thought he was college age or something. Bitch looks at least thirty. But he's the best part of the show, so whatever - I wasn't enjoying it as much until he showed up, the main guy Stefan is so wooden.

Hey do vampires actually have sex? When Damon was getting it on with Caroline, it looked like in the middle of foreplay is when he started feeding. My husband said "well yeah, they don't fuck, they feed." I think they do both - these are our deep discussions Because really, why keep Caroline around only to feed on her? She's annoying as hell. Plus, if they can't fuck than Elena needs to get moving now, poor girl.

Oh yeah they fuck just look at Buffy and TruBlood!!!

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I know right? How old is Damon supposed to be in the show, anyway? He doesn't go to high school with them, I was guessing they all thought he was college age or something. Bitch looks at least thirty. But he's the best part of the show, so whatever - I wasn't enjoying it as much until he showed up, the main guy Stefan is so wooden.

Hey do vampires actually have sex? When Damon was getting it on with Caroline, it looked like in the middle of foreplay is when he started feeding. My husband said "well yeah, they don't fuck, they feed." I think they do both - these are our deep discussions Because really, why keep Caroline around only to feed on her? She's annoying as hell. Plus, if they can't fuck than Elena needs to get moving now, poor girl.
    The actor playing Damon is in his early thirties, so he pretty much looks his age.

I think they do fuck, and the feeding occurs at the moment of climax. Mind you, I haven't read the books, for all I know it could be impotent, Anne Rice-like vampires.

The last episode was hilarious. Vampire Stefan playing high school football! Damon proving his evilness by killing...the biggest asshole of a teacher, actually. I love the absurdity of this show.

Did anyone notice that the teenagers on this show drink, do drugs and have the (gasp!) S-E-X? I thought that was an impossibility in the world of CW shows. Of course, in true horror tradition, the promiscuous girls get punished for their SLUTTY ways by being chomped on by vamps. The promiscuous boys...well, the boys are just fine.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

That teacher was an asshole, he deserved to be killed. I actually laughed at the fact that Damon is keeping Caroline around just for sex and feeding - why does everyone think she's wearing those scarves? To cover hickies?

The best is how they are terrorizing that other chick Vicky. That girl is mentally so fucked up its funny - she's already screwy to begin with and now they keep feeding her different stories through their mind persuasion. I also think its funny how the "animal control" truck pops up every time there is a vampire attack. Does every animal pounce solely on the neck, and is no one trying to find this killer animal?

I want Elena to hook up with Damon, Stefan is boring.

Oh you know she will hook up with him!!!!

The first episode was pretty lame, but the last 2 have been good. I'm hooked, I'll admit it. I'm in the minority who thinks Paul Wesley is better looking than Ian Somerhalder - Ian's been looking kind of rough, though slightly improved last week. I think it was the gnarled, greasy hair that was turning me off.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default The Vampire Diaries Are Taking Over

Looks like The CW has finally realized that Melrose Place isn't going anywhere but down.
    The execs just fired Ashlee Simpson - they're guessing that might actually help increase the ratings.
    And in an even better move, the network has now replaced the Wednesday repeats of Melrose Place with repeats of their hit show, The Vampire Diaries.
    Starting this Wednesday, repeats of The Vampire Diaries will air through the month of November.
    Great news for everyone as they'll get to enjoy their fav show twice.
    As for Melrose Place, execs are hoping that with Heather Locklear's return in November the ratings will increase.
    Our money is still on The Vampire Diaries making it big. Vampires mixed in with a bit of witchery is always a plus!

Perez Hilton: The Vampire Diaries Are Taking Over

I'm pretty excited to see Vicki as a full fledged vamp. The episode where Damon turned her was great!

Anyone else still watching?
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonGirl View Post
    I watch it just for Ian Somerhalder.

I'm with ya on Ian......he's sooooo dreamy!! Everyone should be watching the Vampire Diaries

Didja catch Ian on Fallon with Rosey O'Donnell? She was so enamored of Ian, that she told Jimmy she'd consider becoming a heterosexual female......isn't that hilarious!?!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information