Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Official AFL Thread

Go Cats

A*O

I've always been partial to nice arms on a man, and AFL players have the best arms in sport IMO. They don't wear any padding, helmets or other poncy protective devices so you get to see them in their full glory.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

A*O are you watching tonight......apparently Luke Ball didnt travel, so he's out.........I think your Nick is though......I need an update.....

A*O

If it's on I'll be watching. I think they'll beat the Lions with or without Nick (or Luke).
    Dame Edna Everage

Just watching Steven Quatermain and whos in and out now.........Youd want to be careful of Jonothan Brown though......hes itching for a bit of payback after last year

Lappin out....Ball out..,....
    Last edited by Soth; April 5th, 2007 at 02:40 AM.

A*O

The Saints lost. Fucking typical. I don't want to talk about it...............
    Dame Edna Everage

Huggs A*O, that was disgraceful.......

A*O

HA! But my local VFL team beat Geelong today so it's not all bad. Go Zebras
    Dame Edna Everage

That wold be because we are blooding a lot of our youngsters tonight against Carlton. Varcoe and Tommy Hawkins have been staring in the 2s since last season. Im sticking with that.

Your second team would have to be bloody Sandy wouldnt it....Bayside bastards

A*O

Hey - don't be dissing my 'burb dude. At least I don't live in Brighton (perish the thought. Hateful place, hateful people).
    Dame Edna Everage

hey im from melbourne too so im gonna love this thread . i go for the bombers btw , it would be nice for them to make the 8 this year but their is still to much reliance on hird, lloyd and lucas so after this year signs still arent the best.

fuck stkilda annoy me though, without injuries they have probably the best team on paper in the comp maybe second only to west coast but they just keep fucking it up every season! same as geelong, great list but are just a bunch of duds. that said i still think west coast and sydney are going to dominate this year. west coast's midfield simply cant be beaten, with or without cousins.

i hope the bulldogs do well theire team has promise but then again thats wat everybody was saying about stkilda and geelong a few years ago.

A*O

Yay - another Melburnian. My son goes for the Bombers too, poor kid.

I agree (no bias) that St Kilda has the best line-up on paper but they keep snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I just don't get it. Sydney are consistant but after Barry Hall's horrible knee injury today (did you see it? it kind snapped backwards, ouch) they are going to struggle.

West Coast need to get over themselves - Ben Cousins is a disgrace but also a bit of a scapegoat because I reckon the majority of AFL players are serious drink/drug users and the people in charge including the coaches turn a blind eye provided they turn up for games and play well. I'd still LOVE to know who the former player, now high profile media personality is who's under investigation. My money is still on Wayne Carey. Sammy Newman is a living joke/legend and too obvious.

The Bulldogs are another team who seem to have all the potential at the beginnning of the season but never quite join the dots.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Yay - another Melburnian. My son goes for the Bombers too, poor kid.

I agree (no bias) that St Kilda has the best line-up on paper but they keep snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I just don't get it. Sydney are consistant but after Barry Hall's horrible knee injury today (did you see it? it kind snapped backwards, ouch) they are going to struggle.

West Coast need to get over themselves - Ben Cousins is a disgrace but also a bit of a scapegoat because I reckon the majority of AFL players are serious drink/drug users and the people in charge including the coaches turn a blind eye provided they turn up for games and play well. I'd still LOVE to know who the former player, now high profile media personality is who's under investigation. My money is still on Wayne Carey. Sammy Newman is a living joke/legend and too obvious.

The Bulldogs are another team who seem to have all the potential at the beginnning of the season but never quite join the dots.
    oh shit, no i didnt see that. then yes they are going to struggle, that will throw off their whole forward structure.

the ben cousins thing really has been overblown i think, its still an issue but imo the media has played it up alot more than it should have been.

stkilda and the bulldogs, aswell as geelong all have fantastic lists but geelong and stkilda just arent performing atm. snatching victory from a seemingly shit game is still not a way to have a solid season and build up to finals footy. they really worry me stkilda, considering how good they are on paper yet they havent done a whole lot in finals still and history shows the teams which win grand finals have ALOT of finals experience before they get to that stage (west coast, sydney,essendon, etc.) and by the time stkilda get enough experience i think alot of their key players may be gone (gehrig, harvey, etc.). i hope im wrong though because they are a great side and have had alot of badluck with injuries. a bit of luck may go a long way for them this year.

A*O

Fingers crossed. But only one flag in 1966 isn't exactly stellar eh? I'm also worried that their really experienced players only have a couple more seasons left in them and injuries could make that time even shorter. I don't see a long term plan, unlike some other clubs who are prepared to focus on building the team instead of aiming for the grand final.
    Dame Edna Everage

yea pretty much, i mean harvey is like 35 now? gehrig is getting on aswell as many others and we all know how huge gehrig is. if your going to win one it has to be this year or the next imo, otherwise you might be waiting a while...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information