Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: NFL 2012-2013 season thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Sad to see Ray Lewis retire, he is fun to watch. But, he has had a great and long career, and now he can focus on his kids.
    Or, ya know, get away with another murder or 2.

Those were 4 of the most piss poor playoff games that I have seen in 43 years. They were uninteresting and practically unwatchable. I did feel badly for RG, he's hella fun to watch (not that I like the Redskins or anything), I hope they didn't destroy a very promising career by rushing him back and keeping him in too long. Very short-sighted of the coaching staff or more likely one of the worst professional sports owners ever.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Sad to see Ray Lewis retire, he is fun to watch. But, he has had a great and long career, and now he can focus on his kids.

I was sad to see the Vikings lose, but with a QB in there that hasn't seen any snaps in a game this year, but we knew it would be a long shot with Ponder out. I don't know many teams that would do great with their main QB out for a game, especially in the playoffs. It put us at a disadvantage right off the bat. The Vikings had a great year, despite the many injuries. Last year we ended at 3-11, so we had a hell of a come back this year at 10-6 and making it into the playoffs.

I'd love to see the Texans beat the Pats next week. It is great seeing anyone beat Brady, and then we get to see him crying and whinning.
    I really felt bad for that backup quarterback for Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Bol.

Those were 4 of the most piss poor playoff games that I have seen in 43 years. They were uninteresting and practically unwatchable. I did feel badly for RG, he's hella fun to watch (not that I like the Redskins or anything), I hope they didn't destroy a very promising career by rushing him back and keeping him in too long. Very short-sighted of the coaching staff or more likely one of the worst professional sports owners ever.

I am getting ready to leave work now, but I will have to google this, later. I guess I had no clue he was involved in a murder/s??? Whoa!

I am getting ready to leave work now, but I will have to google this, later. I guess I had no clue he was involved in a murder/s??? Whoa!
    It was right after the Ravens won the Super Bowl. There was some kind of altercation in the street outside a bar (I think this was in Atlanta). Two guys were stabbed to death, and I think the people who were accused were friends/associates of Ray Lewis'. I thought Lewis was given some kind of immunity in exchange for his testimony. But by the time he finished testifying, and totally screwing that up, the accused guys got off scot free.

See that's the first thing I think of, and I admit I haven't researched it.

Dammit, the Chiefs hired Andy Reid. I hate that son of a bitch for bringing Michael Vick back into the NFL.
    gas_chick likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ugh, that's tough greys.

That was my 1st thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It was right after the Ravens won the Super Bowl. There was some kind of altercation in the street outside a bar (I think this was in Atlanta). Two guys were stabbed to death, and I think the people who were accused were friends/associates of Ray Lewis'. I thought Lewis was given some kind of immunity in exchange for his testimony. But by the time he finished testifying, and totally screwing that up, the accused guys got off scot free.
    Yes, it was in Atlanta, in 2000. I worked with one of the victim's fiance; she was pregnant at the time and received a settlement from Lewis on behalf of her daughter which was in a trust. I think the settlement was somewhere between 2003 - 2005-ish, she quit work shortly after receiving the settlement. I heard office gossip about the amount but Kellye never confirmed it.

Okay,...wow! I guess I didn't remember that story, or know Ray was involved. Isn't that the way it goes? Someone famous or that has money usually seems to walk out of situations smelling like a rose. Thanks for the info.

And Greys, I hear you. My husband's team is the Chiefs and he hates Andy Reid, too. Oh well,...we hope he does a better job than the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexxifer View Post
    Yes, it was in Atlanta, in 2000. I worked with one of the victim's fiance; she was pregnant at the time and received a settlement from Lewis on behalf of her daughter which was in a trust. I think the settlement was somewhere between 2003 - 2005-ish, she quit work shortly after receiving the settlement. I heard office gossip about the amount but Kellye never confirmed it.
    It would have been interesting (but disastrous for Lewis) if the suit had gone forward. I think they could have compelled him to answer a lot of questions that he wouldn't have had to answer in a criminal trial. Not sure what he paid in settlement, but it was probably the best money he ever spent.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I was sad to see the Vikings lose, but with a QB in there that hasn't seen any snaps in a game this year, but we knew it would be a long shot with Ponder out. I don't know many teams that would do great with their main QB out for a game, especially in the playoffs. It put us at a disadvantage right off the bat. The Vikings had a great year, despite the many injuries. Last year we ended at 3-11, so we had a hell of a come back this year at 10-6 and making it into the playoffs.

I'd love to see the Texans beat the Pats next week. It is great seeing anyone beat Brady, and then we get to see him crying and whinning.
    As a Bengals fan, I am not sad to see Ray Lewis retire. I respect the hell out of him though. I'd give an arm for a player that tough on our team.

I felt awful for the Minnesota QB too. You know he took more snaps on Xbox playing Madden than he had on the field all year. My brother texted me at half time and said "You know, if throwing the football at people's feet was the object..he'd be MVP. Poor guy!

At this point I'm rooting for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. I'd love to see them play the Pats and beat the crap out of Tom Brady.

Thanks Mel! He was the Heart and Soul of Baltimore.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    As a Bengals fan, I am not sad to see Ray Lewis retire. I respect the hell out of him though. I'd give an arm for a player that tough on our team.

I felt awful for the Minnesota QB too. You know he took more snaps on Xbox playing Madden than he had on the field all year. My brother texted me at half time and said "You know, if throwing the football at people's feet was the object..he'd be MVP. Poor guy!

At this point I'm rooting for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. I'd love to see them play the Pats and beat the crap out of Tom Brady.
    Me too.

my Giants aren't playing. Every team i rooted for this last weekend lost. So, if you have a team you want to lose, just let me know, i have the power to make them lose. (Notre Dame is my latest victim)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    my Giants aren't playing. Every team i rooted for this last weekend lost. So, if you have a team you want to lose, just let me know, i have the power to make them lose. (Notre Dame is my latest victim)

How 'bout Greenbay?......

Thread Information