Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER THREAD** 2010 Vancouver Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I'm cheering for Xue and Hongbo from China. After 4 olympics give the man his gold and let him retire.
    He's 36 and she's 31, so if they can't get it done this time, I think it's time to hang it up.

I'm not really invested in any pair in particular winning at this point. I'm kind of like you in that I cheer for the U.S. until it's clear they can't win, and then I just enjoy watching. Shen and Zhao are the sentimental favorites for me at this point.

The pairs long program starts tonight at 7:00 pm CST (8:00 pm EST)!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    Plus that chick with Scott Hamilton was crabby and irritating.
    That's Sandra Bezic, and she's gotten to where she annoys the shit out of me most of the time. She has a way about her that's kind of superior and snooty.

^^Yes. You just want her to say, "I could do that whole routine better than they can" and get it over with.

I adore watching figure skating (bitter jellus fattie about it), but the scoring is anything BUT objective. A relatively unknown couple (or individual) could come in from nowhere and skate beautifully and receive marginal scores; the favorite(s) can make bobbles, two-foot their landings and outright fall on their respective asses and still come out smelling like a rose. It's not like skiing - hey, fastest down wins period.

Google "figure skating scoring scandals" and see how many hits you get. There are articles with concerns regarding fairness for the 2010 Olympics.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

[quote=Laurent;2043606]He's 36 and she's 31, so if they can't get it done this time, I think it's time to hang it up.

I'm not really invested in any pair in particular winning at this point. I'm kind of like you in that I cheer for the U.S. until it's clear they can't win, and then I just enjoy watching. Shen and Zhao are the sentimental favorites for me at this point.

quote]

going first was a disadvantage, no cheering from the crowd at all.. bummer.

I love Ti-vo because I can watch it again, I hide behind my fingers when it's a team I like (when I don't I'm sort of cheering for them to fall - but not get hurt of course) I also do that in short track, it's so freaking intense.

womens hockey --
    VANCOUVER (AP) -- Three decades after Mark Johnson scored two goals in the Miracle on Ice, the U.S. women's coach just wanted a comfortable win to celebrate his return to Olympic hockey.
    Johnson didn't want an embarrassment for their Chinese opponents -- and that's why the Americans posted a blowout that stopped short of a wholesale beatdown.

A bronze for Bode Miller in the Downhill Alpine Skiing. I wish he could've gotten it together and won a gold.

Ready to get on with the figure skating.

Woman's hockey, Canada beat Switzerland 10-1.
    The Swiss put in their back-up goalie when they were 10 goals down, and only 9 or so minutes left.
    IMO, the back-up was pretty good, and should've been put in sooner.

They're showing Alexandre Bilodeau being awarded Canada's first gold medal on home soil right now and the place is going batshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    They're showing Alexandre Bilodeau being awarded Canada's first gold medal on home soil right now and the place is going batshit!
    Isn't that great! You just know his brother is beaming!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

*sniff*

This is just awesome!
    Rock the fuck on!

The Zhangs that just skated were the couple that had the bad fall 4 years ago where she basically hit the ice flat on her girl parts and tore ligaments in her knee. She got back up after that and they managed to snag the silver medal.

So many are falling-could something be wrong with the ice?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^ Maybe, but I think it's the pressure getting to most of them. Plus the long program is a lot longer with more jumps in it - their legs start cooking and tire out.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I'm getting sick of the Canadians once again underperforming . In all sports, not just skating. Maybe i'm being too harsh.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I teared and I just LOVED how all that Canadians sang as loud as the could. Very very cool.

Can someone tell me when the skaters started bending their knees and grabbing their skates on every move? It's not graceful and is really annoying. Point those toes girls or straighten those damn legs.

ETA: Oh hell's bell's the damn russian boy (cutey that he is) just grabbed his bent leg skate. UGH.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Ick, i can't believe they said that that female skater "put her arm back in" during her program. Apparently she has problems with her shoulder dislocating??
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information