Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women's gymnastics all-around - SPOILERS

Bob Costas interviewed them for tonites interview (taped from yesterday) and he asked them if they would be back in 2012. they werent so sure at that point. ONE because it was right after winning the Gold and Silver. TWO Shawn pointed out that they might be there if their bodies hold out.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    Bob Costas interviewed them for tonites interview (taped from yesterday) and he asked them if they would be back in 2012. they werent so sure at that point. ONE because it was right after winning the Gold and Silver. TWO Shawn pointed out that they might be there if their bodies hold out.
    I hope to see them both in 2012 but wouldn't be surprised if both of them retired. And while I'm sure Shawn Johnson is a little bit disappointed that she didn't get gold, there's no shame in winning a silver medal in the women's all-around. Plus, Nastia is in 3 event finals and Shawn is in 2 so they both have a shot at more medals. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shawn win gold on beam or floor.

My fear for Shawn Johnson is that she'd end up like Kim Zmeskal, who was so hyped up before the 1992 Olympics that the country thought another all-around gold was in the bag. Kim Zmeskal was a fantastic gymnast but she had a terrible Olympics. I'm glad that the same thing didn't happen to either of our all-around candidates this year, but I can't help but wonder how well we could have done if we didn't have 2 out of 6 athletes down with injuries.

I feel especially bad for Chellsie Memmel...she worked so fucking hard to get back here only to have to compete on a broken ankle. That HAS to suck. Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    How AWESOME are we?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

NASTIA THE GOLD, SHAWN THE SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ROCK! They wanted to go 1-2...and they did! Nastia was incredible, she's so beautiful to watch...like a ballerina.

USA! USA! USA!
    YA YA YA YA!!!!!!!!!!!111

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information