Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: World Cup Brazil

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo 34m
    Just how big were Germany's 7 goals yesterday? Here's the equivalent of scoring 7 WC goals across 4 other sports
    Belt Up and dexter7 like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Yea,....it sure was a high scoring game, especially for the World Cup. But that is a high score for even a high school team. I know we had a team this spring we beat 10-0...and that is pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i had to pretend to care while i was at work yesterday because everyone was so upset about it. i really do feel like i'm autistic or something when big sporting events are on and people get all excited about it and i'm all, "oh yeah that's terrible" when really i don't give a fuck and i have no sense of national pride as relates to sports. i'm just weird that way but people really are bothered by it so now i just pretend that i care.
    Same here. I don't care about Argentina - The Netherlands. Thank god today is a national holiday because if not, I would be walking home from work due to the lack of public transportation.
    And I hope they (argentina) win or tomorrow my co-workers are going to be insufferable.

Well, the match started 10 PM local time. We didn't hear anything for the longest time, we peeked: 0-0 at half time. We went to bed in eerie silence. That didn't sound hopeful. So, this morning we turn on the news: the Dutch lost in another penalty shootout. I think there's gonna be many depressed Orange fans down here today.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

God, that was a snooze fest. I really dislike the defensive playing style that both teams have. I know there's a lot of oranje fans here, but I'm happy Agentina won. Holland has been sooo über defensive in this WC, packing down in front of their own goal, waiting for an off chance instead of playing some ball.
    I'm also glad there's a European and a South American team in both the final and third place match. Gives a nice balance, I think.

Now I'm hoping for a win for Germany, and third place for Brazil. I don't normally root for Germany, but they've played some of the most interesting football in this tournament. And the poor Brazillians deserve a little pick-me-up after the semifinal fiasco.

I really feel for those of you who have to pretend you care. I feel the same about tennis. I try to tell my collegues that Caroline Wozniacky will never win a grand slam tournament, but they just don't get it.

It's the NETHERLANDS. I'm annoyed at my own ignorance earlier in this thread for calling them Holland. Holland is IN the Netherlands, but it's not the whole country. Holland is a region.

And yes, if you can't tell, I'm pissed they lost. I've got arseholes forcing me to say I was wrong that they were going to win and I really wanted them to as well!

I hope the Netherlands crush Brazil. 8-1.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Oranje! Why? Why you do this to me! How couldn't you score?! And when you have a penalty guru why not put him on again. This blows. Stupid Huntelaar. The guy looks like an over the top bad guy in a movie and wtf did he do when he was used as the final substitution? Why, get himself a yellow card and that's about it. Stupid cry-face Cillessen couldn't catch a single penalty. Fuck this shit. I liked the game even though there weren't any goals, both teams were very evenly matched and it was better to watch than the snuff film that was Brazil-Germany.

So sleep deprived and disappointed right now. Not sure who to support. I am not super fond of Germany and the Argentinians are just ok, they don't blow me away either. Crap. I really thought it would finally be Netherlands this year.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

As a Brit it goes against everything I believe in, but I'm going to have to root for the Germans.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

As a Greek it goes waaaaaaaaay against everything i believe in but i ll root for the Germans too...
    levitt likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    As a Brit it goes against everything I believe in, but I'm going to have to root for the Germans.
    Bollocks. To. That.
    levitt likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Well, I'm rooting for Argentina!
    Belt Up likes this.

Here is your weird World Cup news item of the day, and a picture of the poor guy:

Player ‘Tore His Anus’ in World Cup

This is what we call taking one for the team. Argentina’s Javier Mascherano revealed that during his game-saving tackle on the Netherlands’ Arjen Robben, he “tore his anus.” In an interview after the match, Mascherano, who also suffered a concussion in the first half, said, “I thought I had slipped, I thought I wouldn’t make it, but I tore my anus on that move, the pain... it was terrible.” Thanks to Mascherano’s sacrifice, Argentina advanced to the World Cup Final. He also said that the pain was worth it, as he will get to take his country to the promised land. “It’s a delight to be in the final, a delight that lifts your soul,” he said.

See, now that's passion...you wouldn't catch one of those German androids ripping their arses to win the ball.

Argies to win!!!
    palta likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Elite Member

He literally worked his arse off for the win. Gotta respect that.

So, I'll give the 3rd place match a miss, but I'm gearing up for the big final. I'll be hosting a WC final party for some German friends complete with mini frankfurts in blankets. Now I'm off to see if my local super market has German beer in stock.

Come on zee Germans! I hope they win too.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information