Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER THREAD** 2010 Vancouver Olympics

Perfect ending!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I thought Rachel Flatt or whatever her name was, was scored low.
    i think she was scored pretty right on. Her jumps were great, but she has shitty footwork, and her spins were really bad.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Was it me, or did Asada mess up one of her jumps? It looked like she was going to do one but didn't and tried to recover with a 'tamer' jump. I couldn't understand what the commentators were saying but that moment seemed to ruin her composure somewhat.

Actually, besides Kim, I thought Nagasu's performance was the second best of the night. Nailed jump after jump, pure joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i think she was scored pretty right on. Her jumps were great, but she has shitty footwork, and her spins were really bad.
    I agree about Rachael Flatt. She has solid jumps, but zero grace or artistry. It just doesn't come naturally for her.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Was it me, or did Asada mess up one of her jumps? It looked like she was going to do one but didn't and tried to recover with a 'tamer' jump. I couldn't understand what the commentators were saying but that moment seemed to ruin her composure somewhat.
    Asada popped her triple toe loop. Her toe pick caught the ice going into it and it threw her off and slowed her down and she ended up popping the jump. It was a major mistake and cost her a lot of points, and on top of that they downgraded her triple flip. Her two triple axels were GORGEOUS, but she left a lot of points on the table. You could see her disappointment when she saw her score and while she was on the podium.

On the whole, none of those skaters have anything to be ashamed of-they did their very best. That crowd was wonderful. Truly a magic night.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    On the whole, none of those skaters have anything to be ashamed of-they did their very best. That crowd was wonderful. Truly a magic night.
    I agree, McJag. It's the first Olympics I can remember in a long time where all the top ladies skated their best and nerves didn't get to anyone. I anticipated a splatfest, but it was really a great competition.

Mirai Nagasu in particular was a treat. She skated last after all those great performances and did a fantastic job. She looked like she was having so much fun and she did the US proud.

I was really proud of Nagasu. She looked like she was just there to have fun, get some Olympic experience and I think she just let it rip.

As well as Asada did, she looked like she had a poopy stick up her ass. Smile honey - you just won the silver medal.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    yep after seeing the rest of the girls compete I agree. I'm just not used to seeing girls do that well in an olympic competition.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    The Canadian crowd has been great at every event. Maybe it's because NBC just shows the U.S., Canadians and the winners but every time I turn around the Canadians are winning something, seems like they should have more medals in the count, they are still in 4th) last I looked

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I agree, McJag. It's the first Olympics I can remember in a long time where all the top ladies skated their best and nerves didn't get to anyone. I anticipated a splatfest, but it was really a great competition.

Mirai Nagasu in particular was a treat. She skated last after all those great performances and did a fantastic job. She looked like she was having so much fun and she did the US proud.
    I agree. As a matter of fact its' the first time I didn't think mens figure skating was embarrassing to watch, they are usually all over the place - it's like the best of the worse wins. Skating has been great all around. Our girl came in 4th, she's a up and comer if she stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post

As well as Asada did, she looked like she had a poopy stick up her ass. Smile honey - you just won the silver medal.
    But a silver medal in Japan in her country is looked down on. Remember Midori Ito - she lost to Krisi Yamaguchi in 92, won the silver, came back to her country and promptly had a nervous breakdown then became anexoric.

Bummer skating is over, bummer the Olympics is almost over - then again now I can get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I agree about Rachael Flatt. She has solid jumps, but zero grace or artistry. It just doesn't come naturally for her.

Asada popped her triple toe loop. Her toe pick caught the ice going into it and it threw her off and slowed her down and she ended up popping the jump. It was a major mistake and cost her a lot of points, and on top of that they downgraded her triple flip. Her two triple axels were GORGEOUS, but she left a lot of points on the table. You could see her disappointment when she saw her score and while she was on the podium.
    Maybe the pressure was too much for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I was really proud of Nagasu. She looked like she was just there to have fun, get some Olympic experience and I think she just let it rip.

There was an article recently which discussed that bronze medalists were sometimes happier than the silver medalists, and I totally agree especially in this situation. I thought Asada skated magnificently until she had that bloop. That to me, as a non expert, was a glaring mistake that ruined her flow and performance. I think Asada was just hard on herself and supremely disappointed. If Kim had made some huge error and ended up with a silver, I think she would have been just as bummed. People talk about Kim's pressure with her countrymen, but it's the same with Asada, great expectations but sometimes being runner up just isn't the same.

The more I think about it, I hate to be a pooper but I thought Nagasu deserved a medal. IMO she had the best performance of the night after Kim.

All week they've been talking about the pressures Asada and Kim face. I'm sure it's tremendous and can see why silver is seen as a failure. On top of that, no elite athlete is happy with second best. Ask the guys who lost the Super Bowl or the World Series. Were they happy to be second? I'm actually suprised there aren't more pouters on the stand. And Plusenko won platinum so it's no fair mentioning him.

It was so cute, when the south korean girl won the gold for the figure skating they snapped a shot of the Canadian coaches (she won bronze) and they were totally cheering and clapping for her.

It's nice to see that no matter who wins, you can still cheer for them and be a good sport.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Congrats to Canada for the women's hockey game. Great job.

The women's skating was great. They all did well, the top three spots were what I was expecting.
    SSSOOO glad Joannie got a medal!!!!
    * I hate to admit this, but damn! this was the women's free skating..I expected at least ONE faceplant or buttsplat. Not one good fall. I feel cheated!!!

So I guess the US is up to 32 medals.. isn't 34 the most the US has ever gotten at the Winter games? Do you think we will beat the record?

US, Canada, Germany, all have 8 golds..who will get the most gold?

I would be fine if we can get three or four more medals, and Canada being host country and all, and doing such a fine job, could win out on the most gold medals. Would be a good thing for "Team North America"
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Maybe Finland should just pull the goaltender and try 6-on-5.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Go Usa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Thread Information