Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rafael Nadal won Australian Open 2009

it is so much more painful the second time watching this. poor R Fed.

ps i change my pic for the festivity. hehe

awwww.....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaM8FaHmFjk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozI_6r1NE0[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaM8FaHmFjk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozI_6r1NE0[/YOUTUBE]
    HAHAHAHAHAHA someone took the time to make those? brilliant.

ass-picking douche.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i have spent all week staying up from midnight on to watch tennis, and then i rewatch it on the Tennis Channel. the only thing that sucks watching the Tennis Channel is having to listen to Martina. She's the most negative analyst ever.

which martina? hingis or narvatolia (ps?)

aww, c'mon! He obviously has OCD...he can't help it or I'm sure he would stop the ass picking.

Fed crying like a bitch isn't going to help him beat Nadal. Get a coach and learn some new tactics when playing Rafa! It's the same old game plan every time.

This is the second time Rafa had to tame his excitement after winning a slam because of Rogers tears...

When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i have spent all week staying up from midnight on to watch tennis, and then i rewatch it on the Tennis Channel. the only thing that sucks watching the Tennis Channel is having to listen to Martina. She's the most negative analyst ever.
    We are totally spoilt here in Australia for the Australian Open. We get tennis from 11.00am - 6.00pm. Then another lot at 7.30pm.

We get the intelligent comments of the gifted Jim Courier. I wish we could keep him. I have learnt more about playing tennis from listening to him than from 10 years of being coached. Jim is my favourite tennis commentator ever and I have been following tennis since 1972.

FUnny enough I do not enjoy much men's tennis but I find myself watching just to listen to Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    Fed crying like a bitch isn't going to help him beat Nadal. Get a coach and learn some new tactics when playing Rafa! It's the same old game plan every time.

This is the second time Rafa had to tame his excitement after winning a slam because of Rogers tears...

Exactly.

you got that right!!!! i like Federer, but i felt SO SORRY for nadal because he couldn't be as happy as he wanted to because of Roger. You are so right, Roger does need a coach. His game is good, and has been good in the past, but he needs to pick it up a level because everyone else has done so. having his girlfriend in the players box isnt enough.

oh, and Martina Navratilova as the analyst. negative nancy.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

aww, c'mon! He obviously has OCD...he can't help it or I'm sure he would stop the ass picking.

ITA. Rafa has been nothing but gracious toward Fed throughout their rivalry, yet Rafa always has to play nice because of Fed's pulling the crybaby card. I realize that losing a near 5-hour match must be heartbreaking, but suck it up for a few minutes and let the champion enjoy his moment! Fed needs to stop hanging around Anna Wintour so much and talk to his pal Tiger Woods about mental toughness.

And Nadal SO has OCD. I think he bites his nails a lot, too. But he seems like a really nice guy.

"I wasn't able to enjoy this win too much after seeing Federer in the state that he was in after losing the final. It leaves you a little shaken,'' the 22-year-old Nadal said. "I think that mentally he made such a mountain of it that he came crashing down, but that can happen to anybody.''Nadal can become the sixth man to complete a calendar year Grand Slam by sweeping all four majors. He would need to defend his titles at Roland Garros and Wimbledon and win the U.S. Open, the only major that's eluded him so far.
    "The U.S. Open is a tournament that has always taken a little bit more out of me,'' Nadal said. "Last year it was a shame that I arrived tired, but my objective is to continue improving because it's the only way to complete, or at least try for, the Grand Slam.

this is from MSNBC.com... shows that Roger being upset affected rafa as well.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Well yeah, Rog made sure all the cameras were on him and his devastation - Rafa could hardly enjoy the win with the weepy Fed behaving like a Diva, could he?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information