Thread: The Superstars

Default The Superstars

Premiered tonight on ABC...may be my new favorite show. It's the old Battle of the Network Stars (which was my very fav growing up). Pairs up athletes with actor/model/celeb. In two person elimination teams.

Did anyone else watch?????
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Sorry, I forgot a link...

Handicapping the cast of 'The Superstars'

(ABC Photo)I grew up watching ABC's "Wide World of Sports" and "Superstars," and I'm fine if that makes it easier for you to figure out that I'm old. So when ABC announced it was bringing back "The Superstars" this summer, I was quite excited. Finally, there's something to watch in the summer when I get mad at the Yankees for giving up five runs one inning after they scored four.
    Eight athlete-celebrity pairs will compete for the title, with one team being eliminated each week. Thankfully, the voting public has nothing to vote on with this show, so it might actually determine the true superstars instead of just the superstar team with the most Twitter followers and Facebook friends.
    Events include swimming, biking, running, kayaking and other head-to-head competition including the obstacle course. In the spirit of competition, Pet Rock will now rank the teams and predict the winner.
    8) Jeff Kent & Ali Landry
    He's a baseball player with a mustache and it's not 1985 anymore. She's a Miss USA winner and the Doritos girl. And that's about as far as this team will go.
    7) Jennifer Capriati & David Charvet
    Now we'll find out just how much of Charvet's running on the beach in "Baywatch" was acting and how much was real. Capriati was a world-class tennis player
    6) Brandi Chastain & Julio Iglesias Jr.
    She's a soccer superstar, so she'll be well-conditioned. He's the son of Julio Inglesias who's not named Enrique. Nor is he dating Anna Kournikova. End of the line.
    5) Kristi Leskinen & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    Leskinen is a Winter X Games stud, and although she'll be competing in warm-weather events, that mind-set will carry her team through a few weeks. Chmerkovskiy is a "Dancing With the Stars" veteran and might get another chance to be on television without a shirt.
    4) Robert Horry & Estella Warren
    Unlike the entire NBA in the final 10 seconds of a game, I know enough to know that Robert Horry needs to be covered. Big Shot Rob will come through with a clutch performance once again for us, but it won't be enough to win it all. Before acting, Warren was a synchronized swimmer in Canada. That will bode well in the kayaking portion. I have some concerns about Horry's height in that kayak!
    3) Bode Miller & Paige Hemmis
    Never underestimate the heart of an Olympian, even if that Olympian is a big-time partyer who has admitted to drunken skiing in the past. And Hemmis is an extremist, too, albeit on ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."
    2) Terrell Owens & Joanna Krupa
    Some may turn away at the thought of the talkative T.O. on their football team, but no one can deny his athletic prowess. Krupa is seriously hot and I'm guessing that will propel this duo to the final round.
    1) Lisa Leslie & Dan Cortese
    She's a basketball champion, an Olympic champion and can dunk. He was a football player in college and used to host MTV Sports. Cortese could be the most athletic celebrity on the show, thereby making this team the favorite.

Handicapping the cast of 'The Superstars' (Pet Rock: The Pop Culture Blog) - Newsday.com
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I used to LOVE the old battle of the network stars.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqWU9huMMco[/YOUTUBE]

i didnt recogniize most of the people during the promos.
    i am a die hard Laker hater, but i loved Robert Horry.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information