Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER THREAD** 2010 Vancouver Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    A bronze for Bode Miller in the Downhill Alpine Skiing. I wish he could've gotten it together and won a gold.
    That was such a close race too. 9/100 of a second difference between 1st and 3rd is crazy.

Seth Wescott won gold for U.S. in Snowboard Cross!

I loved the Alexandre Bilodeau story! The went nuts for him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

That was exciting! 18 years! Worth it for the gold.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Did you see Tamara chew out the Russian lady? The girl leaves her home country of Japan moves to Russia and has a bad olympics and Tamara blows up at her...... just because for the first time in a gazillion years they didn't medal in pair.. oh darn somebody hand me a hanky.

There must be tremendous pressure on that girl. I can't imagine leaving my country just to train with the best and then go home empty handed. All of the skaters have made huge sacrifices but leaving Japan and becoming a Russian citizen has to be up there with one of the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    There must be tremendous pressure on that girl. I can't imagine leaving my country just to train with the best and then go home empty handed. All of the skaters have made huge sacrifices but leaving Japan and becoming a Russian citizen has to be up there with one of the biggest.
    But she is so very young. Many years ahead. Her parents were braver than she was!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Can someone tell me when the skaters started bending their knees and grabbing their skates on every move? It's not graceful and is really annoying. Point those toes girls or straighten those damn legs.
    Dick Button was really hammering them on this last night. They get more points under the Code of Points for grabbing their skate and making the move more difficult, but it looks bad. Presentation is sacrificed for difficulty under the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Did you see Tamara chew out the Russian lady? The girl leaves her home country of Japan moves to Russia and has a bad olympics and Tamara blows up at her...... just because for the first time in a gazillion years they didn't medal in pair.. oh darn somebody hand me a hanky.
    That girl is apparently regarded as a traitor in Japan and shunned. I can't imagine the pressure of leaving your home country to follow your dream and being called a traitor for it. The Russians mean serious business about figure skating, so I figured they'd be on her like a nightmare if she didn't live up to their stringent standards.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    But she is so very young. Many years ahead. Her parents were braver than she was!
    I hope she comes back and kicks but but it's going to be a long 4 years. Chris Collingsworth made an excellent point last night. He said athletes are always wanting to prove themselves after a mistake. In most sports, that can be done right away. For Olympic athletes, they have to wait four years (if they're lucky enough to come back).

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Seth Wescott won gold for U.S. in Snowboard Cross!
    Oh, I missed that! I'm glad to hear he won. He doesn't get as much media attention as some, but he's really talented (and pretty dang hot! ).

Hit By Ban Bus!

That girl is apparently regarded as a traitor in Japan and shunned. I can't imagine the pressure of leaving your home country to follow your dream and being called a traitor for it. The Russians mean serious business about figure skating, so I figured they'd be on her like a nightmare if she didn't live up to their stringent standards.
    The long rein of olympic medals in pairs figure skating is over on Tamara's watch and I bet she is mad as hell. All you ever hear about is her victories she will not suffer a loss nicely.

AND in 4 years I hope our pairs team will win.. my Chinese couple won and I'm glad but our team looked pretty darn good too (16 year old chick with blond hair) and it's time for us to get back in the mix.

I don't normally get into mens figure skating but I'm excited this year, I so want our guys to beat the nose. I can not stand that egotistical butt ugly snot quad hopping grasshopper Evgeni Plushenko. I can't get used to Russia being called THE Russian Federation.. I keep waiting for Star Wars music to come on..

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I don't normally get into mens figure skating but I'm excited this year, I so want our guys to beat the nose. I can not stand that egotistical butt ugly snot quad hopping grasshopper Evgeni Plushenko. I can't get used to Russia being called THE Russian Federation.. I keep waiting for Star Wars music to come on..
    That's the one I'm waiting for. I want Johnny Weir to at least medal, even though his chances aren't that great. I haven't really gotten to see the international field much this year, so I'm interested to see what's what.

The ladies' will probably be a splatfest, as usual.

I'm personally rooting for Evan Lysacek, he's our hometown boy plus he doesn't get nearly as much press as Weir, but has been skating well this year.

Last night was the first time I cried for an Olympic win. I was so happy for the Chinese couple who won the pairs figure skating.

Are they all falling because the tricks are harder?? I've never seen so many falls in ice skating before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Are they all falling because the tricks are harder?? I've never seen so many falls in ice skating before.
    I know. After the skate race ice Issue, I really was thinking it was the ice.

Dick Button was really hammering them on this last night. They get more points under the Code of Points for grabbing their skate and making the move more difficult, but it looks bad. Presentation is sacrificed for difficulty under the new system.
    I guess I don't really see how it adds difficulty since they do it on every move.

Give me Michelle Kwan's arabesque with her open arms and smile any day over the skate grab.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information