Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: NFL 2014 - 2015 season thread

Which I personally find absolute bullshit. Not that I'm sure a Colts vs. Seahawks Super Bowl would be all that worthy of a watch, but fuck if a Tennis player or whatever was caught cheating they would be automatically disqualified from whatever they were participating in. Why is it different here? It's a pile of unwashed arseholes is what it is.

I do believe the Patriots would have beaten the Colts with relative ease without this nonsense. I don't think the balls made a difference in the outcome of the game but surely that's not the point. They've just made themselves look like absolute twatbags AGAIN.

I'm still waiting for a "Brady's Deflated Balls" headline.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Correct - the inflation/deflation of the balls had nothing to do with who won the game. It's the principle of the thing called competition - Belichick has been caught cheating before and he's still around and he's still up to no good. And his team doesn't bother calling him out on his shit. I think the league should come down on him fairly hard, and I'm betting they won't.
    greysfang and msdeb like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Not just Belicheat, Shady Brady needs punished as well. No way he had the ball in his hands that many damn times and didn't notice a thing.
    Brookie, msdeb and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Agreed - considering it was an LB on the Colts I believe that recognised it was too light. If an LB, who touches the ball a lot less than a QB, could tell, Brady most definitely could.

eta: I've heard other HCs think they should lose their 3rd round pick. That's utter bullshit, which leads me to believe lots of HCs condone this tactic and want the punishment to be so-so, in case they get caught in the future.
    greysfang likes this.

I'm not even sure it was mentioned in this thread, but I am still kind of annoyed at the thing the Patriots did when they barely beat the Ravens a couple of weeks ago. When the Patriots were still behind, they did this funky thing where they declared certain receivers ineligible and other (non-receiver) players as eligible receivers. The Ravens were scrambling to figure out who they should cover and Harbaugh complained after the game about the tactic.
    emkat likes this.

fgg

^that is legal based on the rules of football. however, it backfired on them last week when they did it again because they have to properly declare eligible vs. ineligible and they screwed it up.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That was actually legal. Shady and dirty, but legal. They announced who was eligible, its up to the D to adjust.

I think the Pats should lose more than one pick and their fine should be prohibitively large, like several million. Belicheat should be suspended for a year.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I agree that it's legal, but it was an underhanded desperation move. At this point, I really think there isn't a dopey, underhanded move that Belichik wouldn't pull to win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That was actually legal. Shady and dirty, but legal. They announced who was eligible, its up to the D to adjust.

I think the Pats should lose more than one pick and their fine should be prohibitively large, like several million. Belicheat should be suspended for a year.
    Yep. The issue I have with fines is that they aren't large enough as a rule. When teams/players get fined for something, it's well within their budget. If I can afford to pay for my penalties, I'm probably going to keep committing them without much regard to the fact that I'm violating a rule or a policy. When fines start to be double a player's salary, or double what the team took in last year (maybe that's too much, but you get my drift), things might be more fair. Either that, or just get rid of all the goofy rules.

- Mark Twain

Apparently the Colts told the NFL back earlier in the season when they first played the Pats they thought the balls were deflated then too.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Belichik is eventually eligible for the Hall of Fame. My guess is that the voting will go kind of like Russell at Survivor Tribal Council.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Olivia...I meant to tell you in my post above that I feel badly for you dealing with your teams loss. It sure does stink and I know what your feeling. You are a really nice gal and even though we root for opposing rivals, you are always a great sport. Thank you for that. Like you said...get it next year!

So....they will still allow the Pats to go to the Superbowl?!?
    Aw, thank you JadeStar for writing that! That means a lot. Always like reading your posts and your reactions. Yes the loss stung quite a bit and it's taken awhile to get over it. I cannot believe we let that game slip through our fingers like that. I keep going over all the plays that, should they have been handled differently, would've made the difference. I was a nervous wreck during the game. Wow. I wish I was the type of fan that could just enjoy the game but I take it way too seriously!

Looking forward to next year to see what the Packers can do. We need to make hay while the sun is shining (having a great quarterback) and get another championship. I'm also interested to see how the vikings and Bridgewater will develop.

I think they'll allow the Pats to go to the Superbowl. But it is another black mark on the Pats. I don't know if much will come of it, though.
    JadeStar70 likes this.

The plot thickens... According to ESPN, the Ravens first alerted the Colts of the deflated balls.
    Brookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Not just Belicheat, Shady Brady needs punished as well. No way he had the ball in his hands that many damn times and didn't notice a thing.
    There is an article this morning quoting John Madden, who is still on several NFL committees, that there is no way that Brady isn't behind this.

I know there was supposed to be a press conference this morning with Bellichik, and supposedly he would be asked about this. Does anybody know if it happened?

Belicheat shifted the focus to his quarterback this morning at his news conference. Brady's comments coming later evidently.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information