Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reggie Bush forfeits 2005 Heisman Trophy

Look, I don't doubt that what he did was wrong. I really don't. I just think it'd be really fucking hard to turn down a house or a car of $300,000.00 when I was 19 or 20... I'm just saying.

And I would not want that damned trophy NOW if I were Vince. It just wouldn't mean shit to me at this point. It's like a Milli-Vanilli Grammy....

ETA: Oh and I loved this portion of his statement:
    For the rest of my days, I will continue to strive to demonstrate through my actions and words that I was deserving of the confidence placed in me by the Heisman Trophy Trust. I would like to begin in this effort by turning a negative situation into a positive one by working with the Trustees to establish an educational program which will assist student-athletes and their families avoid some of the mistakes that I made. I am determined to view this event as an opportunity to help others and to advance the values and mission of the Heisman Trophy Trust.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I think he shouldn't have accepted the gifts, but Reggie alone should not be held accountable.

The adults surrounding him, DID, know better. And they should not have put a young kid in that postion to have to choose. Why aren't they geting some slack, too? His parents included. They dangled a big future in front of him. Yes, he should have realized this,...but at such a young age, people DO make mistakes.

He has proved his abilities on the field, and by forfeiting the trophy,...I think he knows the mistake he made.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information