Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reporter: Brett Favre is just another scheming celeb

The Lions had a rough season last year. I have a friend who lives in MI and she said it was hard being a Lions fan last year. But you should be proud of the team you pick,...and support them every year, win or lose.

I heard Detroit has a new coach and drafted some good looking picks this year. I hope you guys have a great season! You deserve a good one this year!

Yea,...I wonder if the Vikings will pick up new "Favre Weather" fans. But that happens every year, with a lot of teams. People jump on a teams band wagon for a good season, and then float to the next winners circle the next season. I know my team can suck at times with the best of them,....but my girls and I will always cheer on our guys in purple. Someday, (I hope in my lifetime) we hope we see them in and win a Superbowl. lol

I'd be happy to have a 500 season! I sometimes wish I could follow another team but it just isn't going to happen...the Lions are my team win or lose. I think most Lions fans go into the season just hoping for a winning season, we never expect miracles. If the Vikings ever make it to the sb I'll be rooting for them...that is if Favre isn't playing with them

I don't know anything about the new coach or players but hope to find out once the season starts. I'm ready for some football!!!!!!!!

lol I hear ya! Once you pick a team, you do stay with them through the thick and the thin! I am glad to hear that the Lions got first draft pick. I hope they have a better season this year and will be rooting for them.

In Favre's first game with the Vikings he didn't do so hot. Tavaris Jackson looked alot better and did more than Bret. I think it stinks how Bret came in and was just moved up to starting quarterback. Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels have been working hard for that slot. Oh well,....Jackson out shined Bret last Friday,..so maybe he will end up doing better and Bret will ride the bench....lmao

I have heard some of the sports guys talking, and for some reason, they are saying the Raiders will be the worst ranking team in the sport this year. Not sure how they can know that already,...but whatever. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    lol I hear ya! Once you pick a team, you do stay with them through the thick and the thin! I am glad to hear that the Lions got first draft pick. I hope they have a better season this year and will be rooting for them.

In Favre's first game with the Vikings he didn't do so hot. Tavaris Jackson looked alot better and did more than Bret. I think it stinks how Bret came in and was just moved up to starting quarterback. Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels have been working hard for that slot. Oh well,....Jackson out shined Bret last Friday,..so maybe he will end up doing better and Bret will ride the bench....lmao

I have heard some of the sports guys talking, and for some reason, they are saying the Raiders will be the worst ranking team in the sport this year. Not sure how they can know that already,...but whatever. *shrug*
    Nice to waltz in without even going to training camp & start, huh?

Jackson DID outshine him, and if this continues it's going to get interesting. The Vikings will have a huge decision to make. Do they go with the QB that is performing or the hyped up has-been to avoid more controversy? Because Favre will NEVER sit on a bench. He will take his ball & sulk back home whining again about how he was treated.

I think a lot of these "prediction guys" are just dumbasses who base this crap on their personal preferences. Wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say Favre is going to lead them to the Super Bowl. Even though it's been....how long now? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Nice to waltz in without even going to training camp & start, huh?

Jackson DID outshine him, and if this continues it's going to get interesting. The Vikings will have a huge decision to make. Do they go with the QB that is performing or the hyped up has-been to avoid more controversy? Because Favre will NEVER sit on a bench. He will take his ball & sulk back home whining again about how he was treated.

I think a lot of these "prediction guys" are just dumbasses who base this crap on their personal preferences. Wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say Favre is going to lead them to the Super Bowl. Even though it's been....how long now? lol

I agree!! I love how Brad Childress said that if Brett wasn't there by starting day of training camp, he would NOT be playing with the Vikings. But three weeks after camp starts, Brad sent the Vikings jet for Brett and picked his ass up at the airport, too. To me it was just a big slap in the faces of all the Viking players. Idiot!!

I would LOVE to see Tavaris kick ass this season and show Favre up!! And your right,...Brett probably would not sit on the bench. But I can see and hear the whinning already. He is such an ass!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByKnightRider View Post
    ^Amen. I swear, Brett Favre's indecision rivals that of a fat kid in a candy aisle (Snickers or Skittles?). All the news in Milwaukee has been lately 'Is Favre Going to the Vikings?' and I'm sick of it. I know the Packers and the Vikings have this lifelong rivalry, but who gives a shit about Favre anymore.
    Hey fellow Milwaukeean I love your analogy!

I got sick of hearing about Favre long before he even left Green Bay.

I just wish he would have stayed retired or picked a team other than mine to join.

I vote for STAYED RETIRED. He should have done it about 5 years ago.

Love this shirt! Sconnie Nation - We'll Never Forget You Brent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information