Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER THREAD** 2010 Vancouver Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I'm personally rooting for Evan Lysacek, he's our hometown boy plus he doesn't get nearly as much press as Weir, but has been skating well this year.
    Evan is a real threat, imo. He's been skating great since 2007 and he's poised to do well. He doesn't have an arsenal of quads like Plushenko, but he's got one that he lands fairly consistently. If he skates like he's capable of skating, he could easily make the podium.

Jeremy Abott, the reigning U.S. champ, is also someone to watch, I think. He doesn't get anywhere near the media that Weir and Lysacek get, but he's a great skater.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Are they all falling because the tricks are harder?? I've never seen so many falls in ice skating before.
    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I know. After the skate race ice Issue, I really was thinking it was the ice.
    I'm starting to wonder if it's not just nerves and there really might be an issue with the ice. Not sure. Hopefully it'll get itself worked out before Dance, Mens', and Ladies'.

Ha! They were trying to save money using an off brand ice macjine. Now they are importing a Zamboni.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Ha! They were trying to save money using an off brand ice macjine. Now they are importing a Zamboni.
    Really?!?! I wonder if some of the pairs teams will start squawking about a problem with the ice being the reason they fell? Another skating controversy in the making . . .

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I think it had to do with Zamboni not having purchased the rights to be the "official supplier" to the Olympics? I guess that doesn't matter now!
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    I think it had to do with Zamboni not having purchased the rights to be the "official supplier" to the Olympics? I guess that doesn't matter now!
    Nope-they have ordered it in. Their Home Office must be high-fiving all over the place.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Are they all falling because the tricks are harder?? I've never seen so many falls in ice skating before.
    not everyone is falling though.. thats because some of them skate slow. On TV it all looks the same but when your there sometimes it looks like they are moving so slowly. That is one thing the Russians have always had over the other teams - they skate fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    That's the one I'm waiting for. I want Johnny Weir to at least medal, even though his chances aren't that great. I haven't really gotten to see the international field much this year, so I'm interested to see what's what.

The ladies' will probably be a splatfest, as usual.
    What the heck happened to our ladies team? We used to be in the top three now the Chinese are killing us.
    Isn't Evan dating Tanith? I have never like Evgeni and I'll cheer for anyone against him. I think our guys have a chance. The gold is ours to lose in ice dancing.

I'm trying to understand ice hockey. I watched our guys play today, yet all the announcers talked about was Canada. Now I'm watching the ladies play. Oh mercy look we are beating the pooh out of Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    What the heck happened to our ladies team? We used to be in the top three now the Chinese are killing us.
    Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen were both media darlings and since they both retired (well, I guess Sasha didn't actually retire - she just didn't skate competatively after the last Olympics until Nationals this year), there's no face of U.S. ladies' skating. They both had beautiful faces and gorgeous positions, but neither managed Olympic gold. Watching Rachael Flatt, I have to say she's a good technical skater - there's substance, but no style or grace. She's kinda cute, but she doesn't have that star power.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Isn't Evan dating Tanith? I have never like Evgeni and I'll cheer for anyone against him. I think our guys have a chance. The gold is ours to lose in ice dancing.
    I don't know about Evan and Tanith. The last I heard about them dating was in 2007, but I have no idea if they're still together or not. I somehow doubt it, because I think the Olympic media would be all over it if they were. Or they might start trotting it out when ice dance and the mens' comps start up.

I really think Meryl Davis and Charlie White are the U.S.'s best chance for ice dance gold. Belbin/Agosto are great, but I think Davis/White are a bit better right now.

I found a link to watch the Olympics live.
    ILEMI.COM live sports free
    I am watching men's figure skating (short program) right now.

NBC's coverage blows.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen were both media darlings and since they both retired (well, I guess Sasha didn't actually retire - she just didn't skate competatively after the last Olympics until Nationals this year), there's no face of U.S. ladies' skating. They both had beautiful faces and gorgeous positions, but neither managed Olympic gold. Watching Rachael Flatt, I have to say she's a good technical skater - there's substance, but no style or grace. She's kinda cute, but she doesn't have that star power.

I don't know about Evan and Tanith. The last I heard about them dating was in 2007, but I have no idea if they're still together or not. I somehow doubt it, because I think the Olympic media would be all over it if they were. Or they might start trotting it out when ice dance and the mens' comps start up.

I really think Meryl Davis and Charlie White are the U.S.'s best chance for ice dance gold. Belbin/Agosto are great, but I think Davis/White are a bit better right now.
    UMMMM...having met Evan Lycecek...I seriously doubt be's dating anyone without a Y chromosome. Nice guy but very effeminate. Not as camp as Weir but still. And Sasha on a bad day has way more substance and charisma then the two the put forward do in a lifetime...Just my opinion...

OMG, I wish Plushenko would get rid of that stupid mullet.

He looks like Rod Stewart, circa 1975.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

aw poor Canadian just crashed and burned.

In case anyone wants to know the music choices, this page has them all

Men - Short Program : Schedule and Results : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

I remember his rivalry with Yagudin, who I liked much better than Plushenko.

Hit By Ban Bus!

nothing worse than a snotty egotist who has the talent to back up the smack he throws....... crap

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information