Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: NFL 2014 - 2015 season thread

The Ravens have terminated Ray Rice after the video of him knocking out his then-fiance was released.

Ray Rice's contract terminated by Ravens - SBNation.com
    Brookie likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

fgg

that video is disgusting. i'm glad they made the right decision. i had no idea that idiot married him after that happened!

the nfl needs to ban him.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The NFL has suspended him indefinitely. He's an asshole and she's a fool for marrying him right after the incident.m

fgg

Bengals Cut Then Re-Sign Devon Still So He'll Have Health Insurance for Daughter's Cancer Treatment

It's been a difficult few months for Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still. In June, doctors diagnosed his 4-year-old daughter, Leah, with a potentially fatal, rare form of cancer called neuroblastoma.

Earlier this week, Still, who skipped much of the team's minicamp practices to be with his little girl, got cut from the Bengals' roster, leaving the 25-year-old former All-American without a job or medical insurance.

"I completely understand where they were coming from," Still said in an interview with the Cincinnati Enquirer.

"I can't give football 100 percent right now. In the business aspect they want guys to solely focus on football, which is understandable," he said. "We are here to win this city a Super Bowl and right now I am not in a position where I can give football 100 percent of everything I have."

Still soon realized that his dismissal was a "blessing in disguise," according to an interview he gave ABC News.

Head coach Marvin Lewis later informed him that the team had decided to sign Still to their practice squad, ensuring that he has medical coverage for Leah's cancer treatments, and a $6,300-per-week salary. The move also allows Still to spend more time with his daughter than he could if he remained on the team, because he won't be traveling as much.

"They could have washed their hands with me and said they didn’t care about what I was going through off the field," Still said.

Last week, Still, who shaved his head in solidarity with his daughter, revealed on Instagram that Leah had begun another round of chemotherapy.

"Round 4 of chemo starts today," he wrote. "Sending up a prayer that God allows my daughter to remain as strong as she has [for] her previous cycles and I ask that after this chemo the test shows that the tumor has shrunk to the point where it allows for an easy surgery to remove it."

Bengals Cut Then Re-Sign Devon Still So He'll Have Health Insurance for Daughter's Cancer Treatment - Cancer, Medical Conditions, Sports : People.com

feel good story after that ray rice shit!
    levitt, sluce, KrisNine and 3 others like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That is really great of them.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I am glad they terminated/suspended him. What a POS!! And his wife married him the day after he was indicted on the charges. So is his legal issues over? Or is there still a chance he could do some jail time? I just know someone best be watching out for his wife today. He will probably really beat the shit out of her now!

The other story about Devon Still, his daughter and the Bengals...was awesome!! I love stories like this!

I read that Bengals story over the weekend and got a little teary over it. At least there is one good thing about Ohio. It sure as hell ain't the wang.

WTF are there two Monday night games? If they keep this shit up there will be football every day of the week end Sundays in the fall won't be so special anymore.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah, that 2 Monday night footballs is stoopid. Me no likey.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I read that Bengals story over the weekend and got a little teary over it. At least there is one good thing about Ohio. It sure as hell ain't the wang.

WTF are there two Monday night games? If they keep this shit up there will be football every day of the week end Sundays in the fall won't be so special anymore.
    That story made me cry too. What an awesome thing for the Bengals to do.

As for Rice, I really hope he doesn't take out this shit on his wife. I was listening to a story on NPR regarding the NFL's new policy on domestic violence, and they highlighted some of the issues facing the abused partner regarding coming forward and pressing charges, and that's one of them (ie, you made me lose XX dollars so I am going to beat the shit out of you now). What a fucking mess of a situation to be in. Can't believe she married that asshole.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

For some strange reason I picked the Giants over the Lions tonight. I knew I would regret that. I thought the Giants would have their shit together, don't ask me why.

good lord my Giants are awful. The Offensive line is terrible. TERRIBLE
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I just don't believe that no one in the NFL saw the entire tape of Ray Rice, until today. Bullshit. How is it that the commissioner of the NFL and those in law enforcement can't get their hands on that footage, but TMZ can? I'm not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    For some strange reason I picked the Giants over the Lions tonight. I knew I would regret that. I thought the Giants would have their shit together, don't ask me why.
    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    good lord my Giants are awful. The Offensive line is terrible. TERRIBLE
    Luzers!!!!!!!!! Of course, the Lions had about a bazillion yards in penalties in the first half alone, but that's the Lions. Megatron looked impressive tonight.
    smurfette likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I picked Arizona over the Chargers tonight so I'm HOPING that pans out. I don't know if I wanna stay up for the whole game, though.

I am with you, Kris. You would think the NFL had watched the tape before yesterday. This morning they were saying that Rice had probably told a different story to the Ravens back in Feb.
    But, after the tape was released yesterday, it made them look bad, so that is why they cut him now, instead of when it happened. If they did see the tape back then and kept him on the team,....why cave now just due to social and media pressure. I think it makes the Ravens look dirty,too.

I do agree with them cutting Rice,...but I heard this morning that there are several other players still playing with DV charges against them. Why shouldn't they all clean house then? Why do those players just get a serve their 2 game suspension and get a second chance? Either give Rice another chance after serving his suspension, or suspended those players as well.

Eli was a mess again last night. I thought maybe last year it was due to the pressure from Peyton having such a kickass season,....but not sure now. Do you think he has already hit his peak and is in the decline?

Matthew Stafford looked really good last night. And I like Golden Tate. He is my nephews favorite player, but he was just sad he left his Seahawks. But it looks like he is off to a good start with his new team.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; September 9th, 2014 at 08:41 AM.

Thread Information