Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Wimbledon 2013

I HATE the fact that Murray beat Verdasco.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^ I don't! Huzzah! Hehe. To be fair I just sort of want someone who isn't Djokovic to win. So if Janowicz is the one, I don't mind if he beats Murray.

I was at the Women's Semi today, screaming my little head off for Sabine. LOVE HER!!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

The Sabine match was a good one! I really want Jerzy Janowitz to beat Murray today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    The Sabine match was a good one! I really want Jerzy Janowitz to beat Murray today.
    Yep, I want the Polish giant to annihilate the Scottish rodent! (I've probably jinxed it now, ugh)
    A*O likes this.

***** celeb

EPIC match, semi-finals, between Novak Djokovic and Juan Martin Del Potro. Both great athletes and both very sportsmanlike. Take a note on that, rodent Andy! I'm glad Novak won, but Del Potro would have been good, too. Now lets see if the giant can beat the ferret.

***** celeb

I wanted DelPo to win. I love him, absolute sweetheart, gentleman.

And also, sorry guys, but YES ANDY.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Yep, I want the Polish giant to annihilate the Scottish rodent! (I've probably jinxed it now, ugh)

Well done Andy
    Mivvi21 likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post

Well done Andy
    Damn, the ferret won. He did play excellent tennis though, but I hate the chauvinistic crowds at Wimbledon. In the old days they were there to cheer good tennis, regardless who made the points. The past few years they've lost that and are only cheering their favorites. Not a good development. Djokovic must still have been feeling the fatigue of his tough semi final; he was not up to his normal standard.

***** celeb

He's not a fucking ferret. He played extremely well, something's happened with Andy over the past year or so and he's just really come into his own. So impressed, I *knew* this was his year.

Alex Salmond (First Minister of Scotland) was on screen waving the Saltire behind David Cameron, it's causing much hilarity on my Facebook feed.
    Mivvi21 likes this.

He's not a fucking ferret. He played extremely well, something's happened with Andy over the past year or so and he's just really come into his own. So impressed, I *knew* this was his year.

Alex Salmond (First Minister of Scotland) was on screen waving the Saltire behind David Cameron, it's causing much hilarity on my Facebook feed.
    He may not be a "fucking" ferret, but he's got serious rodent face going on. You're right, ferrets are cuter so comparing him to them is actually an insult to ferrets. And like I said: he did play an excellent game today, though if Djokovic had played to his normal standard, it would have been a lot closer.

***** celeb

I have to admit, I don't watch Wimbledon, but I could see how the British crowds would get really into this guy. He's the first male Brit to win a final since freaking 1936. That's huge, and I'm very happy for Murray and England.

Damn, the ferret won. He did play excellent tennis though, but I hate the chauvinistic crowds at Wimbledon. In the old days they were there to cheer good tennis, regardless who made the points. The past few years they've lost that and are only cheering their favorites. Not a good development. Djokovic must still have been feeling the fatigue of his tough semi final; he was not up to his normal standard.
    The UK tennis fans have been wanting this for a long, long time - 77 years. I'm more than happy to allow them a bit of chauvinism.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

i get how the crowd was pro Andy, but i kind of felt bad for the Joker. i mean, they were screaming at his unforced errors, and in between points when they thought he'd missed.

but then i realize he's a millionaire and i'm over it. But congrats to Andy.
    Last edited by msdeb; July 7th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

He may not be a "fucking" ferret, but he's got serious rodent face going on. You're right, ferrets are cuter so comparing him to them is actually an insult to ferrets. And like I said: he did play an excellent game today, though if Djokovic had played to his normal standard, it would have been a lot closer.
    His face has nothing to do with how he plays tennis, grow up.

The crowd was pretty wild for Wimbledon, Andy's mum sobbing when he won brought a wee tear to my eye

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i get how the crowd was pro Andy, but i kind of felt bad for the Joker. i mean, they were screaming at his unforced errors, and in between points when they thought he'd missed.

but then i realize he's a millionaire and i'm over it. But congrats to Andy.
    Exactly. Crowds used to be there for the game in the olden days. They'd cheer every good point and kept their traps shut after unforced errors.

His face has nothing to do with how he plays tennis, grow up.

The crowd was pretty wild for Wimbledon, Andy's mum sobbing when he won brought a wee tear to my eye
    Where did I say that his face had anything to do with how he played tennis? Oh, yeah, that's right. Nowhere. I just mentioned it, as I will again: guy looks like a rodent. He played excellent tennis. Two separate sentences. Both true.

***** celeb

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information