Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: NFL 2013-2014 season thread!

I just think if you watch the interview with Demaryius Thomas after the game it's a totally different vibe. Sure, Sherman is not the whole Seahawks, but dude, come on. You sound like an ass, even if you ARE the best cornerback in the league. I may be biased but in this case I really don't think that comes into play. I personally don't think "doing what you're paid to be doing" is an excuse to be a rude twat, frankly. Lots of other players in every team (including Seahawks) manage to be as talented as Sherman and not open their trap and offend another player.

And yes I'd feel the same if any Broncos player acted that way...I just don't like rudeness, even if it's "normal" in the football culture.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

True,...but they are millions of people out there in the world that have no clue or common sense. I agree, he could have, and should have, been gracious and conciderate. Some people were never taught this and will never get it. This one happens to be on a football team. I know many of this type of person in my real life, as well. They will alway shoot off their mouth and they are their own biggest fan. Can't fault the whole team for one stupid apple.

Something that I thought was pretty cool:

I was trying to read up on who the defensive backs were for the Broncos while I was watching them play the Patriots yesterday. And one of the backs was Champ Bailey. I couldn't believe my eyes because it seemed like decades ago that Washington drafted him as their #1 pick. I thought he had retired. Instead, 15 years later, he was still playing, hoping to make it to his first Superbowl ever. And now, that's exactly where he's going. He looked very, very happy.....
    gas_chick and levitt like this.

I saw "Mo" and "NFL" thread and became so confused. Champ is SO cute, I love him to pieces, so happy for him. The pictures of him celebrating really touched me.

He's had a really rough year also, missed lots of games due to a lisfranc injury. He really deserves his trip!

Pictures of Champ after the win:

Last edited by levitt; January 21st, 2014 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I have a presentation to give at 11! Haha. After that it SHOULD be plain sailing though, so I'm sure a couple of coffees and an early night will do me just right. I don't actually care - I just can't believe it! I had so many people text me and facebook me yesterday, it's nice to know so many people think of me re: the Broncos. My housemate bought me a chocolate bar to eat during the game for "luck", it's called a "Double Decker", I don't know if you guys get it in the US, but the wrapper colours are orange and blue and obviously, it's called Decker!! It's my Broncos chocolate bar.

Joe Montana predicted it would be a 49ers/Pats Super Bowl and I tweeted in response early yesterday that I disagreed on both (you can see on my twitter Shellee), so can I just have this platform to say I am better than JOE MONTANA at predicting football outcomes?! Haha.
    Yes, you can. and I will too! of course, Joe Montana WOULD say that shit! So many of those guys can't just commentate based on what they've seen this year or the last year, they make comments based on their own experience when they played....
    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Both games turned out like I wanted yesterday so now I can watch the Super Bowl!!!
    me too... but instead of going for the Seahawks, I'm going to go for the Broncos now.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I was happy with both wins, as well.

So what is everyones opinion on Sherman's statement right after the game?? lol
    He sure made a lot of Broncos fans, didn't he? I don't give a fuck how hopped up he was on adrenaline... you DON'T say shit like that. Sportsmanship IS important. Learning to lose with grace is important, learning to win with modesty and modicum of class matters too.

Hopefully he'll gain a little humility when D. Thomas outsmarts him in a couple of weeks. I just can't get behind a team that's so evidently full of arseholes. I do like Wilson though from what I've seen.
    he won't. and you know, he did so well last week when they played the Saints.... hell, last week it was Marshawn Lynch who I thought was a shitty winner and all he did was walk off the field without shaking one damn hand!
    However, I am also APPALLED at the obvious racist comments that I've seen when I google... it's just disgusting! FAR MORE disgusting than Sherman's own words!

I wish they wouldn't stick a microphone right in their face as soon as the game is over. Some of those guys can't think before they speak in the heat of the moment. I don't think he should have slammed another player, but he is one of the best corner backs in the league now. And he did what he was paid to do,...break up the play. It was pretty, too. But, yes, some humility would have been appropriate, and a little graciousness.

Hopefully he apologizes and gets his head right before the SB. But hey,...not all of the talented NFL players can be courteous and humble like Adrian Peterson,..lol
    This is the stuff they hope to catch on film... maybe that is why Marshawn just walked off last week. Maybe he's the smart one!
    True,...but they are millions of people out there in the world that have no clue or common sense. I agree, he could have, and should have, been gracious and conciderate. Some people were never taught this and will never get it. This one happens to be on a football team. I know many of this type of person in my real life, as well. They will alway shoot off their mouth and they are their own biggest fan. Can't fault the whole team for one stupid apple.
    yeah, but the millions of other morons aren't on tv making an ass of themselves in front of a national fucking audience. And for this douchemaster to say that Crabtree said "something" to him personally back in fucking April is pure bullshit. not buying!
    I just think if you watch the interview with Demaryius Thomas after the game it's a totally different vibe. Sure, Sherman is not the whole Seahawks, but dude, come on. You sound like an ass, even if you ARE the best cornerback in the league. I may be biased but in this case I really don't think that comes into play. I personally don't think "doing what you're paid to be doing" is an excuse to be a rude twat, frankly. Lots of other players in every team (including Seahawks) manage to be as talented as Sherman and not open their trap and offend another player.

And yes I'd feel the same if any Broncos player acted that way...I just don't like rudeness, even if it's "normal" in the football culture.
    Agreed 100%.
    Sherman has me and my Snowflake going for different teams in the Super Bowl now... asshat.
    levitt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    but instead of going for the Seahawks, I'm going to go for the Broncos now.
    BEAUTIFUL WORDS. Like x 1000.
    Brookie and Mel1973 like this.

So disappointed that the Niners lost. And of course Jay is in full depression mode. I cannot stand the Seahawks. Trash talking, arrogant, PED using jackasses. When NaVorro Bowman was carted off the field, some fans were throwing popcorn at him. Very low class. And Richard Sherman needs to STFU. One day someone is going to really hurt him and he will have no one to blame but himself.

I'm ecstatic that the Pats lost. WTF is up with their fans? They can never be gracious in defeat. Instead of saying they were beat by the better team, they are posting on nfl.com that Welker's illegal hit on Talib changed the outcome of the game. And Belicheat, the facken hypocrite, is looking for disciplinary action by the NFL for that hit. He seems to forget the nasty hit Edelman levied on Rogers-Cromartie. It would be such awesome karma for Welker to get his ring, given his treatment by the Pats organization. Fack the Pats and their fans. I'm obviously going to cheer on the Broncos. Like I said, they are a classy team with a great fan base. Peyton deserves his ring.

It's clear that Belichick DESPISES Wes. I don't think he would be waxing quite as dramatically ("one of the worst plays I've ever seen" - clearly doesn't watch his own games) if it had been any other player, he just loves sticking the knife in Welker. Ironically, that goes with the story why Wes wanted to leave in the first place.

levitt, SHELLEE, gas_chick and 1 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Gase has pulled out of the running to be the Browns' coach. Good decision, Adam.

wasn't sure if they were posted yet

Brookie and SHELLEE like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Yes, you can. and I will too! of course, Joe Montana WOULD say that shit! So many of those guys can't just commentate based on what they've seen this year or the last year, they make comments based on their own experience when they played....
    me too... but instead of going for the Seahawks, I'm going to go for the Broncos now.
    I have no idea what you are talking about, Lou Holtz never picks Notre Dame to win games
    Mel1973 likes this.

Disappointed you bitches haven't ransacked the tags with Manning/me abuse!

hey, as it turned out, I was the ONLY ONE with any tags. I'm disappointed in all of you!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I'm enjoying the tags much more now...the tags make you sound like YOU love Mr Manning though Mel.

Thread Information