Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta - season 2

fgg

Default The Real Housewives of Atlanta - season 2

The Real Housewives of Atlanta Returns

June 23, 2009
    Just when you thought the Real Housewives drama was ending — after New Jersey’s table-turning finale — Bravo has announced that The Real Housewives of Atlanta will return for its second season on July 30 (10 p.m., ET).

Returning this year are aspiring country singer Kim Zolciak, entrepreneur Lisa Wu Hartwell, the outspoken NeNe Leakes and budding fashion designer Sheree Whitfield. Meanwhile, Kandi Burruss, a Grammy-winning singer/songwriter and former member of Xscape, will join the mix, becoming the official fifth castmate, replacing DeShawn Snow. According to the network, the newest Housewife’s storyline will involve balancing wedding planning, writing and recording a new album as a solo artist and being a mom. Burruss is friends with Wu Hartwell.

As for the veterans, Bravo notes that upcoming Atlanta episodes will document the development of Whitfield’s She by Sheree fashion line and her dating life, Zolciak’s life after breaking up with beau “Big Poppa,” and Leakes’s upcoming self-help book for women.

I can't wait! DeShawn was always kinda boring anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Didnt Nenes house go in to foreclosure?
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

hell yes!!

Let's see how bad Kim's wig and makeup are this season.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I cannot wait now! You can watch the vid at DListed!

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta: I Love You, Sheree

The wig snatch is the new table flip! Above is a short preview of the second season of The Really Broke Housewives of Atlanta and you really just need to watch the last few seconds. Sheree does what every bitch who has seen this show at least once has dreamed of doing: snatching Kim Zolciak's roadkill wig! I wonder if the wig bit back?
    I have to send Sheree a gift bag of Snausages and chew toys for a job well done!
    The Real Housewives Of Atlanta: I Love You, Sheree | Dlisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

fgg

New Face on RHOA

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Why would an award-winning singer, songwriter, producer and single mother want to tack reality TV star onto her long list of accomplishments?

Kandi Burruss says she is happy to join the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast.

For Kandi Burruss, the newest member of the Real Housewives of Atlanta, the answer is simple: "I was a fan last year. I love the show."

The second season of Bravo's hit show is set to premier on Thursday with Burruss replacing cast member DeShawn Snow.

Burruss is well-known in the music industry as a former member of the platinum-selling R&B girl group Xscape and co-writer of such hits as Destiny's Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills" and TLC's "No Scrubs," for which she won a Grammy.

The Atlanta native almost ended up on another reality show with former group mate and writing partner Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, who is the fiancée of rapper T.I. and now stars on BET's "Tiny & Toya" alongside Antonia "Toya" Carter, the ex-wife of Lil' Wayne.

The deal for that show didn't work out and Burruss said she was more than happy to sign on with Bravo's wildly successful southern edition of the "Housewives" franchise, which chronicles the lives of a group of affluent African-American women in the ATL.

Burruss was already friendly with cast mate Lisa Wu Hartwell, whom she met through their mutual friend Cottle.

Having watched the show -- which last season enraptured viewers with a mix of constant infighting, lavish lifestyles and a healthy dose of drama -- Burruss said she was more concerned with being thrust into the public eye than she was with getting along with the cast.

"The only thing that made me hesitant about wanting to be a part of the show is the fact that people are so critical of the show," she said. "Just dealing with people on the outside judging you. That part is going to be something that I am going to have to get used to."

The artist has already had to get acclimated to people smearing her personal life on the Internet.

Newly engaged to a father of six children, Burruss has watched him get attacked in blogs and is protective of the man who she said even her mother isn't thrilled about her marrying.

"[The show] has been very, very stressful on the relationship," she said. "I guess [people] couldn't find anything bad [to say] about me, so they wanted to go in on my fiancé."

Her caring nature and laid-back personality make Burruss special in the industry, said rapper Rick Ross.

"She's a very humble person, maybe one of the most humble people among the biggest songwriters in the industry," said Ross, who collaborated with Burruss on a track for a new solo album she has in the works. "It's good to be around the greats and she most definitely is one of the greatest in the industry."

Her home music studio attests to that.

The walls are covered with gold and platinum records for her work with several high-profile artists including Alicia Keys, *NSYNC, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston.

Being part of a girl group helped prepare her for the drama of dealing with the other housewives' personalities, Burruss said, though she admitted clashing with outspoken cast mate NeNe Leakes during filming.

"I was a fan of hers last year," Burruss said. "All that wild and crazy stuff she says to people, when you're watching it, it's funny, it's hilarious... but when it's directed at you, it's not funny anymore."

Burruss got along better with aspiring singer Kim Zolciak, who Burruss will assist in achieving her dream of breaking into the industry.

Last season, fans of the show -- and some of the other housewives -- slammed Zolciak for her less-than-stellar voice.

"Everybody loves to hate on Kim. But what I have to say is that Kim is actually cooler in person than she came off on the show," said Burruss, who in 1999 won top songwriter of the year from the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. "I wanted to help her out because I love helping the underdog."

The busy artist said she has no idea if she will be invited back for another season.

Appearing on the show, which Burruss said is not scripted, was fun, but she is busy with an upcoming album and with caring for her daughter, Riley, she said.

She doubts she will be addicted to appearing on reality TV like she is addicted to music, Burruss said.

"It's just another way for people to get to know you and hopefully they see me in a good light," she said. "You always hope that it doesn't backfire."

fgg

Real Housewives: NeNe & Kandi’s War of Words Begins

July 30, 2009
    The who’s who of the Atlanta social scene descended upon the W Buckhead Hotel Tuesday night for the red carpet premiere of the anticipated second season of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Kim Zolciak, Lisa Wu-Hartwell, Sheree Whitfield and NeNe Leakes — along with new Housewife Kandi Burruss — happily posed together for photographers, but it wasn’t long before the war of words began.

“We are still not friends,” Leakes said of Zolciak, her sparring partner on the first season. “Nothing has changed … A lot of people work with people they don’t like everyday. I am just one of those girls who work with people I don’t like.”

Well, something has changed. DeShawn Snow has been replaced in season 2 by Burruss, a singer and songwriter who has penned songs for artists like Mariah Carey, Destiny’s Child and TLC.

Burruss told PEOPLE she and NeNe didn’t exactly hit it off. “She called me ghetto at one point,” she said. “She has a lot of nerve. Isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?”

“I did not know her before the show and I still don’t know her now,” Leakes replied. “I think she was hearing negativity from somewhere else because she does not know me well enough to treat me the way that she does. But, it’s okay. I find that women who are very weak cannot stand up to a strong woman like me.”

Burruss, however, viewed the situation differently. “Her mouth is just way too much. I cannot take the loud talking and the waving of the finger in your face,” she said. “If you do that to me, I am ready to go after you.”
    A former member of the ’90s girl group Xscape, Burruss said her experience with the group prepared her for Housewives. “I am used to dealing with women. I have the ability to work with someone you have just had an argument with. But, towards the end of taping, it became really tense,” she said. “NeNe and I got into to it and then [the producers] wanted us to come back and talk about it. That talk did not go so well either.”

While Leakes proclaimed herself “the realest of the Atlanta Housewives,” Burruss expressed doubt about NeNe’s authenticity. “At times, I would think, ‘Is she just trying to egg things on for television or does she truly think and act like this?’”

NeNe explained: “I have what they call, ‘camera balls,’” said Leakes, whose memoir, Never Make the Same Mistake Twice, debuts Aug. 11. “When the camera comes on, they come out … I am not superficial nor am I fake. I don’t switch gears. I am always this way. If you —- with me, I will —- with you!”

WTF happend to ^ Sheree?
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Sheree's hair??!!

Ok I watched tonight. Pretty boring. Television without pity CLOSED THEIR THREAD on this show; huge douchey move number 64535232 on their part. Why do they keep closing threads!! I'm so sick of those pricks! The only reason I watch these shows is so I can read the snark on the TWoP forums!!

I absolutely refuse to watch this show and I live in Atlanta.

I really dislike NeNe and Kim..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

WTH happened with that psycho party planner??

Looks like NeNe is renting another nice house.

Fight between Sheree and the party planner was hilarious.

Party theme sounded ridiculous.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I cannot stand Sheree. Hideous tranny.

I used to despise NeNe at first, but now I find her hilarious. Love her.

As far as the new girl, she won me over when I found out she wrote No Scrubs for TLC. That's my song! She doesn't seem too bad. She may be too boring for the show though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information