Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Rio Olympics 2016

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I cannot get over the nasty green water in the diving pool. It's gotten less green in the events I saw today but a couple of days ago was just wretched, those poor divers.
    I used to work at the swimming and diving venue for the Atlanta games (I started the summer after they Olympics (doh!) but a bunch of my friends were lifeguards at the Olympics - talk about the easiest job on the planet!) Every last person associated with the place would have been fired if that happened there. It's one thing for a backyard pool to turn green, but a professionally run swim center - it's just unbelievable.
    Brookie and Beeyotch like this.

These guys are great.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A combination picture shows swimmer Michael Phelps with the 23 gold medals he won at the Olympic Games in Athens 2004, Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016. ANTONIO SCORZA / AFP - Getty Images

Switzerland's Giulia Steingruber, U.S. gymnast Simone Biles and Russia's Maria Paseka celebrate on the podium for the women's vault event final of the artistic gymnastics on August 14, 2016.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Elite Member

Michael Phelps is so disgustingly ugly.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I've been drooling over this French swimmer all week - Camille Lacourt. Come to mama.

I had an instant orgasm viewing this fine specimen. Geezus, I'm sweating. Whew!
    stella blue and sparkles like this.

The swimmers bodies are the best part of summer Olympics, in my opinion. It's like women's volleyball for the men. I'm totally not ashamed to admit it either. Plus, they are all super tall, which I like.

Poor women swimmers just look bulky. I'm so proud of Simone Manuel. There is a serious lack of diversity in US Swimming, her win is massive.

Bronze Member

I'm so disgusted with the IOC, i feel guilty even watching the games.

I watched the women's 400m dash that Allyson Felix ran; the runner from the Bahamas ended up winning after she basically dove over the finish line. I don't think that's fair at all, if you're running a race, you should run over the finish line, not dive into and over it...

The Bahamian was leading anyway and stumbled, from what I could tell. I don't think she tried to go all Supergirl five metres from the line.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I hated to see Simone stumble on the beam but was so happy that Laurie Hernandez won silver.
    Fran2 and pinkbunnyslippers like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I watched the women's 400m dash that Allyson Felix ran; the runner from the Bahamas ended up winning after she basically dove over the finish line. I don't think that's fair at all, if you're running a race, you should run over the finish line, not dive into and over it...

I saw that. I can't decide if she dove or not. I remember it was so close the announcer thought the other girl won.

In more Rio Olympics Shitty Planning news: Panic! At the Rio: Olympic Vendors Are Running Out of Food | FWx

Olympic athletes must have gold medal appetites, because reports of vendor food shortages are coming in from Rio.
    According to the Sydney Morning Herald, various food outlets have either run out of most food (and beer!) or closed down due to a lack of stock. In fact, some unlucky patrons have faced hour-long lines, only to reach the counter and be told that supplies were completely sold out.
    Related: THIS OLYMPIC MARATHONER WON THE ULTIMATE PRIZE: HER WEIGHT IN BEER
    Can you imagine telling the family of a Judo Olympian that their next meal can be found at the condiment station? That just might warrant a roundhouse kick to the head.
    The news follows on the heels of other highly-publicized issues, like the the diving pool turning an unwelcome green and hundreds of empty seats (probably because everyone is waiting in line at McDonald’s).
    Get it together, Rio. Hell hath no fury like a hungry person scorned.

In positive news, I am finding out that Jamaica can really put together catchy fast food commercials. I'm trying to catch and record a Burger King one that is positively HYPNOTIZING me into wanting a whopper, which I haven't had or missed in 15 years.

But here's a KFC one that's good too

I love Simone Biles so much! Total girlcrush.

I still want some of this though.

Neptunia, gas_chick and JazzyGirl like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I got it!

For days, my husband and I have been shouting "Whop A Whoppah!!!" and "When a Whoppah whop you, you WHOP it right back!" in a Jamaican accent.

dexter7 and JazzyGirl like this.

I know it's dumb since they're horses and don't care but I think it's too bad that they don't get medals too when they help win for dressage and jumping, they only go to humans. Hopefully they get a nice treat at least!
    Beeyotch and JazzyGirl like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information