Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: NFL 2015 - 2016 Season Thread

I am that geek who listens to sports stations and thinks, "Only X days to the next football season!" Somewhat O/T, really liked the movie "Draft Day."
    levitt likes this.

The draft is coming up.
    levitt and Clubber Lang like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I am that geek who listens to sports stations and thinks, "Only X days to the next football season!" Somewhat O/T, really liked the movie "Draft Day."
    I named my sneakers after players and my username on Madden Mobile is Mrs Manning. I think you're in good company.

eta: just seen you like the Broncos in the other thread - yay!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

The Dolphins are idiots. They're probably gonna let Knowshon Moreno go. I know he gets injured a lot, but damn is he good when he is healthy. I hope someone decent picks him up off the market (I hear the Jets are looking at him and that would suck). I need him for my fantasy league.

I'm leaving for a wedding Thursday night, so I am going to miss the live draft (boo!). I'll DVR it and watch it when I get back on Sunday.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

As I'm still resolutely unemployed, I will be able to stay up and watch with a cold one (or two). I've heard a lot of draftees aren't going to Chicago - is there a reason why? I mean why the hell not? Boo.

Yeah, they probably will let Moreno go and I really like him but it's true that he gets hurt too much. He better NOT go to the Jets, I hate them!
    This isn't the FLorida wedding is it?

No, this is in Oklahoma.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Stayed up until 4am UK time to catch the first round of the draft...*falls asleep on laptop*

Wells report released on footballs used in AFC title game

• By Gregg Rosenthal
    • Around The NFL Editor
    • Published: May 6, 2015 at 01:33 p.m.
    • Updated: May 6, 2015 at 01:56 p.m.

Independent investigator Ted Wells submitted his report to Commissioner Roger Goodell and theNew England Patriots on Wednesday in relation to the footballs used in the AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Colts.

The findings are now available to the public.

There are hundreds of pages of the report to go through, but here are some of the key sections that conclude the findings:

"We have concluded that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally (the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots) and John Jastremski (an equipment assistant for the Patriots) participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee.

"Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls," the report reads.

The reports says that other Patriots personnel were not aware of the effort.

"We do not believe that the evidence establishes that any other Patriots personnel participated in or had knowledge of the violation of the Playing Rules or the deliberate effort to circumvent the rules described in this Report. In particular, we do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated."

In relation to the kicking balls, the conclusion reads:

"We do not believe that the evidence supports a conclusion that there was any deliberate effort by the Patriots to circumvent the NFL's Playing Rules with respect to the kicking balls used during the AFC Championship Game."

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell also released a statement on the report:

"I want to express my appreciation to Ted Wells and his colleagues for performing a thorough and independent investigation, the findings and conclusions of which are set forth in today’s comprehensive report," Goodell wrote.

"As with other recent matters involving violations of competitive rules, Troy Vincent and his team will consider what steps to take in light of the report, both with respect to possible disciplinary action and to any changes in protocols that are necessary to avoid future incidents of this type. At the same time, we will continue our efforts vigorously to protect the integrity of the game and promote fair play at all times."

Patriots owner Robert Kraft released his own statement on the matter soon after the report was released.
    "Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship Game, would be a gross understatement," Kraft wrote.

"While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league."

Around The NFL will have more on this story soon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491385/article/wells-report-released-on-footballs-used-for-afc-title-game?campaign=Twitter_atn_rosenthal

Strip their title and forever add an asterisk to Shady Brady's name. Dirty fucking cheaters.
    levitt, SHELLEE and smurfette like this.

I read a bit of it and was laughing my arse off at how much shade they throw Brady. He's a cheater and a liar to boot, that much is 100% clear.
    darksithbunny likes this.

You could tell he was lying his ass off during his press conference about it.
    darksithbunny likes this.

"Didn't let us look at his phone text messages or emails, even when it was specified to be only regarding the ball deflating topic and to be overseen by someone in Brady's camp" or whatever else, might as well have just admitted it Tommy!

Fucking cheaters!!! I knew it!!!!!!!

You should read the actual report. In the "Conclusions" section (page 121 and on) it has damning text messages from the equipment guys talking about bringing needles to deflate the balls with and those needles had better be surrounded by cash and new kicks. There's even a threat to go to the media if he doesn't get paid. Juicy shit.

I read those - the part about making the balls like a balloon/watermelon, and how they think Brady is a twat. Ha.
    greysfang and darksithbunny like this.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information