Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: US Tennis Open begins on Monday, Aug 31 - predictions?

Elite Member

Serena is under investigation by the USTA (I think it's them) to see if they need to ding her anymore.

My heart aches with you Rafa; fortunately my abdominals don't.
    See you next year kid...

eh, i kind of enjoy it when athletes misbehave. livens things up.
    and i don't think it matters whether they're fined 10'000 or 100'000, what hurts the most is losing and being out of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    What kind of message does this send to the kids that look up to her?
    that it's stupid to idol worship and that it's fine to admire someone's achievements but that just because someone is great at what they do, doesn't mean they're a great person. so basically, it's a lesson in realism.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Looks like Wozniaki is going to win the womens US open semifinals - she's out there in a grey/lilac frilly tutu thing looking like a very muscular ballet wannabe...and yes, that's it, she's got it.
    Last edited by Chimera; September 13th, 2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: added semifinals

i like her tutu. her shit was by stella mccartney for adidas.

I think Wozniacki has one of the ugliest tennis outfits I have ever seen. It looks like a sack with ruffles.

Elite Member

Kim has the first set and her adorable daughter is in the stands. She's golden, definitely golden!

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    I think Wozniacki has one of the ugliest tennis outfits I have ever seen. It looks like a sack with ruffles.
    gawd i was thinking the same thing!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

It really is awful looking. Like she's in a performance of "Swine Lake".

Elite Member

A dress you would put on a two year old for a birthday party, long dangling earrings, a long necklace and, ahem, sneakers! How trailer parkish of Wozniaki - I can hear Tyra Banks screaming, "hooch!".

Good on Kim - god, her kid is gorgeous.
    Last edited by Chimera; September 13th, 2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: so many spelling mistakes!

I'm glad that Kim won. Lets hope the WTA starts making a comeback now. Maybe Henin will come back!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That between the legs shot Federer hit was insane!!

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    they have a new anti-doping policy in effect this year. part of it states (in part) that the player has to have an accounting of their whereabouts for every day of the year. Not sure why. (and i think its down to the hour)

i dont know what they test for, but Richard Gasquet got busted for cocaine, and received a 2 mo suspension. he said he got it when he kissed a girl in a club, that had cocaine in her system.

if you look at pics of Serena from the beginning and then from now, you'd really have to wonder if she was on steroids.

Gasquet got coke by kissing a girl?? How did they even prove that - weird.

^ Because it was such a minute speck of cocaine he had in his system.
    On the subject of steroids...Tennis Has a Steroid Problem
    Interesting read. Obviously just that guy's views though..

Default Serena finally "apologizes" for foot-fault rant

(Headline is all f**king wrong, this ain't no f**king "apology" but that's what "apologies" pass for these days)

Serena finally apologizes for foot-fault rant - Yahoo! News

NEW YORK (Reuters) Serena Williams finally apologized on Monday for her angry outburst aimed at a lineswoman during her U.S. Open semi-final against Kim Clijsters.
    Williams issued a statement on Sunday conceding she had "handled the situation poorly" but did not apologizes to anyone involved in the incident.
    The 27-year-old world number two, however, changed her tune the following day in a news conference after she teamed up with her sister Venus to win the Open doubles crown.
    "I really wanted to apologize sincerely, because I'm a very prideful person and I'm a very intense person and a very emotional person," she said. "I think it all showed."

Williams said she wanted to apologize "first to the lineswoman, to the USTA (U.S. Tennis Association), and my fans most of all, and to Kim Clijsters."
    With Clijsters closing in on the victory on Saturday night, Williams was called for a foot-fault on a second serve to give the Belgian a match point.
    Williams launched into an expletive-laced rant at the lineswoman, saying in part, "I swear to God I'm ... going to take this ball and shove it down your ... throat."
    NEGATIVE HEADLINES
    Having already received an earlier warning for smashing a racket, Williams was handed an automatic point penalty for a second violation which gave Clijsters the match.
    When asked by the media in the post-match news conference if she believed she should apologize, Williams replied: "An apology? From me? Well, how many people yell at linespeople?"
    But after two days of negative headlines and with the threat of a ban from the tour hanging over her, Williams's stance softened once tennis officials fined her $10,500 and launched an investigation into the incident.
    "I definitely think an apology was warranted," she said. "I just felt like the other one (Sunday's statement) was an apology, as well. This one I wanted to make sure that I also congratulated Kim."
    Williams does not believe she committed the foot fault.
    "I don't think my foot touched the line in that call," she said. "Looking back on it, I think the lady did the best that she could. She was just doing her job."
    The Williams sisters won their second Open doubles crown with a dominating 6-2 6-2 victory over top seeds Cara Black and Liezel Huber.
    When Serena was asked what she would like to say to the lineswoman, she responded: "I would like to give her a big ole hug and say, 'Let's just put it all behind us like I have and just move on from it'."

(how about apologizing like you truly meant it instead of making this about yourself you f**king ass)

Elite Member

Del Potro just won the US Open. 5 sets. What a forehand!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information