Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon, 2009

Sharon, I agree, I didn't see it all but it was very exciting

i HATE tennis TV coverage here in the States. last week it was okay, with ESPN2 covering it. but NBC has it now, which means it doesnt start until after the 50 hours of the Today show. and NOT live.

one bad thing about ESPN's coverage is they have a boner for the Williams sisters, so they'll show a Williams sisters doubles match over a Federer match. i wont even start on their lousy announcers.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^They're also doing a whole of Andy Murray dick sucking and I cannot stand it. I have been rooting against him just because I can't stand the ass kissing anymore. It drives me crazy.

^ Same here. It's puke making. Talk about over-hyping someone.

A*O

Don't worry. Murray will go crashing out and so will that other wanker Lleyton Hewitt.

I thought the Wimbledon referee said he was going to tell umpires to crack down on the screaming banshees? It makes women's tennis unwatchable these days and I'm sure it's done to intimidate and put their opponents off their game. It probably affects players on other courts too. The odd grunt on a difficult point maybe, but this high decibel screeching every time they hit the ball has to stop.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    ^ Same here. It's puke making. Talk about over-hyping someone.
    Haha, as a Murray fan it's driving me nuts as well. He has an excellent chance of getting to the semis, but no way will he win the tournament. Yet you'd think he was the only player left! I wish they'd leave him alone, the pressure is really getting to him

Totally agreed about women's tennis. The grunting and squealing is out of control.

Don't worry. Murray will go crashing out and so will that other wanker Lleyton Hewitt.

I thought the Wimbledon referee said he was going to tell umpires to crack down on the screaming banshees? It makes women's tennis unwatchable these days and I'm sure it's done to intimidate and put their opponents off their game. It probably affects players on other courts too. The odd grunt on a difficult point maybe, but this high decibel screeching every time they hit the ball has to stop.
    I couldn't agree more!

^^I'm watching Serena play right now against Azarenka and I had to mute the tv because of Azarenka's high pitched screeching. It's horrible.

what a shock - a williams final!

i wonder if Serenaman will scream at every point while she's playing Venus.
    i'd like to see Venus win, she's classy.

Wimbledon to me, isnt the same without Rafa.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'm watching Roddick and Murray right now. This might be common knowledge in the U.K, but I didn't realise this about Murray:

Murray attended Dunblane Primary School, where he experienced the Dunblane Massacre of 1996. Thomas Hamilton killed 17 people, mostly children who were in a younger age group than Murray, before turning one of his four guns on himself. Murray himself took cover in a classroom. Murray says he was too young to understand what was happening and is reluctant to talk about it in interviews, but in his autobiography Hitting Back he says that he attended a youth group run by Hamilton, and that his mother gave him rides in her car.
    Source: Wikipedia

Also:
    Tennis champion Andy Murray has described for the first time his struggle to cope with the emotional fallout of surviving the 1996 Dunblane massacre.
    Murray, the UK's highest-ranking tennis player, was eight years old when the former scout leader Thomas Hamilton burst into Dunblane primary school and opened fire with a collection of handguns. Sixteen children and a teacher were killed before Hamilton shot himself.
    Murray and his elder brother, Jamie, then 10, were on their way to the school gymnasium and survived by hiding under a desk in the headmaster's office.
    Since then Murray has rarely spoken of the episode, claiming he was too young to understand what had happened.
    But in his new autobiography, Hitting Back, which is published today, he describes how he has struggled to cope with the realisation that he could easily have become one of Hamilton's victims.
    "Some of my friends' brothers and sisters were killed. I have only retained patch impressions of that day, such as being in a classroom singing songs," Murray says.
    Murray, who was brought up in Dunblane, had previously attended a youth group run by Hamilton, and in the book he describes how his mother sometimes gave the former scout leader lifts in her car.
    He writes: "The weirdest thing was that we knew the guy [Hamilton]. He had been in my mum's car. It's obviously weird to think you had a murderer in your car, sitting next to your mum.
    "That is probably another reason why I don't want to look back at it. It is just so uncomfortable to think that it was someone we knew from the Boys Club. We used to go to the club and have fun. Then to find out he's a murderer was something my brain couldn't cope with."
    He says: "I could have been one of those children."
    Murray describes fight to cope with trauma of Dunblane school killings | UK news | The Guardian

Roddick played well today. I was quite surprised. I'm glad he won. No more Murray Mania! I'll be cheering for Federer on Sunday though.
    As for the women, I don't like either of them but I hope Venus wins.

Roddick played a hell of a match, i hope he continues on and does the same damage to Federer.

Both Andy's were class acts in the post match interviews.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

This is the worst Wimbledon I can remember...

I'm just rooting for Roddick because he was born in my home state, Nebraska.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information