View Poll Results: Been without TV for ten months..like it this way. What do you think?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea

27 58.70%
  • I could never give up my TV programs.

19 41.30%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ten months without TV!

Question Ten months without TV!

ok. So I have not had any working TV in my place in ten months. And guess what? I really do not miss it. I can catch some programs..well..at work.. and most of the rest I can get from the Internet, at least in summary. I really do not miss it at all.

So do you think this (going TV free at home) is a good idea or not, and why?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I could probably do it, thanks to Hulu.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I could probably do it, thanks to Hulu.
    *sigh* What is hulu? *feels stupid*

I could never do it. Me and hubby love watching movies together. It's part of our date nights. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    *sigh* What is hulu? *feels stupid*
    hulu.com - you can watch hundreds of TV shows for free. Of course most of the shows can be seen on their own websites anyway (i.e. nbc.com, abc.com, etc.)
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

sooo, if you can watch it on the computer, are you really giving up tv? just askin..
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Great idea...i find that most of the programs now is just all junk and
    also the news is nothing but tragedy after tragedy...it seems all the
    networks compete to give the most depressing news.
    I gave up watching TV years ago and most of the things i know
    about TV programs i get from here...
    Cable TV is not worth the amount they charge IMO...

I could absolutely never ever ever ever give up tv, mostly because I'm a sports addict. I usually have the tv on, but I almost never look directly at it, I'm either cooking, on the computer or reading and just like the background noise. Interestingly, I can't concentrate on anything if I have music on because I have to sing (poorly).

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    sooo, if you can watch it on the computer, are you really giving up tv? just askin..
    Well I have watched a few things on the computer...so that is a good question. Maybe I can just live without the TV, but am even more dependent on the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I could absolutely never ever ever ever give up tv, mostly because I'm a sports addict. I usually have the tv on, but I almost never look directly at it, I'm either cooking, on the computer or reading and just like the background noise. Interestingly, I can't concentrate on anything if I have music on because I have to sing (poorly).
    I'm the same way I never really watch it but must have it going for the noise
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I have a tv, but it's not hooked up to anything but a DVD player. The kids and I do movies once a week or so, but they don't see commercials or stumble across random violence on the tube.

We went to visit my mother over Christmas and they were both AGOG watching the commercials. They asked for every damn toy they saw. I think they liked the commercials better than the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    ok. So I have not had any working TV in my place in ten months. And guess what? I really do not miss it. I can catch some programs..well..at work.. and most of the rest I can get from the Internet, at least in summary. I really do not miss it at all.

So do you think this (going TV free at home) is a good idea or not, and why?

Awww, but you're missing Make Me a Supermodel. Its awesome this season.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

i didn't have a tv for a long time. my first 2 years living alone after high school, no tv. then i shared a flat with some people and we shared a puny tv but one of my flatmates was always monopolising it and watching crap so i almost never watched (though i did put my foot down on the nights 'six feet under' was on). then i moved and again, no tv for about a year. and all that time i didn't download any movies or shows either. that didn't start until later.
    i didn't miss it at all. i watched movies at the cinema or at friends' houses.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have a huge flat screen and surround sound and I still don't watch much TV. I can only sit and watch it for an hour or two at the most and then I get bored.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Wow Soj!! You da MAN!!!!!

It would be hard for me too, have to admit. I like watching the trash shows, and with the kids---though I seriously do attempt to limit their TV, in the winter when we can't leave the house I would be insane w/o it.

I am a football gal myself, so I would seriously miss the NFL.

But kudo's to you!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information