Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER THREAD** 2010 Vancouver Olympics

I think it was less noticeable in the years where the events were all the way across the world. It was understandable that everything was taped and aired later because stuff was in the middle of the night. It makes NO sense that so much is being taped and shown later on this one, especially the massive delay they're giving the west coast. They are in the same time zone, why delay it so that it's in "prime time"?

I've been watching a lot of live feeds online for the events I was interested in. Watched men's short program figure skating on a live feed last night and there were some good performances that NBC never showed. They skipped over entire groups of skaters.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Shaun White landed his famed Double McTwist 1260 on the last hit of his last run -- even though he already had the gold medal in the bag. His score of 48.4 out of 50 gave White his second Olympic title. U.S. teammate Scotty Lago won the bronze.

I'm so glad snowboarding is in the olympics and I really like watching the halfpipe.
    I have to wonder what they are going to do to beat Shaun. His air time was like 20 feet. I was sorry Louie didn't medal though.

Scotty Lago was pretty great,too. I was exhausted after that, just from holding my breath. Shaun White was totally awesome! Did you hear his coach say (after he knew he had the gold,but before the second run) "Just go stomp the shit outta all of them!"
    And then he did!! What a show for his fans-he had every country cheering.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I loved their red, white and blue plaid shirts. I was lucky to find a site on the web that was streaming it live, NBC sucks showing it during prime time.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I loved their red, white and blue plaid shirts. I was lucky to find a site on the web that was streaming it live, NBC sucks showing it during prime time.
    I thought that plaid was really neat,too.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The coach said "fucking" too,...before NBC wised up and cut down the audio feed on them. I thought it was funny. The announcer was apologizing for the language. *rme* I'd be fucking happy and cussing myself if I had just won gold, or my athlete had.

Shaun White is just amazing. He was born to do these sports and is just beautiful to watch. He seems like a really great guy and is a cutie, too! Love that smile and wild ass hair of his.....

I love Shaun White. He has such a great attitude and from San Diego, woo woo! He looks like a Bee Gee.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I was like "did he just say fucking?" then the apology came.. these guys skate X sports I bet fucking is one of the nicer words. LOL

I love that he went out there and lit it up with no pressure. That guy is crazy. He was a good 10 feet higher than anyone else the whole night. For a novice to watch and clearly see the difference between him and even the silver medalist is telling.

One question though: How in the hell do they snowboard with their crotches down to their knees? Every one of them.

^Last night my mom was commenting on their baggy clothes and said "ya know, they should really change their uniforms to something more aerodynamic, those baggy clothes can't be helping him". I told her that I'm pretty sure Shaun White is doing just fine in those baggy clothes. She said "Well, think how much higher he could get in more form fitting clothes!" Stop perving on the snowboarders mom....lol

Lindsey Vonn just fell during the super combined slalom and didn't medal but Mancuso got a silver.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    ^Last night my mom was commenting on their baggy clothes and said "ya know, they should really change their uniforms to something more aerodynamic, those baggy clothes can't be helping him". I told her that I'm pretty sure Shaun White is doing just fine in those baggy clothes. She said "Well, think how much higher he could get in more form fitting clothes!" Stop perving on the snowboarders mom....lol
    OMG. My husband and I had the same conversation last night (though he took your side).

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Lindsey Vonn just fell during the super combined slalom and didn't medal but Mancuso got a silver.
    She said last night she really didn't care-she had her gold!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post

One question though: How in the hell do they snowboard with their crotches down to their knees? Every one of them.
    I think it makes them feel edgy.. my hubby wasn't liking it either.

Skating is already on, darn I would love to see it live instead of showing us just the Americans and the top 5.

I watched curling again. I'm not understanding it any better today, we lost again so I think we're done.

I'm watching hockey, another sport I don't get but I'm loving all the fighting Peach the barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Shaun White is just amazing. He was born to do these sports and is just beautiful to watch. He seems like a really great guy and is a cutie, too! Love that smile and wild ass hair of his.....
    My friend was asking me what it is about him physically that makes him way better than anyone else. I said, he probably just has bigger balls than most to do the things he does...It's just ridiculous, the height he gets and those tricks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information