Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Official AFL Thread

Put the drink down dude.........are you saying that our US counterparts are aware of this?........cause that was moreso my point ......cheers mate....

I was with you there for a moment.....oh well.....Go the Dons?
    Last edited by Soth; April 8th, 2007 at 08:03 AM.

lol u didnt need to tell me that then , it just seemed weird the way u said it to me..meh i dunno lol, dont worry bout it

but yes go the dons haha

I gotta stop coming into this thread. It's killing me!! Yeah, I'm a big ole whore. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Oh oh oh let's think. Who's broke - not Carlton?!?! The wogs will go crazy. Kangaroos ? So Sydney gets North Melbourne as well as South??? What about the rumour that the Saints will end up in Hobart?

Edit: Important Disclaimer to the PC Brigade. In the context of Australia/Melbourne/footy the term 'wog' is one of endearment and refers to our Italian/Greek community. There is NO other connotation OK?
    Bwahahaaa! It's so funny you should type this cuz I was *just* reading about Golliwog today!

So Freemantle lost? Bugger. Shall I expect future disappointments?

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Put the drink down dude.........are you saying that our US counterparts are aware of this?........cause that was moreso my point ......cheers mate....

I was with you there for a moment.....oh well.....Go the Dons?

I knew! I knew Graham was a kicker for the NY Jets.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

DJ Geelong are the running joke of the league.........ie which team will win at the end of the season..the team that plays us.....they are the ones with the blue and white hoops around their guts.....spectacular individual players just dont seen to get their act together when it matters, although this year is looking good ......................

A*O

Soth/delerium - breathe, breathe, put that testosterone away and be noice. I wish EvilMoney (our other Aussie bloke, but he's in Sydney so proabably a rugby pooftah) was here to knock your heads together.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

And the thread comes alive...how did your team go this weekend?

A*O I hope the footy gods smile tomorrow.....cause we are Geelong, the greatest team of all........My tickets are in my pocket and scarf is around my neck.....and if the holy grail travels across the border again.....ohhh....I wont cope well

A*O

BUMP. OK everyone. Let's talk about Ben Cousins. Is he:

A. A helpless victim who needs compassion and support, or
    B. A pathetic junkie loser surrounded by enablers including his employers and family

You'll never guess which I pick.
    Dame Edna Everage

Runs through the thread singing....we are Geelong, the greatest team of all *nekkid*.....Um... B ad infinitum

And A*O I told you the Kangas situation would be a cluster f$%k of interesting proportions.

God I hate being right

Is AFL The Australian rules football? We used to (for some inexplicable reason) get these games on cable back in the late 70's and 80's (we had the most innovative cable yet in the US. (QUBE) in Columbus back then. I got hooked and my favorites were Essenden(sp?) and Fitzcroy(sp?)..such good eye candy! I think these were innner suburb working class teams if I remember correctly?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

A*O

Ohhhhhh Soj is a footy fan! You are absolutely right, those AFL spunks are HOT (plus they don't need body armour and helmets and they STILL manage to look pretty LOL). Essendon (the Bombers) are still in Melbourne but Fitzroy moved to Brisbane and are now called the Brisband Lions, much to the chagrin of their fanbase in Melbourne. In case you didn't guess, Geelong (the Cats) won the championship this year for the first time in 41 (?) years so you can imagine the celebrations. I think they are still partying if Soth's posts are anything to go by LOL.

As for Ben Cousins - quick history. He's a very talented player with the West Coast Eagles in Perth. Stellar career but rumours about drug taking - it's a BIG problem with AFL but the people in charge pretend it's not. Ben has had several run ins with the law, mostly for DUI etc and managed to get away with it because these players are treated like gods and have powerful people supporting them. Anyway, he went to the US into rehab, while never actually admitting he had a drug problem, natch, and 30 DAYS later returned to Australia claiming to be 'cured'. Yeah right. It was clear from his demeanour and it was an open secret in footy circles that he was still a serious junkie (ice and cocaine) and he was arrested again about a month ago for 'possession'. The Perth cops, bless em, stuffed up the charge and Ben walked again, this time back to LA for more 'rehab' while still denying he has a drug problem. It now transpires that he didn't go into rehab at all, instead he went on a 5 day cocaine binge that resulted in him being rushed to hospital. His Dad, who continues to deny his boy has any kind of problem, went to fetch him home and Ben is now back in rehab here - again. He has been sacked by his club and probably won't play football ever again and faces charges of 'bringing the game into disrepute' which he will probably cop but with few consequences because he has a drug problem and couldn't help himself. Bollox.

If this spoilt, over-entitled brat wants to kill himself with drugs despite the help and Get Out Of Jail Free cards he's been given then I say go ahead mate. What disturbs me is that AFL players are regarded as gods by young kids in Australia and most aspire to be like their footy heros. What kind of message is this setting? I blame the AFL management who continually deny and cover up the rampant drug use and abuse that's going on thus enabling their players to get away with it time and time again. Rant over.
    Dame Edna Everage

So is AFL more important than soccer is in Australia? It would be nice for another country to have something more important than soccer(like we have football here). Something a little more homegrown. Plus as I recall AFL is a lot tougher and more contact/violent(and without alot of protective equipment)..and the guys were beefiier and hotter than typical soccer players IMO. *drool* I could barely keep track of what was going on, but hey I was young and the guys were really hot so I watched and watched!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

A*O

Yes - AFL is pretty much the only code that matters in the southern states here and also the Northern Territory. There are some very gifted aboriginal players up there who are now playing in the major teams down south. Rugby is 'the' game in NSW and Queensland. Soccer is gradually becoming more popular thanks to our large Europen communities (Greek, Italian, etc) but it's still very much a minority sport. Which suits me fine LOL.
    Dame Edna Everage

A*O

Sorry for the double post but I can't edit ^^^^

Update on Ben Cousins. He has admitted taking 'certain' drugs (ie coke and ice) to deal with his 'depression' because he has 'ADD'. Well I guess if you are wired on coke 24/7 then you would be a tad skittish. Meanwhile his parents continue to deny that he has any kind of drug problem and he spent last weekend in Sydney in the company of a bunch of bikies and other riffraff. No drugs there of course.
    Dame Edna Everage

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information