Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Wimbledon 2015

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I'm just in a world of pain because I LOVED watching Rafa is in prime. I enjoyed it so much. I miss those days, though I admittedly own the 2008 final on DVD and enjoy setting aside a good 4 or 5 hour chunk to relive the golden times
    We always watch BBC reruns of classic Wimbledon matches and documentaries whenever there's a rain break. It's such fun to watch young Mac, his brilliance and artistry and of course his humor filled temper, LOVED and love everything about it. The old, tiny, wooden rackets, wow.

Yaaaayyyyyy, another favorite of mine is through: Serena beat a well playing British girl. Thank God she won, the crowd was way too chauvinistic to me, never mind it being a player of their country.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

That "well playing British girl" is called Heather Watson. Come on now, of course there is favouritism, it's a championship in Britain.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I'd never really heard of her. I seriously lost most of my interest in tennis after the classics, McEnroe, Borg, Nastase, Connors before the boring (not bad, just boring) Sampras, Edberg, Wilander etc. Navratilova during the boring Evert and before the annoying Graf and likable but always losing Gabriella Sabatini. I couldn't stand the female generation in between where tennis matches became grunting, squealing and screaming matches. Thank goodness the Williams sisters got some energy, athleticism and excitement back into the game.

***** celeb

A*O

Kyrgios isn't well liked in Oz either apart from his fantards. He is a rude, obnoxious prick with an adoring mother like so many of these bratty players these days. A bad loser and even worse when he wins. He may be a good player but with his current attitude problem he needs to keep losing until he grows the fuck up and shows some respect. Fellow Aussies Mark Phillippousis and Bernard Tomic were/are exactly the same and both more or less burned out before reaching their full potential because of their big Attitude problem.
    levitt likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I took a dislike to Tomic a couple of years ago, his attitude seemed quite apparent. He was dispatched relatively effortlessly today by Nole.

Heather Watson is a good player. Just coming back from injury. Serena is a fighter though.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Based on absolutely no evidence but plenty of snark I've always suspected our Rafa has a drug problem.
    By drug problem. Do you mean drugs that he shoots into his ass? Because i'm sure he's familiar with that way of using.

I know you problem mean blow or something. But I had to add that.

there's a GIANT rumor or twelve that he's on PED's. (performance enhancing drugs) i really love Rafa, so i don't think i believe them.

i do believe that his style of play has burned his body out way faster than Roger or even Nole.
    levitt likes this.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A*O

By drug problem I mean his wildly fluctuating form and endless "injuries" that require lengthy periods of withdrawal from the circuit AKA rehab. No idea which particular substances he may or may not be using but my drugdar has always pinged with this guy.
    Dame Edna Everage

i also think picking up all of these tics over the years has done his game in. for instance, when he first won the French, he played great.
    but now? he has to pick his but, fix his shirt on his shoulders, wipe the sides of his nose, put his hair behind each ear. plus all of the
    other things he does, like lining up his bottles so so. not touching the lines on the walk back to his seat, blah blah. There's so many things.

yet, i still love to watch him play.
    levitt likes this.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A*O

The Rafa/Brown match was wonderful for several reasons. It was a pleasure to watch some short, sharp good, old fashioned serve/volley rallies instead of the usual 30+ baseline topspin slogs. I think that's what unsettled Rafa more than anything else, he's just not used to an opponent who comes in to the net to play. It certainly makes for much more exciting and entertaining viewing.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i also think picking up all of these tics over the years has done his game in. for instance, when he first won the French, he played great.
    but now? he has to pick his but, fix his shirt on his shoulders, wipe the sides of his nose, put his hair behind each ear. plus all of the
    other things he does, like lining up his bottles so so. not touching the lines on the walk back to his seat,
    blah blah. There's so many things.

yet, i still love to watch him play.
    Yeah, his OCD habits/rituals were particularly annoying in the many close-ups they made of him during the match with Brown, who was like bounce ball twice and serve. Nadal had to do like 12 things BEFORE bouncing the ball 16 times ahead of each serve. UGH.

***** celeb

I'm going to be at Centre on Monday with my mum fingers crossed for seeing Djokovic and Stan the Man, I haven't seen Wawrinka yet so I'm hopeful they might put him on Centre.
    rollo and msdeb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I'm going to be at Centre on Monday with my mum fingers crossed for seeing Djokovic and Stan the Man, I haven't seen Wawrinka yet so I'm hopeful they might put him on Centre.
    Have a great day and don't melt in the heat!

Dammit: Dustin Brown is out. Can't stand it. Couldn't see the match because stupid BBC had it locked behind a red button or something.
    Last edited by HWBL; July 4th, 2015 at 08:11 AM.
    levitt likes this.

***** celeb

You should be able to get into the red button - maybe tonight? It's endless tennis in there. You can see all the matches you missed at work. The Serena Williams v. Heather Watson match was epic!
    levitt likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information