Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Notre Dame Linebacker and Heisman Finalist Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend Hoax

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    this is such a strange story.
    It's very strange. Now, there is another ball player saying that he knows/knew her and is close to her family. He also said that he met this girl with Troy Polamalu. Very bizarre.

I think he was in on it too. He claimed to have met her in person and told family/friends that too and the whole "I stayed on the phone with her 8 hours at night" reeks of bullshit.
    Laurent likes this.

I still can't figure out why this is a story. What did he gain? What's the point of this story all over ESPN, TMZ, etc. etc.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    During the Notre Dame vs Alabama game, it wasn't mentioned at all, was it?
    They couldn't fit it in around Brent Musburger fawning all over A.J. McCarron's pageant queen girlfriend.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^ who just got a job as an on air correspondent for the super bowl.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Before Catfish there was this bizarre story from several years back. Which is why I just might believe the guy was duped. As unbelievable as it seems.

The Life and Death of Jesse James - - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Before Catfish there was this bizarre story from several years back. Which is why I just might believe the guy was duped. As unbelievable as it seems.

The Life and Death of Jesse James - - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly
    That's what this story reminded me of, but I couldn't remember the names of the people involved to look it up. In fairness, stranger things have happened, but I can't figure out the lying on Manti's part. It's all just so strange...
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ who just got a job as an on air correspondent for the super bowl.
    Ah, I hadn't heard that yet, but I figured she'd be stepping out with her new celebrity soon. When I first heard about her Twitter exploding during the game, I figured she'll be dumping A.J. as soon as the opportunities start coming in. Or he might dump her if his ego gets winged. Though I will say that I saw him in person in passing not too long ago and he genuinely seems like a nice kid who's kind to his fans, even when they bombard him when he's just out and about. Even though I'm a dyed in the wool Auburn fan, he is so cute in person he could've persuaded me to say Roll Tide.

No way Teo wasn't in on it. He told too many stories about face to face meetings and long phone calls not to be.

If was being actually catfished, wouldn't he have gotten a clue the moment he tried to visit the hospital where the "love of his life" was being treated for her Car Accident Cancer (tm) and discovered she wasn't there? If so, why did he write to an actual sick kid's family, full of stories about the hospital (St. Jude's) his poor beloved was staying in and her final illness? Or if he's now claiming that he never actually visited her, then what's up with that? Your girlfriend is in the hospital for a long time, experiencing all these catastrophic events, and you, a star football player, couldn't take one day out of your busy schedule to visit her? But you'll take the time to concoct all those details in a letter to an ACTUAL kid with cancer?

And how convenient that she croaks right before his big game but her final wish is that he play for her, conveniently absolving him of having to go a funeral for her. Even if you absolutely HAD to miss the funeral or your loved one, wouldn't you still at least pay her family a visit later? Give your condolences, bond in grief, pick up the letters to you that he claimed her family found after her death?
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

You guys seen the new "Te'o-ing" on the web? Having your photo taken with your arm around your invisible girlfriend. Some of them are a hoot.
    southernbelle likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

fgg

Exclusive: Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, Alleged Mastermind Behind Manti Te'o Girlfriend Hoax, Auditioned for The Voice

The world was shocked when it was revealed on Jan. 16 that Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o's inspirational story of overcoming the death of his grandmother and girlfriend on the same day last fall -- leading the Fighting Irish to an undefeated season -- was a hoax, allegedly conceived by someone named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

But this is not the first sad story Tuiasosopo has reportedly engineered. A source tells Us Weekly that the aspiring singer spun quite a tale for the producers of NBC's The Voice, too -- when he auditioned to be a contestant on the upcoming season.

"He had this insane sob story before [he sang]," an insider reveals to Us. "It would make for great TV."

According to the source, Tuiasosopo told producers he and his cousins started a Christian band together and were on their way to perform at a youth conference in Nevada when they got into a "massive" car accident. He claimed a truck crashed into their vehicle, sending them flip-flopping all over the freeway. He also said doctors thought one of them might have been brain-dead, but miraculously, everyone was fine.

An insider adds that Tuaisosopo "passed a background check and psych evaluation," which is standard for all reality TV show contestants. "Nothing came up, no suspicious behavior," the source says. However, in light of what people now know about the Manti Te'o death hoax, "people now think the sob story is fake."

Not everyone was moved by his performance, though. A source tells Us that Tuaisosopo auditioned in front of Voice judges Shakira, Usher, Blake Shelton, and Adam Levine with Matisyahu's "One Day" -- to no avail.

"No one turned their chair around," the insider says.

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, Alleged Mastermind Behind Manti Te'o Girlfriend Hoax, Auditioned for The Voice - UsMagazine.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Audio at the link, because it doesn't embed.

manti te'o

Jan 24, 2013 1:20 PM 64,138 180

Listen To Manti Te’o’s Voicemails From Lennay Kekua/Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

Barry Petchesky

In advance of this afternoon's interview, Katie Couric's show has released recordings of three voicemails provided by Manti Te'o. The messages were left on Te'o's phone by who he believed was Lennay Kekua. As the Daily News reported this morning, hoaxer Ronaiah Tuiasosopo claims he disguised his voice over the phone, and Te'o was always talking to Tuiasosopo posing as a woman.

Lennay speaks to Te'o before her first chemotherapy session:
    This is a jealous Kekua accusing Te'o of having a girl in his room:
    This voicemail was left for Te'o on Sept. 11, 2012, the day Kekua claimed she had been released from the hospital. (Original accounts of Te'o's tragedy put her release on Sept. 10.) On the 12th, she "died."

Yeah, that absolutely sounds like a woman. Couric saw what are reported to be Te'o's phone records, and claims there were "dozens of calls, some hours long, to one phone number." ESPN's spreadsheet had indicated "more than 1,000" calls over a four-month span.

Katie Couric's site has all the messages, but it keeps going down so we're hosting them here.

Listen To Manti Te'o's Voicemails From Lennay Kekua/Ronaiah Tuiasosopo
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

I couldn't get them to play, but regardless, I just don't buy his story. It smells to high heaven and I have to suspend belief too much to think that he's not in on it.

I got one of them to play, but I couldn't hear it very well anyway. I know he had to know, but sometimes I just can't believe how stupid people are that they think they won't get caught. I'm actually curious if anyone on the team thought all of this was suspect.

And because I like Michael K...

Thursday, January 24th 2013
    How Good Is Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's Lady Voice?

During Manti Te'o's interview with Katie Couric, which airs today, he claims that he's not a STUNT QUEEN, he's just a gullible bitch, because he wasn't a part of the fake dead girlfriend hoax and he had no idea that his friend Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was Lennay Kekua the entire time. Manti says that why would he take part in a hoax that has ruined his reputation and possibly screwed with his football career. But even if this does ruin his football career, that's okay, because he can get a job working from home. Manti read that Debbie's mom makes $566/a day posting links on Google. Unbelievable!
    Manti gave Katie Couric 3 voicemails that he thought were from his fake girlfriend, but they were really from Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. In the voicemails, Ronaiah as Lennay, talks about her chemotherapy sessions, gets jealous over Manti having another girl in his room and tells him she was released from the hospital. Ronaiah's lawyer says that he pretended to be a woman and put on his "falsetto" voice every time he talked to Manti. Here's just one of the voicemails, you can here the rest at Deadspin:
    If you need to compare Ronaiah's lady voice to his man voice, here's a clip of him talking normal. I don't know, if I was working the drive-thru at McDonald's and Ronaiah spoke in his regular voice, I don't think I'd call him "miss." So either his lady voice is that good or he's using some kind of software. I don't know, but I do know that I want to hear a clip of Lennay and Manti phone fucking each other. I really need to hear Ronaiah make lady orgasm sounds as his peen explodes.
    And TMZ says that Manti isn't the only dude who Ronaiah supposedly tricked. Ronaiah has feelings for dudes, but he doesn't want to face those feelings, so he created a fake girl and lives vicariously through her.
    We're told Ronaiah used the female persona in many encounters, but so far there's no evidence he became intensely emotionally attached to anyone -- until Manti. We've confirmed when Ronaiah spoke with Manti as "Lennay Kekua" he used his own voice.
    Indeed ... Ronaiah's feelings became so intense, he blew his cover on December 6 because it was hard to walk away. He never intended to reveal Manti was actually talking to a man ... he just wanted to reconnect with Manti, but still as a woman.
    Our sources say Ronaiah has buried his feelings to the point he has little emotion about anything. We're told even the scandal has not produced intense emotions.
    Well, I guess that's one awkward way to come out, awkwardly.
    How old is Ronaiah? I mean, most of us outgrew the whole "pretend to be a woman on Craigslist to get straight men to have phone sex with you" phase in our teens! Okay, in our early twenties. Okay, in our mid twenties. Okay, last week. But still.

Posted by: Michael K
    69 comments

Fake AssesGayManti Te'oRonaiah TuiasosopoWhy Are You Pulling My Dick?

dilligaf likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

Manti says that why would he take part in a hoax that has ruined his reputation and possibly screwed with his football career.
    For the same reason anyone does stupid shit that they know will be mortifying and life-ruining if it comes out - because they don't think they'll get caught.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information