Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PE teacher takes bribes from kids not wanting to go to gym class

Default Re: PE teacher takes bribes from kids not wanting to go to gym class

I hated having to dress out and when they'd force the showers. The exercise is one thing, but the way they'd do things were awful.

And I'd say most of our PE teachers were lesbians.

I was shocked when this one PE teacher my daughter had turned out NOT to be a lesbian. She wasn't butch looking, but she came off that way. And then I found out she was seeing a male teacher.

Where the hell were these teachers when I was in school?? Dammit....

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch
    You weren't allowed to wear makeup at school? What sort of school did you attend?
    It was a public (ie, Govt) high school, girls only. We worn uniform and tried to bend the rules as much as possible but the teachers were pretty strict. Skirts on the knee, no heels, hair tied back, blazer and hat, etc. We were not allowed to be seen eating in public wearing the uniform. Makeup was absolutely forbidden, although some of the 'rebels' used to wear mascara and there were a few Goths who kept getting into trouble for wearing black nail polish. We were allowed to wear our own clothes in the 6th form (grade 11&12) but that was mainly to spare parents the cost of buying bigger uniforms. Most people bought their kids the uniform in 7th grade and we wore them through to 10th grade by which time we were bursting out of them.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I wore a uniform in elementary school because I went to a "Traditional" school. It was a public school, the only difference was we wore uniforms and there were no boundaries, people from all over the city could attend. Our uniforms, as ugly colours as they were (kelly green, navy blue, and white), weren't so bad because all we had to do was wear navy on the bottom, and then one of the school issued shirts or sweaters on top, so we could all go out and buy nice navy pants or skirts or what-have-you and as long as they were the right colour, we could wear them.

I would have paid my PE teacher $10 a day. I would have given him beloved personal possesions. I really hated PE class. I would have chosen daily visits to a dentist over PE class.

I always had my "period" or some illness or the standard stomach ache, and after a while they would just sigh and point to the bleachers and tell me to go sit down. I actually met one of my best friends that way... we both begged out of PE all the time, and ended up on the bleachers together and got to talking.

About uniforms... I went to catholic school for kindergarten and 1st grade, and had to wear one... I absolutely hated it. I would have loathed it if I'd had to wear one later on. And we all wore makeup... I was sneaking on makeup (away from my parents) before school since I was about 10.

Ahhhh, school! I've been in Catholic schools since I was 8 years old, the rules that are petty and unreasonable are usually the ones that are enforced most harshly.

I've brought a half liter of rum to school, drank it all, done pot, ditched class, ditched the school, and gotten into fistfights on campus, none of which were ever noticed, much less reprimanded.

But forgetting my belt, wearing socks any color but white, pink hair, teal eyeshadow, studded jewelery, now that calls for immediate action. They've even phoned my parents over wearing boots instead of mary janes. That's absurrrrrrrrrrd.

Back on topic, I would most definetely pay to skip gym. That teacher should be commended!
    2 years...

Our school didn't even let us shower.. all we had was a change of clothes, so the guys would go around smelling and being greasy for the rest of the day.. we had 5 mins to change our clothes and get to our next class, which was impossible cuz the hallways were SANDWICH of people
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

I loved PE hehe

My HS had showers, but they hadn't worked since the early 70s. We had to go to class sweaty, but I don't know that anyone would've showered anyway. The shower was one huge room with a pole in the middle and several spickets on it, so you'd have to shower with your whole class.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Yeah, the big open shower was the reason you didn't want to do it. Everyone is so self-conscious when they're a teen, something the staff always seemed to conveniently forget. And try being a girl, having your period and using the shower in front of twenty other girls. What fun.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

My school had seperate showers and curtains, though three would be lines to wait for them cuz the showers took up a small space. I'll admit there were some days that I hated PE (when we had to go outside to run laps and it was 85 degrees ) but I had fun. I guess it's different for guys than it is for girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information