Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'More To Love' on Fox

Default 'More To Love' on Fox

FOX Broadcasting Company: MORE TO LOVE

Bachelor-type show that premiered on Fox last night. The bachelor himself is a big guy, 6' 3" and over 300 lbs., but I think he's a cutie . All the women are 180 lbs. and over. There is one "cougarish" woman who is 37 or 38 (he is 26), almost 6 ft. tall and 180 lbs, so she looks "thinner" than the others by comparison; I don't really like her. There was also another woman who decided to jump in the pool fully dressed, and it didn't seem like he was all that impressed by her, but he did keep her. All the personalities seem to be either extremely insecure, or the "I love myself, I'm so confident...for a fat girl!" type; Melissa B., in particular, is sooo insecure to the point she's never even been on a date (so she says) because she thinks someone is just trying to play a joke on her; she already cried about 4 times just last night .

I watched it with the roomies last night! I asked myself in the opening credits, how many are gonna cry this first episode...I'd say a good 90% of them cried. Of the first set of 5 girls, at least 3 cried! It's all the same story (which is sad I know), but they basically have never dated, never been in love, no one ever wanted them ALL because of their weight...

There's one guy to these 26 women! Not all of them will find love with him. I mean some girls believed this was their only hope... The only consolation my roommate pointed out was that they're on TV now, so at least they get some notoriety!

I doubt I'll be watching this but it's right after Hell's Kitchen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

The show was horrible.

I have no idea why I tuned in. I guess morbid curiosity overcame my aversion to the previews, which seemed demeaning to the contestants. Like, "See fatass, you TOO are deserving of love!"

It was worse than I anticipated with girls crying about their weight and calling the guy noble for dating them. Ummmm he's over 300lbs himself so it's kinda saying fat people deserve love with other fat people.

And you would have thought they were all horribly disfigured to hear them prattle on about wanting to loved for what's on the inside blah blah blah blah...

The worst part was the prominent display of each girl's weight and height in the caption under their names. Like OMG she's 200 lbs and she's on a dating show!

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    The show was horrible.

I have no idea why I tuned in. I guess morbid curiosity overcame my aversion to the previews, which seemed demeaning to the contestants. Like, "See fatass, you TOO are deserving of love!"

It was worse than I anticipated with girls crying about their weight and calling the guy noble for dating them. Ummmm he's over 300lbs himself so it's kinda saying fat people deserve love with other fat people.

And you would have thought they were all horribly disfigured to hear them prattle on about wanting to loved for what's on the inside blah blah blah blah...

The worst part was the prominent display of each girl's weight and height in the caption under their names. Like OMG she's 200 lbs and she's on a dating show!
    Yeah, they should have only done it once when each girl was first introduced, but the caption was on each and every time they (and Luke) were onscreen...

I watched it, and it was pretty horrible for all the above reasons.

I also noticed that they showed the clip from the end where he proposes and the hand he's holding is clearly from a thinner plus size woman, which kinda does a good job of spoiling the show since there aren't that horribly many of them. I'm guessing the model he was kissing on the couch, she's the skinniest of the contestants, IIRC.

Ummm this is no different than any other 'bachelor' fucking reality show other than the women are 'curvy' or 'pleasantly plump'

Pull the plug please...and on every other reality show while they're at it!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I was repulsed by the bachelor demanding that some of the women kiss him. They've known him for 10 minutes, he says "Kiss me", and they're forced to comply. At least one of them looked offended, but did it anyway.

I think they should have done some more rigorous mental health screening of the contestants. The fact that so many of them were in tears when they spilled their guts over how they've never had a date or a boyfriend does not bode well for how they're going to react once they get dumped on TV.

I didn't watch and had no plans to.. Seemed like there would be a lot of begging and self-loathing going on..lame
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Watched it.....was nothing else on.

I felt very bad for most of the girls.

I won't seek this show out, but if I'm bored or something then maybe I'd watch it again. Maybe

Silver Member

I found rather creepy and disturbing. Don't know why. His voice maybe ... or the way he asked (demanded) for kisses and the the tacit way he seemed to think he was entitled to these kisses. Maybe I am just being harsh.

It was awful. I only watched about 20 minutes of it. Flashing each girls' weight constantly throughout the show was ridiculous. Most of these girls were a blubbering mess and it was just a total train wreck.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Anybody watch? It's getter sadder, I think. Luke seems really insecure and desperate--if anyone gives him the slightest bit of praise or attention, his whole face lights up. The women aren't the only ones with issues.

He dumped the women that the designated catty gossip told him to eliminate and kept her, although you could tell he despised her. Producers must want to keep her around because the other girls are too nice.

Watched again, at least they took the weights off the screen throughout the whole episode (I think that may have been quick editing since every review I read said that was repulsive).

There were a few things I'm finding interesting. They have put this hatred that seems to exist in the plus size community between the various degrees of plus size front and center (its hard to describe, but I've seen women of all sizes of plus trying to take down those both bigger and smaller than them depending on the situation just because they aren't the same plus size, it's weird).

I also think there's one girl they are seriously going to need to put on suicide watch when she gets eliminated (and she will, she's too obsessive). The last girl who got her ring? She's not even bordering on super crazed and obsessive, she's fully there already. She just doesn't seem to realize that this guy is not the only guy out there who likes a plus size woman, he is not her only chance to find love, and when she goes she's gonna be a complete mess.

This whole thing sounds like a complete and utter mess. The show's repulsive. I know the idea behind this was to show the world that big people can date and love also. However, I think this is just humiliating.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

NoDay, I agree about that last girl who was called (Kristian). She's really pretty, but seems to have the emotional maturity of a 12-year-old. Sweet, but sad.

And it was weird how one of the girls was attacking a girl of equal size as not being the same as they were because she gained the weight after high school, unlike the rest of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information