Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious movie scenes we can't help but laugh at

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I can't find the clip, but the scene from The Dark Knight when Rachel Dawes dies. At first I had no reaction to the scene, but everytime I've watched it since I just start chuckling/laughing. I hated Maggie Gyllenhaal in that movie.

I had a moment like this recently. We were sitting around getting ready to watch JCVD, and a preview for some biopic of the Germs came on. There was a scene where the singer(?) was up on a speaker or something and the whole song seemed to be shouts of "bleah bleah bleah blah blah" and the crowd was rocking with it, hands up and pumping and my music savant friend Mike was looking at it very seriously and commenting about their contribution to the punk movement, and the narrator was talking in a serious deep voice over this art film and you know what?

I lost it entirely. Started laughing hysterically and giggling madly to boot. Soon I was nearly shrieking with it (I was a tad high). I felt like it was the musical version of The Emporer's New Clothes in which only I could see the absurdity of people seriously rocking out to someone screaming 'blah bleah bleah' over and over.

The scene in the last star wars movie where Vader yells "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I was laughing all through the damn thing but really lost it at that scene.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

the part of titanic when the ship goes vertical, & all of the people are flying off in all directions.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

The entire twilight movie. it was supposed to be all serious but i found it hilarious.

The scene in Titanic where DiCaprio's body sinks in the water had me in stitches, mostly because a teenage girl next to me actually gasped "Leo"!

My best friend and I must have ruined Lolita for a few people with our hysteric laughter during Quinty's ridiculously over the top death scene. Seriously, he kept running around in an open robe flashing his junk even though he had about a dozen bullets in him-who was he, a Terminator? Iirc, he even had time to stop and play the piano.

Matrix 3 gave me plenty of laughs, particularly blind!Neo emoing all over the place, and Trinity's death scene, where she gave a ten minute speech in a flat monotone despite a dozen metal spikes protruding from her torso. There were teenage Matrix fanboys glaring at me for my lack of reverence.

I also laugh whenever someone delivers a supposedly inspiring/patriotic/Meaningful speech.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Does anyone remember "The Howling?" At the very end, the newscaster heroine who has been bitten turns into a werewolf while on live television. But instead of one of the truly fearsome creatures populating the rest of the movie, somehow she turns into this cute, furry, teddy bear/ewok looking thing that sits there all mournful and sniffling. It was just so bizarre....it damned near ruined the whole movie!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The scene in the last star wars movie where Vader yells "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I was laughing all through the damn thing but really lost it at that scene.
    I forgot about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by beachblondie View Post
    The entire twilight movie. it was supposed to be all serious but i found it hilarious.
    ^Hallelujah I'm not alone!

It's genre should be changed to comedy, immediately!

I'm sure even the actors think it's a joke.

If I were in that movie I know I wouldn't be able to get through my lines with a straight face!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

In junior high, my friends and I were watching West Side Story and it gets to the end and I can't help but say "Eeeeewwww, she's kissing a dead guy." 20 years later and they still give me shit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by beachblondie View Post

Nearly all of 'Bram Stoker's Dracula'... that was a really unintentionally hilarious movie.

When Brad Pitt/the Devil gets run down by a car in 'Meet Joe Black'.. and when he's doing that god-awful rastafarian accent at the hospital later on.

'Crash' when Thandie Newton's character is chewing her hubby out.. the way she says it makes me crack up for some reason, she puts on a really exaggerated accent.

'Jurassic Park' when the kid gets electrocuted.. he goes flying backwards and his hair is straight up.
    Last edited by Penny Lane; June 30th, 2009 at 10:50 PM. Reason: typo

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I cannot help but LMAO in that Star Trek film where they kill Spock. Ma Kitty is a major trekkie and loooves Spock and has never forgiven me for laughing all the way through and cracking jokes.

OMG, I love to watch Showgirls and laugh my ass off. It's with Saved By the Bell's Elizabeth Berkley and she thinks she is a serious actress. Every fucking scene is overacted and the script/dialogue is so bad that it appears to be a comedy.

There's a part where Elizabeth Berkley is eating a burger and she can't even make it believable. It's THAT bad!

ETA: Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks it's a comedy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn1CG-XDwPs[/youtube]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information