Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sports you'd like added or removed from Olympics

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I'd get rid of soccer and tennis cause there are too many Championships and all that for them, handball cause it's really boring, baseball and softball cause no one watches it outside the USA and it's boring as hell, equestrian cause it's animal abuse and some ridiculous shit like tandem diving, triathlon and all that. Oh and women's beach volley because my boyfriend goes gaga over it.

I don't really want to add anything. The Olympics are too big as they are.
    That's simply not true. Baseball is extremely popular in many Latin American and Asian countries. The US did not win gold in either baseball or softball at this Olympics.

Since you don't watch baseball you don't know how many Latin American players play on our teams, but I assure you there are tons of them! In fact I think baseball is more popular than soccer in some of those countries.

I'm not suggesting getting rid of ping pong, a sport Americans don't give a shit about, because it's very popular in some countries and the Olympics is for everyone. It's not just for us Americans, it's not just for the Chinese, and it's certainly not just for Europeans.

Ok, keep your baseball. I watched that shit live in the Athens Olympics and I needed a dozen bottles of beer to make it through it.

Really didn't know about Latin America being into it. Only knew about Japan.

And I did suggest getting rid of football and tennis which would have European interest.

Gold Member

Ok, keep your baseball. I watched that shit live in the Athens Olympics and I needed a dozen bottles of beer to make it through it.

Really didn't know about Latin America being into it. Only knew about Japan.

And I did suggest getting rid of football and tennis which would have European interest.
    I don't watch baseball either because I also find it boring as hell.

I just wanted to address your incorrect assumption that Americans are the only people who watch baseball. We aren't.

I agree with getting rid of tennis and soccer....sports watched around the globe, not just by Europeans...because the highly-paid professionals participating in it are not very inspiring and I would like to see the Olympics go back to only having amateur athletes.

I just wanted to address your incorrect assumption that Americans are the only people who watch baseball. We aren't.
    I'm glad you did .

Gold Member

I'm glad you did .
    Just don't ask me why they call it the "World Series", I got so sick of that question when I lived in Europe.

^Meh, I still wonder WTF is up with "Miss Universe"

Gold Member

^Meh, I still wonder WTF is up with "Miss Universe"
    LOL yeah; wasn't it on Futurama that they had an actual Miss Universe contest with cartoon aliens that were just masses of gelatinous goo. That was hilarious!

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Wha?? We got to see all the track & field. Did you not get to see high jump women with that stunning Russian girl? Or the Decathlon's Bryan Clay? Really some neat stuff. BTW, Aussies uniforms for the ladies basketball team were SO much better than ours!
    I'm sure they were shown very briefly but never when I was watching. Even the Sports News reports didn't cover them.

I think the triathlon is one "new" even that should stay. It's a great test of athletic stamina, it's not a team event, most of the participants are amateurs.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Get rid of Baseball and Softball please.
    Add: Rugby!

They have walking as an Olympic event??? Where do they recruit, the local mall??
    I would like to add Naked Swimming, hubba hubba.

-curling
    -all the rifle events
    -luge
    -badminton
    -ping pong
    -rhythmic gymnastics
    -fencing
    -soccer and basketball (I agree they are well enough represented in pro leagues)
    -synchronized swimming (this has always been a wtf for me)
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by ekee View Post
    Add: Rugby!
    Yeah I always wondered why that wasn't an Olympic sport. I know it's not very popular in the states, but isn't it popular all over the world???

I think they should add a "Beerfest" portion of the Olympics!!! I'd so compete in Beer Pong and Das Boot!

And who cares if you win or lose because with drinking, you'll always be a BIG WINNER!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

triathlon should stay. those people are incredible athletes.

i also like the winter one, where they cross-country ski and shoot guns, what's that called again?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love rhythmic gymnastics, leave it alone! Though I agree about the WTFery of synchronised swimming.

Rugby is a sport in the Paralympics. I saw it live and it was brutal. Never thought people on wheelchairs would get like that. But it was mostly young people, of course. It was great to watch.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

rid of: bad mitton!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information