Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER THREAD** 2010 Vancouver Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    Joannie Rochette was beautiful and so far is in 3rd place. At the end of the program she broke down and cried. Both NBC and CTV commontators (sp) were choked up after watching her skate.
    I completely lost it after her dad was shown cheering for her in the stands with his wedding ring visible.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

NBC sucks such ass. They show one skater, then back to skiing. i SO hate NBC
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I completely lost it after her dad was shown cheering for her in the stands with his wedding ring visible.
    Whoops. NBC just apologised for identifying that man as her father. He was sitting in the seat her Dad was suppposed to be in, but was just a family friend. Not her Dad.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    NBC sucks such ass. They show one skater, then back to skiing. i SO hate NBC
    It's 10:30 here on the west coast, and they STILL haven't shown the prime contenders. WTF is this bulls**t. If they want to pull this stunt for ratings, fine, but at least show it around 9 PM, not this 11 PM to midnight crap.

F**k NBC.

Ugh, I finally had to go to bed after I watched Rochette, so I didn't even get to see most of the final flight. I wish NBC could figure this shit out. I know they want to skip over some of the lesser known skaters, but damn.

I got teary over Rochette - I can't even imagine what she's going through.

And personally, I think Mao outskated Yu-Na Kim. The program was just more interesting, and Mao's triple axel was a beauty - though I don't know why she didn't tack a triple onto it instead of a double.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Whoops. NBC just apologised for identifying that man as her father. He was sitting in the seat her Dad was suppposed to be in, but was just a family friend. Not her Dad.
    -1 for NBC.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Ugh, I finally had to go to bed after I watched Rochette, so I didn't even get to see most of the final flight. I wish NBC could figure this shit out. I know they want to skip over some of the lesser known skaters, but damn.

I got teary over Rochette - I can't even imagine what she's going through.

And personally, I think Mao outskated Yu-Na Kim. The program was just more interesting, and Mao's triple axel was a beauty - though I don't know why she didn't tack a triple onto it instead of a double.
    it was all i could do to stay up. fucking NBC.

Scott Hamilton explained why Kim was in the lead. She had a triple triple while Asada had a triple double, basically giving Kim more rotation, and points. Also, he said the reason she didnt do Triple Triple (on the axel) was she was going to slow to pull off the 2nd triple.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

This scoring method seems to be more fair. Kim did get the top score fair and square. She is a beauty,too. Just glows.
    I loved the way the audience supported Joannie. She did a wonderful program. Scott Hamiltoin almost cracked totally. I was in tears at home, so I would think most of the crowd was,too. Such a horrible thing. Not even the slighest warning for her. Just wham. You life can turn on a dime. I kept thinking of Diva and how blindsided she was. She is doing very well. I hope Joannie will also.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Kim did get the top score fair and square. She is a beauty,too. Just glows.
    She really does have a lovely face. I watched the little lead-in video they did about Yu-Na before she skated, and apparently she's the Angelina Jolie of Korea. She's like a rock star over there and they go batshit for her. I guess she pitches everything from yogurt to refrigerators and makes like 9 million a year doing it. Not a bad deal, regardless of whether or not she pulls out the gold. Though if the poor girl falters, I wonder if they'll be ready with torches and pitchforks.

She really does have a lovely face. I watched the little lead-in video they did about Yu-Na before she skated, and apparently she's the Angelina Jolie of Korea. She's like a rock star over there and they go batshit for her. I guess she pitches everything from yogurt to refrigerators and makes like 9 million a year doing it. Not a bad deal, regardless of whether or not she pulls out the gold. Though if the poor girl falters, I wonder if they'll be ready with torches and pitchforks.
    But it seemed like she was complaining that she couldn't walk around in Korea or train there because she was so mobbed. Well, maybe spend less time advertising your wares - if not, shut up.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    But it seemed like she was complaining that she couldn't walk around in Korea or train there because she was so mobbed. Well, maybe spend less time advertising your wares - if not, shut up.
    didnt seem like she was complaining at all. She did say it gets frightening when the cameras are all up in her face. Thats why she trains in Canada.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

With that kind of money, she can move anywhere she wants. Thing is, she just wanted to be an ice skater. She never signed on to rock star-ness!

Well SOMEBODY signed her up to advertise what she advertises. I'm assuming it's her. When you sign on to put your face and name on a pantload of products, and you're already the country's "darling", you have to expect lots of attention. So yes, she's getting what she signed on for.

- Mark Twain

I loved when they said she makes 9 million dollars a year but she does give some back. She just donated $100K to Haiti. I'm sure they didn't mean it that way but it sounded like a backhanded compliment.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I loved when they said she makes 9 million dollars a year but she does give some back. She just donated $100K to Haiti. I'm sure they didn't mean it that way but it sounded like a backhanded compliment.
    I thought the same thing

I didn't know that.. geez

I think it was the best ladies short program I've ever seen. Everyone was beautiful.

I think it sucks that they use figure skating to make you stay up until the freaking middle of the night. Now watch they will do the same thing with short track knowing everyone wants to see Apollo. Grrr

Thread Information