Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: World Cup Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I think it's crazy that he bites AWAY from the ball. Why?
    So the ref won't see him.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Well, that's true. It's just so odd. I read that his team is totally trying to cover it up and the Uruguay Football Assoc. is saying that the pictures are photo shopped.

It's not like he hasn't done it before at Liverpool or anything. Fuck off Suarez and shame on the Uruguay football team. England despise this bastard for many reasons.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    It's not like he hasn't done it before at Liverpool or anything. Fuck off Suarez and shame on the Uruguay football team. England despise this bastard for many reasons.
    Yeah, there was that whole 'N' word controversy a couple of years back, he's a wrong 'un for sure. As a Liverpool fan myself I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of him, despite his footballing prowess.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

No news yet on a decision from FIFA. They are required to make a decision before Saturday. Uruguay as a country has hugely disappointed me in getting behind this a-hole. If he is allowed to play, I'm going to tune out the rest of the World Cup.

Elite Member

Well, Suarez got a suspension for 4 months (from all football related activities) and 9 matches plus a 100.000 swiss franc fine.
    That doesn't seem like a lot for a third time offender, considering the summer break is taking up half the suspension. But at least WC is over for him.
    According to unreliable Danish media, Uruguay is considering boycotting the wc.

Is that a full four months and then 9 matches after that? Or whichever comes first like, a car warranty?

It is total bullshit!!! He needs to find some help and get banned for life, and not be able to ever play on any type of a sport organized team, ever.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; June 26th, 2014 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Well, Suarez got a suspension for 4 months (from all football related activities) and 9 matches plus a 100.000 swiss franc fine.
    That doesn't seem like a lot for a third time offender, considering the summer break is taking up half the suspension. But at least WC is over for him.
    According to unreliable Danish media, Uruguay is considering boycotting the wc.
    If Uruguay boycotts the WC, I think they should preemptively ban Uruguay from the next World Cup. And all money that would have gone to Uruguay so far in the World Cup would be donated to Operation Smile.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Is that a full four months and then 9 matches after that? Or whichever comes first like, a car warranty?

It is total bullshit!!! He needs to find some help and get banned for life, and not be able to ever play on any type of a sport organized team, ever.
    It looks like it's 4 months suspension from all football (national and Liverpool) and after that 9 matches suspension from the national team.
    I guess they did it that way, because the national team doesn't have any significant matches in the coming 4 months (except the WC of course).
    The same unreliable Danish media also says, that Suarez could appeal to CAS the international sports court, who'd deliver a decision within 24 hours.

Don't you bet he will appeal it?

Ugggg..that game was frustrating to watch today. The US looked sluggish to me, and didn't attack the ball. They couldn't keep possession of it for more than a few seconds. The Germans play a fast game, and they are really good at passing and moving the ball to the net almost immediately once they get possession. They will be fun to watch in this WC,...unless we have to play them again. lol

Uruguay is going to appeal because they think he's 'being unjustly targeted', which is total bullshit. He has done this before in the Dutch league as well. It doesn't seem long enough, but he'll be missing quite a bit of champions league games for Liverpool.

Happy the US made it through.

I was happy the US made it too,...but that sure wasn't their best game. But your right, at least they did it and are advancing. They will just have to step it up to hang in there, that is for sure.

Did anyone hear how the 2 US players are that collided on the pitch? My Lord that was a big hit to their heads. I wondered if they suffered concussions from it?

And did Dempsey get whacked in his broken nose again?!? Oh man,.....I bet that kills!!!

And a big shot out to Howard. He had some awesome saves today. The one goal that got in was just so fast behind the beautiful save he just made 3 seconds prior. He just couldn't get on his feet and to the other side of the net quick enough. But he was damn close to catching that second strike, dammit!! Feel bad for him, but he did a super job today!

Elite Member

Ok, it's the first of the 1/8 finals. Brazil vs. Chile. Hard to predict, but Im hoping for Brazil, because it's always more fun, when the host nation is still in the tournament. Later it's Colombia-Uruguay. It'll be interesting t see how Ururguay will fare without Suarez.

Elite Member

So, I'm the only one still watching? That's all right, I'll talk amongst myself.

Well, Brazil won in a great penanlty shoot out drama. The right winner, I think. I feel bad for Chile though, they could have gone to the semi or further, had they not met Brazil so soon. Colombia beat out Uruguay, I'm glad to say. Hopefully we won't have to hear about Suarez falling teeth first into anyone again.

Aaaand what an overtime drama for Holland. Also the first game with a cooling/drinking break. I don't particularly like the Dutch defensive style, but they work with what they have, and are very successful at it. So good for them. Later tonight it's Costa Rica-Greece. I don't have high hopes for Greece (sorry Yanna).
    Last edited by idunno; June 29th, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

^Well, as you may know we reside in The Netherlands and we don't even have to watch any of the matches. We just know that when it's dead quiet they're either even in score or behind. So, as soon as all the cheering, yelling and tooting of horns begins, we know that The Netherlands have scored or are ahead, LOL. There was great concern ahead of this match against Mexico because the city it was played in had temperatures way in the thirties (Celsius). That may be okay with the Mexican team, but the Dutch aren't used to such extreme temperatures, so everybody here feared the worst, also regarding the health of the players. But, it turned out well and they won, again, and deservedly so, if only because they managed to stay vertical for the full duration of the match.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information