Thread: The Orphan - with spoilers

Bronze Member

Default The Orphan - with spoilers

Okay, who saw it and can we talk about spoilers.

I didn't see it but heard a rumor about the ending...it was the most absurd, idiotic thing that can be imagined. But my girlfriend actually called half of it just by looking at this actress in the trailer! lol
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Yea I read the spoiler first on wiki and then on the movie spoiler page. I was like, oooookkkaaayyyy.

Bronze Member

I was hoping someone would give me the scoop. I heard the last fifteen minutes were the best as far as scariest in a horror film.

Someone could type the spoilers in white. Then we can highlight them to read them.

I really would put them in but I would hate to spoil someones experience. But trust me it's uber ridiculous! Maybe I can post a link or something?
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

I haven't seen it but the velvet ribbon on the neck reminds me of the old ghost story (possible spoiler alert for what's written here in white) where the ribbon is what holds the head on
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The orphan spoilers please!?

the movie sounds extremely retarded, so i don't think i want to waste my money watching it. what exactly happens? i heard that esther is 33 and a former prostitute etc. but why does she kill the rest of the family, and what is with her bathroom temper tantrum?

I WATCHED ORPHAN YESTERDAY!!! it was a crazy and gory movie. and it was suspenseful. I thought it was a little more of a drama movie rather than a scary movie. It wasn't scary really. So the movie starts out with the mom having a baby but she's bleeding on the way there. one of the surgeons say "we're sorry about your loss". But the mom says "what?!! it's alive, i can feel it moving" Then she screams and the surgeons do something to her and eventually pull out a fully blood covered baby. Then the scene switches to her waking up and she's only having a dream. The next day her and her husband go to the adoption center as they decided months before to replace her previous dead unborn child. They decide on Esther and the nun who owns the adoption center tells the parents how loving she is. They take her home and she seems really nice and she comes off as shy. As she gets acclimated to her environment, she manipulates everyone. She always gives the mom trouble and everyone thinks its the moms fault. For example, she gives the mom flowers but they were flowers from her sisters funeral so the mom flips a crap and pushes her. later on, esther squeezes her arm enough to break her arm and after says that the mom did this to her. She manipulates the moms situations enough times for her to be suggested into rehab. Also Esther manipulates the kids by making threatening to kill them. The nun who visited the family to assess Esther is told by the mom that the mom wants Esther to go back. To prevent this, Esther kills the nun by pushing the young daughter on the road as the nun leaves in her car and the nun barely misses the daughter. The nun stops the car after dodging her and comes out to the crying daughter asking if shes okay. Esther comes out and stabs the nun with a knife. The young daughter can't do anything because Esther will kill her. They hide the body and Esthers clothes are covered in blood. They hide the evidence in the treehouse. Later the young son asks his sister what happened in the treehouse as he saw them go up there. His sister says that there are bad things in there. He goes the next day to look but Esther appears. Shes so mad she sets the treehouse on fire and locks the son in. The son gets out by breaking the window. The whole treehouse is on fire so he just climbs on top of the treehouse. THen he falls down unconscious. Esther then comes over to kill him by smashing a huge stone in his face. Right when she's about to, the daughter comes over and tackles her. The mom sees the fire and sees the kids and come running. They take the son to a hospital. So everyone knows Esther's evil except the dad. However they can't do anything because they will be killed or the mom will be jailed for child abuse. As the son is laying in the hospital bed, Esther comes into the room and suffocates him with a blanket and leaves. The daughter followed her and tells the mom. All the doctors go to the son and see whats happening. HOwever, Esther comes from a different direction, seemingly unknown to whats happening and when the mom sees her, the mom slaps her acrossthe face and ssays "YOU ***** YOU DID THIS". The doctors all grab the mom and needles her to make her unconscious. Back at the house, theres only the daughter, the dad and Esther. Esther puts on heavy makeup and a dress she cuts from the mom to make her size. Then she starts seducing the dad and the dad says like YOUR CRAZY YOU GOTTA LEAVE. Then the scene switches to a phone call to the mom in the hospital bed and its from the mental hospital saying that Esther is actaully 33 years old and looks young because of dwarfanism. She goes around to different families and tries to get with the dads and if she can't, she will kill the family. Upon hearing this, the mom gets out of the hospital and drives as fast as she can. The dad meanwhile is stabbed recklessly and is witnessed by the daughter. The daughter tries to hide. The mom comes to the house and at this point, the mom and daughter are just trying to be safe since Esther has a gun and knife. After battling, the mom thinks shes killed Esther. The mom tries to escape with the daughter but Esther appears again. Theres another fight scene with the mom and the mom eventually kicks her head bloodily with Esther's last words are "You don't want me to actually die do you mom?"

The answer to your last question: She was furious about the mom telling on her when she met a psychiatrist

Bonus spoiler: Parents are named Jon and Kate!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

fgg

that's way better than the limited spoiler i read:

Esther is really a 33-year-old woman who was born with proportional dwarfism which causes her to have the appearance of a child. She also happens to be a former prostitute, who had wealthy pedophiles for clients. The reason why she has her neck covered is because she was once in asylum and she struggled so much in her straitjacket that it left with her deep scars on her neck.

I love the bonus spoiler
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

The actresses that played Esther and Max did a really good job.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Bronze Member

Cool. Thank you. It's funny, I have three kids under three and probably won't be seeing this movie anytime soon, so I'm glad you were able to give me the point by point play. I feel like I'm nine again, unable to see Jaws when it came out asking all my older friends point by point play.

Jaws-to this day, is still my favorite. Part because of the anticpation when I was finally able to see it and part because its still a cool movie.

Ekaj1158: "A bunch of morons buy an orphan, she ends up being a psychopathic killer, and now they have to fight for their life. I never get it with killer dolls or children, it's not like a creepy 11 year old has more power than a not creepy one. You can still beat it to death with a nine iron."

Sounds like someone on this board!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Umm....

WOW all I can say is I considered seeing this but not anymore.

What a stupid 'twist'.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I haven't seen it but the velvet ribbon on the neck reminds me of the old ghost story (possible spoiler alert for what's written here in white) where the ribbon is what holds the head on
    OH MY GOD!!!

My best friend told me this story when we were little (like 2nd grade-ish) and to make matters worse we were in her dark, creepy basement...

I seriously about pee'd my pants...it still creeps me out actually just thinking about it.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Thread Information