Thread: Boris Johnson to appear in EastEnders

Default Boris Johnson to appear in EastEnders

Boris To Appear In EastEnders

Mayor of London Boris Johnson will make a guest appearance on EastEnders later this year. He will have words in the Queen Vic with fiery landlady Peggy Mitchell (played by Barbara Windsor).
    Mr Johnson said: "EastEnders is a true London icon and I was delighted to highlight to its huge audience the part the mayoralty plays in the city's rich tapestry."

He added: "It was, of course, a tremendous honour to step inside that most venerable of London landmarks, the Queen Vic, and share a scene with another of the capital's icons, the fabulous Barbara Windsor." The scene will come in an episode showing Peggy, who recently got involved in local politics, enduring a frustrating time trying to track the mayor down during a visit to Walford.

Unable to find him, she returns to the Queen Vic promising to give him a piece of her mind if she ever sees him, when to her surprise he walks in the pub. EastEnders executive producer Diederick Santer said: "EastEnders has always had a good relationship with the Mayor's office, and we are delighted that Boris Johnson is coming to spend some time with us. We couldn't let the visit pass without the Mayor entering London's most famous pub, the Queen Vic, and meeting its formidable and politically-active landlady Peggy Mitchell."
    The scene featuring Mr Johnson has been filmed and will be shown this autumn. It's just one of numerous eye-popping soap cameos over the years; we take a look at some of the more memorable in our gallery.

PA, additional reporting by Lorna Cooper

Boris To Appear In EastEnders - TV, actors, Big Brother, soaps, gossip, rumours, TV shows, reviews, pictures | MSN TV UK | MSN Entertainment | MSN UK

That's.... interesting....

He means nothing to me, but EE is my favorite show on earth!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Love Eastenders and must confess that I harbour a small crush on the Boris. I'm ashamed but I can't help it. I love goofy guys.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information