Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree356Likes

Thread: Serena Williams spoils Naomi Osaka's moment

Nah, it's Sharapova. These old fuckers only know who the hot blonde chicks are in tennis. Or depending on his age and when he last actually watched women's tennis, it might even be Anna Kournikova.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

The cartoon should have no effect on what already happened on the court. She's a spoiled brat that is use to things always going her way and when they don't her personality shines through.

Her arrogance is always there. Yes, most top athletes have an ego. Which in some ways helps them get and stay on top. But most know how to put it in check. She never has. She's no different than when she was a teenager, when she demanded to face the 200th ranked male player, and her and Venus were brought back down to earth by him.

Great player. GOAT women's player. But she's just an asshole.
    arie_skop likes this.

^And the guy who drew the cartoon is also an asshole. And a racist.
    czb, MsDark, Mivvi21 and 9 others like this.

However you feel about Serena and her behavior, that cartoon was racist as shit.

He made her look like a hybrid of a gorilla and little black sambo with the big ass lips and mammy-type (aka "aunt jemima" before the syrup company modernized their logo, which even they had sense enough to do in the 60's and then again 20 years ago).

Yeah these racist-ass fucks sure have gotten bold lately!

And fuck the people who defend them and/or try to pretend that shit is a figment of overly-sensitive people's imaginations. If that includes anyone here, so be it. Don't be a goddamned fool.

Give that little Japanese-African girl another 15 years working out and she might be about as muscular. She damn sure looks nothing like that cartoon.
    stella blue, czb, sputnik and 13 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^And the guy who drew the cartoon is also an asshole. And a racist.
    I don't recall saying that. It just seems to be taking attention away from what she did, to make her look like even more of a victim.

The media made up their mind before the match was over with that she was done wrong and if you have a problem with that, you're a sexist/racist.
    effie2 likes this.

Uh. If you draw a cartoon depicting a black woman looking like a gorilla/sambo/mammy...juxtaposed by the depiction of a dainty little european-looking white chick (not to mention the annoying fact that this is an inaccurate depiction in several ways of her opponent in this particular instance)....then you're a racist. An unapologetic one too.

When you refuse to acknowledge blatant racism, you might as well be a racist.

I thought her behavior was out of line too, but come on with this bullshit! If people find her annoying enough that they want her held accountable for her behavior, sharing blatantly racist cartoon images certainly won't help this cause.

Though maybe they should ask themselves why they're so bothered now when they didn't give two shits about the white men who have consistently behaved far worse in this sport?

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Uh. If you draw a cartoon depicting a black woman looking like a gorilla/sambo/mammy...juxtaposed by the depiction of a dainty little european-looking white chick (not to mention the annoying fact that this is an inaccurate depiction in several ways of her opponent in this particular instance)....then you're a racist. An unapologetic one too.

When you refuse to acknowledge blatant racism, you might as well be a racist.

I thought her behavior was out of line too, but come on with this bullshit! If people find her annoying enough that they want her held accountable for her behavior, sharing blatantly racist cartoon images certainly won't help this cause.

Though maybe they should ask themselves why they're so bothered now when they didn't give two shits about the white men who have consistently behaved far worse in this sport?
    How many times did John McEnroe claim an umpire penalized him because he was a man?

Seriously?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

LOL. Yeah joe bob.

Should I give a couple of the non-American posters the benefit of the doubt for not getting the racial history in the U.S. or the implications of calling an African-American a gorilla??
    Real question.

Lots of very casual racism, misogyny, and even homophobia in this thread and I generally don't throw those words around. SMDH
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    LOL. Yeah joe bob.

Should I give a couple of the non-American posters the benefit of the doubt for not getting the racial history in the U.S. or the implications of calling an African-American a gorilla??
    Real question.

Lots of very casual racism, misogyny, and even homophobia in this thread and I generally don't throw those words around. SMDH
    None of that was said on the court.

The cartoon was racist. It was a bad look. Ok? I think that goes without saying.

It also goes without saying that because she's a black woman and people are racist and misogynist that people (even in this thread on this board, where I like to think we're a tad more progressive than the average knuckle-dragger set) are way more bothered by her reaction than they are/were by the way worse reactions of McEnroe. Hell, people even admired and mimicked (in their own stupid, non-professional, casual games) his behavior.

Dare I say, people even like John McEnroe. With way fewer reasons to find him like-able than there are to find Serena dis-likeable.

He certainly showed his ass on the court in his time way worse than Serena ever thought about doing. And he's not the only one. Hell, it didn't even put a dent in the McEnroe's or any of the other white male players marketability, much less their pocketbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    None of that was said on the court.

The cartoon was racist. It was a bad look. Ok? I think that goes without saying.
    This is a gossip board where we comment on things that celebrities do and say. You don’t get to decide what we should talk about and what “goes without saying “ (ie we all need to shut up about it because you don’t want to hear it).
    gas_chick and twitchy2.0 like this.

i think i am being accused of racism ,sexism and maybe some more i dont quite get.I see old posters pointing at my direction but i happen to think,not all black people are beautiful,just like white or red or yellow people.I dont think black people are all good,just like any other people.I hate people playing the race card,the sex card ,the mummy card ,any damn card.I will not excuse anybody,s bad attitude because of color,race,sexual orientation.You want to kill discrimination?kill the urge to demand to be treated differently.If someone thinks she looks like a gorilla it is not because of her color,maybe she actually does..Many is the time on this board we used MUCH worse to describe celebrities ,like Paris Hilton or Lohan or Jolie..i didnt see anyone accusing a member for racism when Jolie was called a gollum or worse..That is my take..It has nothing to do with my being Greek,or not getting the true meaning of racism.It is my very personal viewpoint.If that makes me a racist,so be it.I still believe the wife of V.Kassel is a breathtaking beautiful black woman and Williams is scary ugly.I fully understand political correctness is still very much on in the US and people over do it in fear of being branded..It used to be like this in Europe but it is changed lately.That is how true equality can happen.
    joebob likes this.

If someone thinks she looks like a gorilla it is not because of her color,maybe she actually does..
    The Racist Trope That Won't Die
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/17/o...acks-apes.html

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I was never a big fan of Martina's until her cameo in that Will & Grace flashback where Karen rejected her proposal in a disco.
    I was never a fan either until I watched a documentary with Martina and Chris together. They are great friends and are both pretty nice people. I'm pretty sure the doc was called Unmatched.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information