Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: NFL Legend Junior Seau Dead - Cops Suspect Suicide

He's from and lived in the city I grew up in so my Facebook is insane right now, some people I know knew him too, everyone always said nice things about him. My step granpa's family knew him well and grew up with him in North County SD. I do feel awful for his kids and loved ones.

I remember when I was in grade school and he was drafted, it was a huge deal for my family they had a party. That must have been 1989 or 1990. He was so loved by everyone. Good memories of him!
    LynnieD likes this.

Damn, I go and do shit for a few hours and BAM!

This is super sad to hear. He was a hell of a player, seemed like a good guy. And way to young! RIP Junior, thanks for the great games. You will be missed!

Seau is the 8th member of the 1994 Super Bowl San Diego Chargers to die prematurely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

^^I know. Isn't that freaky? They showed his poor mom on TV almost collapsing with anguish and of course there were 50 cameras filming her while she is sobbing. It was painful to watch. Why the fuck can't the media have some decency?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Didn't I hear he was shot in the chest? Still suspected suicide?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Didn't I hear he was shot in the chest? Still suspected suicide?
    A suicide by a shot to the chest hardly surprises me because I remember when Artie Lange stabbed himself in the gut multiple times when he tried to off himself, that was a crazy suicide attempt.

he reportedly shot himself in the chest because he wants his brain sent to that Sports Legacy Institute that Chris Nowinski runs
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    he reportedly shot himself in the chest because he wants his brain sent to that Sports Legacy Institute that Chris Nowinski runs
    I don't think that's true. According to police, Seau didn't leave a note.

In 2011, Dave Duerson shot himself in the chest and left a note requesting his brain be donated for research. Duerson's suicide has been mentioned in a lot of the Seau articles, which has led to a speculation that Seau's brain may also be studied.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

awww god how sad RIP he always seemed like such a nice guy
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I guess the bottom line is that multiple concussions will leave your brain fucked up.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    I buy that. And maybe this was a super fast, reaction to something and he just didn't leave a note because he was too emtional or didn't feel like taking the time (since he was clearly in a bad place, perhaps he thought he'd change him mind if he sat down to write stuff down). Dunno of course, but its all so damn sad.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    He's from and lived in the city I grew up in so my Facebook is insane right now, some people I know knew him too, everyone always said nice things about him. My step granpa's family knew him well and grew up with him in North County SD. I do feel awful for his kids and loved ones.

I remember when I was in grade school and he was drafted, it was a huge deal for my family they had a party. That must have been 1989 or 1990. He was so loved by everyone. Good memories of him!
    DeadDwarf, are you part Samoan?

Medical Examiner's Office Rules Seau's Death A Suicide

Former Chargers Star Found Dead In Oceanside Home Wednesday; Police Say Seau Shot Himself In Chest

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office has classified the death of former San Diego Chargers star Junior Seau as a suicide.

Seau, 43, was found dead at about 9:35 a.m. Wednesday at his home in the 600 block of South The Strand in Oceanside. The medical examiner's office said Seau died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. The medical e

The medical examiner's office is "awaiting the family's decision regarding study of the brain for repetitive injury by researchers outside of the office."
    The medical examiner's final autopsy report may take up to 90 days to complete.
    10News learned a public service is scheduled for May 11 at New Venture Christian Fellowship on 4000 Mystra Way in Oceanside. A private viewing will precede the public service. No set time has been announced.
    Additionally, a paddle-out in remembrance of Seau is scheduled for Sunday (May 6) at 12 p.m. at the beach in front of Seau's Oceanside home.
    An event to honor Seau's memory will be held May 12 at Oceanside High School. Seau graduated from the school in 1987.

Medical Examiner's Office Rules Seau's Death A Suicide - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    DeadDwarf, are you part Samoan?
    No, why do you ask? Where I am from Samoans are a minority group, I went to school with some, but not lots.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Sad, but had he no thought for his children? That poor family.
    He might have had tonnes of thought for them. Just because someone suicides doesn't mean they were being mean-spirited or selfish, it just means they couldn't see another way.
    shedevilang and Snarker like this.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information