Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: **SPOILER THREAD** 2010 Vancouver Olympics

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Grimm, those pictures are awesome. Here's mine .

That was an amazing game. The USA played great. I felt sorry for the Americans too! They looked so devastated.

I walked home form the arena and so far, so good. Everyone seemed to be behaving (but of course it is mental out there).

OK-- i stand corrected, there was a bit of mayhem downtown this afternoon, but the police handled it. 100,000 down here on Robson Street.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

What a great picture,T13! You really had a front row seat to everything that money couldn't buy. What a fantastic lifelong memory! That was the greatest game-the greatest Olympic,too.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Go Canada. My &$(#in' DVR didn't record the game. Grrr. Congrats to the Canadians though. Sounds like it was a well fought game.

T13, thanks for sharing all of your experiences with us. What a cool photo!

t13nif - Awesome photo. Lookin' good, girl.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    That was an amazing game. The USA played great. I felt sorry for the Americans too! They looked so devastated.
    I wanted to hug our goalie You ould tell he wantd to burst out crying in sad tears.

You're lucky to have been able to experience it!

Didn't watch much of the Olympics but am very sad to have missed the figure skating... especially John Weir.

Thanks for letting me gush on and on about it . I am truly, truly lucky to have been part of something like that. I wish i had children so that i could tell my grandkids about it someday.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I wanted to hug our goalie You ould tell he wantd to burst out crying in sad tears.

You're lucky to have been able to experience it!

Didn't watch much of the Olympics but am very sad to have missed the figure skating... especially John Weir.
    He was a trooper, he went to the closing ceremonies and smiled the whole time.

t13nif - thanks for all your inside info! Great stuff. Great pic
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Elite Member

Thanks for letting me gush on and on about it . I am truly, truly lucky to have been part of something like that. I wish i had children so that i could tell my grandkids about it someday.
    What an experience, t13nif. Thanks for sharing with us.

Are you kidding?? I lived it through you and no detail was too small! Thank you for sharing it with us-it was a wonderful thing. I love Canada.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Ho-ly shit. Just spent the last 2 days in Vancouver and have slept maybe 4 hours at the most. I'm still wired.

A few months ago my cousin ended up getting a gold medal game ticket from his friend and he asked me if I wanted to come into Vancouver and stay at his place for a few days. I was planning to stay away from Vancouver during the olympics, but after the win against Slovakia and knowing we were headed to the gold medal game, I took him up on the offer. While he was at the game I was on Robson partying my ass off. As much as I would've loved to be in GM Place, nothing can compare to the atmosphere on Robson. Fucking awesome.

My only complaint is that I dropped my camera somewhere I ended up buying the cheapest little point and shoot I could find because there was no way I was taking my SLR. Guess I'm glad I did. I don't know when exactly I dropped it, but I have a feeling it happened when I threw my arms up after Crosby's goal. So if anybody on Robson got hit with a flying camera, my bad

t13nif did you try to dig up the lucky loonie while at GM place

Go Canada!!!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Are you kidding?? I lived it through you and no detail was too small! Thank you for sharing it with us-it was a wonderful thing. I love Canada.
    Awww. That warms my heart . When i get a bit more organized i will post some videos i took on my iPhone at the games, obviously not great quality, but it gives a sense of how loud and crazy it was in there.

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    t13nif did you try to dig up the lucky loonie while at GM place

Go Canada!!!
    OMG, i totally forgot about that! They were tearing down the ice too, that's why they were kicking us off...i should ask if there was one.

. I wish i had children so that i could tell my grandkids about it someday.
    This is cute

OMG, i totally forgot about that! They were tearing down the ice too, that's why they were kicking us off...i should ask if there was one.
    Head to the Richmond oval (too bad it's in the concrete and not just under the ice):
    Is the hidden secret of Canada's four-medal haul in speedskating the lucky loonies buried in Richmond Oval?
    About 200 lucky loonies -- and twice-as-lucky toonies -- are embedded in the concrete at the skating venue. They were thrown in as the concrete was being poured during construction several years ago
    Lucky loonies embedded in Richmond Oval

Hopefully CTV will air some of the Paralympics on one of it's channels. I mean, if there's going to be another sledge hockey fight, I don't want to miss it:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNSqcyWc2zM[/YOUTUBE]

I also have to give the volunteers credit. I didn't mind being in a crowd with that many people, but to do that more than a few times would drive me insane.

Hopefully CTV will air some of the Paralympics on one of it's channels. I mean, if there's going to be another sledge hockey fight, I don't want to miss it:
    [youtube]HNSqcyWc2zM[/youtube]
    Jeez Louise, that was crazy. Those guys would not let up.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Head to the Richmond oval (too bad it's in the concrete and not just under the ice):

Lucky loonies embedded in Richmond Oval

[youtube]HNSqcyWc2zM[/youtube]

I also have to give the volunteers credit. I didn't mind being in a crowd with that many people, but to do that more than a few times would drive me insane.
    Yeah i hope CTV will air some of the events. I'm going to try to go to some too. It's just so fun to cheer for Canada.

That hockey fight made me laugh. No idea why and probably totally un-pc. I love how the able bodied refs STILL couldn't control it.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread Information