Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters

Default Top Chef Masters

Starts tomorrow 6-10

Dang they got some high profile people!

I love James Oseland's book and met him once.

Geeze I can't pick who I want to see most-Hubert...Wylie...the Michaels....RICK BAYLESS????

Top Chef Masters - Bravo TV Official Site

Top Chef Masters will pit 24 world-renowned chefs against each other and see how well they fare in the tried and true format of Top Chef. In each episode, money will be at stake for the chefs, with the winners of eliminations being awarded cash donations for their charities. The first six episodes will consist of four chefs competing against each other to name one winner. The six winners of each episode will then meet up for the final four weeks when one person will get eliminated each episode until the finale where one winner is crowned Top Chef Master. The winning chef will receive $100,000 for the charity of their choice.

Each episode of Top Chef Masters holds two challenges for the chefs.The first is a twist on the classic Top Chef Quickfire Challenge which tests their basic abilities for example in season 2 of Top Chef where the chef'testants had to create an amuse bouche out of items from a vending machine. Each Quickfire Challenge will be judged by a blind taste test and a five-star system, similar to fine dining reviews.

The second challenge is a more involved elimination challenge designed to test the versatility and invention of the chefs as they take on unique culinary trials such as working with unusual and exotic foods or catering for demanding clients. The food will be tasted and evaluated by the judges and a wide range of tasters for whom the challenge is aimed, whether it is patrons at a five-star restaurant or a room full of hungry kids the food has to appeal to the diner as well as the critics if the chef is to survive.

YES!!! I've been waiting for this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

did anyone watch?

i almost puked when hubert took the macaroni into the dorm shower and put the showerhead into the pasta. disgusting!

i was hoping that tim love would win, knowing that he didn't have any formal training.

i don't like the host of the show.

Yeah, my husband and I were pretty grossed out when Hubert used the shower head IN the macaroni. Maybe to rise...maybe, but...ack!!!!

I was rooting for Tim Love as well. But, I knew it would be Hubert. He is far above the rest, you could just tell by his dessert dish.

yeah making the dessert into animal shapes was genius. Those girls loved it before they tasted it.

Tim recovered from the frozen food better than I thought he would.

I liked when the chefs were watching the girls, "Lose the redhead!"

Love the show and I do miss Padma.

Elite Member

Fun show. I missed the macaroni in the shower head part. Eek. That is gross. I loved the comraderie (spelled it wrong!) between the chefs. Loved that red head girl scout. She was a hoot!

It's pretty good and they all had a sense of humor. Kinda a rip-off of "Chopped" which is kinda a rip-off of Top Chef.

I like the elimination format. I'll watch more!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I like the elimination format.
    I like the format of this too. This way you get so see a lot more of the chefs. I was wondering how they were going to get screen time with 20 something of them, so I think this format works really well for that.

And the macaroni in the shower grossed me out period. I clean my shower all the time, but I still wouldn't eat anything prepared in it. But a dorm shower for God's sake? I need a shower and a disinfectant just thinking about all the gross shit that must be in one of those. Yuck!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

HA! The Brit critic is posting over on my culinary board. It's funny they go online to see what people are saying about them.

He says next week will be fun with Wylie Dufresne and Tranter and crew. Can't wait!

This show is a great deal of fun. I think I have a little crush on the old french guy. The pasta in the shower didn't bother me too much, I did worse as a college student.

I really like the format without all the tension of young chefs trying to make a career. It still seems wrong without Tom and Padma, but I understand why they aren't there.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    This show is a great deal of fun. I think I have a little crush on the old french guy. The pasta in the shower didn't bother me too much, I did worse as a college student.

I really like the format without all the tension of young chefs trying to make a career. It still seems wrong without Tom and Padma, but I understand why they aren't there.
    At first, I thought: What the hell is he doing???? But, hell I'd wash my pasta in my shower IF I had too. Hell, I've brushed my teeth & rinsed with the water coming out of the shower.... I kinda found him attractive too....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I love the show, but I was pretty skeeved by the shower pasta too. I mean, yes, it was resourceful, but I remember how well they cleaned the showers in my dorm and I certainly wouldn't want to consume anything that had been in there. Dorm shower is very different from home shower, just saying....

I didn't really get into last night's show because I've never watched Lost, but it seems as though the chefs did a really good job. I really really want Wylie to cook me some eggs some day.

I'm happy with the lady that won, though i was rooting for the big guy and his nephew waiting for a heart transplant.

fgg

the french guy was an egotistical asshole. i wish he came in last overall.

I kinda liked him. I didn't think he was quite on the same level as the other chefs though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information