Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER THREAD** 2010 Vancouver Olympics

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I hate Plushy with a passion. Grrrrrr. And once again, our medal hope crashes and burns....
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Again, I know nothing about any of them but they really went on and on about him being so controversial. What? That he wears pink feathers? Or is there something more to it?
    My personal theory: I think mens' figure skating has spent many years trying to get away from the image that all men who figure skate must be flamboyantly homosexual, and Johnny Weir openly flaunts his flamboyance (though he refuses to answer whether or not he's gay, we can take a leap here and assume, I think). He says things like he wants to wear glitter and be pretty, and it makes some people uncomfortable. Evan Lysacek is often pitted against Weir in the press as the masculine, hetero skater who (allegedly) dates a gorgeous ice dancer in Tanith Belbin. I think U.S. figure skating wants to push more towards Evan's imgage more than Johnny's image. It's unfair to Johnny and Evan, because they're both fantastic skaters worthy of attention in their own right.

I'm glad Lysacek did so well last night - he really turned it out. I really, really wish Weir had been scored fairly, though. I think he was horribly underscored.

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    I hate Plushy with a passion. Grrrrrr. And once again, our medal hope crashes and burns....
    Bide your time! Scott Hamilton is totally awed by the Canadian skater, but he is young now. Scott thinks he will be The powerhouse in the future. Lots more gold left out there! Canada is doing really good.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    My personal theory: I think mens' figure skating has spent many years trying to get away from the image that all men who figure skate must be flamboyantly homosexual, and Johnny Weir openly flaunts his flamboyance (though he refuses to answer whether or not he's gay, we can take a leap here and assume, I think). He says things like he wants to wear glitter and be pretty, and it makes some people uncomfortable. Evan Lysacek is often pitted against Weir in the press as the masculine, hetero skater who (allegedly) dates a gorgeous ice dancer in Tanith Belbin. I think U.S. figure skating wants to push more towards Evan's imgage more than Johnny's image. It's unfair to Johnny and Evan, because they're both fantastic skaters worthy of attention in their own right.

I'm glad Lysacek did so well last night - he really turned it out. I really, really wish Weir had been scored fairly, though. I think he was horribly underscored.
    Thanks for that. I honestly thought Lysacek was gay when he did that head bob thing at the end and left those feathery gloves on for an interview an hour later.

I figured the glove thing was part of his agreement with Vera Wang since she designed his costume. They gave that piece of information a ton of lip service, so I assumed that she said he had to keep the entire outfit together while he was wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Thanks for that. I honestly thought Lysacek was gay when he did that head bob thing at the end and left those feathery gloves on for an interview an hour later.
    The more I read about Lysacek, the more I wonder if he's not gay and just claims straight. I've never seen him in person, but most that have and share their experiences - including scooter on here - say that he pings the gaydar pretty hard.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    He says things like he wants to wear glitter and be pretty, and it makes some people uncomfortable.
    my daughter called me and asked me who the guy wearing the black corset and pink ribbons was.. I didn't even have to look.

I'm with you I'm thinking Taniths relationship with Evan couldn't have been real... and dag he's skinny, his head is huge compared to the rest of his body.

In Scott Hamiltons book he says they are told to wear make up because the lights drown them out but he refused

Sandra is getting on my last nerve, I think she needs a slap down.

Evan was fabulous. Go USA! I hope that the schnozz fucks up and lands on his face during the long program. He's just an egotustical, mullet sporting asshat.

Did anyone watch the today show a few days ago when they were asking the American athletes who there Olympic crush was? Some athletes were naming others and when they asked Johnny Weir he said he had a crush on the Olympic mascot. Hmm, I wonder what his real answer would have been?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Hit By Ban Bus!

[quote=angelais;2045784]Evan was fabulous. Go USA! I hope that the schnozz fucks up and lands on his face during the long program. He's just an egotustical, mullet sporting asshat.
    quote]

I think he should lose points for having an unfair advantage - he uses his nose for ballast.. I would love to see him land on his arse just once... OK now I probably have bad karma and my cold will stick with me for another week.. cough cough hack hack darn Russian, Peach shaking her fist in the air!!

Ol Plushy may have shot himself in the foot with his last interview....time will tell!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Bide your time! Scott Hamilton is totally awed by the Canadian skater, but he is young now. Scott thinks he will be The powerhouse in the future. Lots more gold left out there! Canada is doing really good.

No! I'm impatient! I want it all now!

Well if Chan has no hope i will be cheering for Evan all the way. I would like nothing better than for the Nose to crash and burn, karma be damned. Ugh.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Ladies' downhill in progress. Let's see how Lindsay Vonn does. First lady from the Czech republic wiped out but finished the race.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Hit By Ban Bus!

where are the Brits? I don't see them in the Medal count.

Congrats to Vonn and Mancuso for gold and silver in the downhill!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hockey update (sorry, but it's one of the few things I watch religiously during the Olympics )
    Canada woman's team beat Sweden 13-1.

In the woman's 500m short track speed skating,China picked up gold, Canada got silver, and Italy got bronze.

*tried* to watch some of NBC's coverage, but damn. Has NBC fucked up Olympic coverage like this before?

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information