Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 most historically inaccurate movies

^^ Totally agree with you there. I was just trying to say it wasn't just a graphic novel that it was based off.

Can I just suggest another two movies?

1) U-571 - the Americans weren't even in the same time zone when the British performed this particular heroic deed.

2)
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

whoops, sorry, premature ejaculation of post! Beg pardon.

And as I was about to say:
    2) The Other Boleyn Girl. Mary was the good time girl, Anne was the serious one and she didn't sleep with her brother George. In fact, George's wife, Jane, felt so bad about what happened to them as a partial result of her complaints, that she did her best to protect George and Anne's cousin, Catherine Howard (wife no. 5), who WAS guilty of infidelity - and as a result, Jane went to the scaffold herself.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^premature ejaculation of post - oh I'll be borrowing that line g/f!

The Last Samurai
    The Japanese in the late 19th century did hire foreign advisers to modernize their army, but they were mostly French, not American. Ken Watanabe's character was based on the real Saigo Takamori who committed ritual suicide, or "seppuku," in defeat rather than in a volley of Gatling gun fire. Also, it's doubtful that a 40-something alcoholic Civil War vet, even one with great hair, would master the chopsticks much less the samurai sword.
    Movie Info |  Trailers & Clips |  Production Photos

my favorite was the gatling gun, stationary, was killing people to the left and the right. geez
    Another classic line " a 40 - something alcoholic Civil War vet even one with great hair, would master the chosticks much less the samurai sword.

American Gangsters - the law suits are firing back and forth over that one. The suit, filed in federal court in Manhattan, claims that the movie trashed respected law-enforcement officers by claiming that Lucas' collaboration with prosecutors "led to the convictions of three-quarters of New York City's Drug Enforcement Administration."

Alexander - keep in mind I wasn't there at the time but I'm pretty darn sure Alexander the Great didn't have a Irish accent especially since he was Greek.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information