Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NFL 2011-2012 Season Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    OH FUCK YES!

It's always so great when all the teams are undefeated!

GO COWBOYS DAMMIT!
    This!! I've been a fan since I was 10 years old through thick and thin.

I'm not ready. The Chiefs didn't win a single preseason game.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^I know,...my hubby is bummed over that, too.

Well, after what seemed like the LONGEST freaking Pre Season ever, it is FINALLY time for the regular season to kick off tonight! Saints v Packers!

So here's to a great season! Let the games begin dammit!!!!

I am so ready to watch ANY football game. I so wish we had cable even more right now!

Yea, I'm psyched to be watching anything that 'counts' too! BRING IT!!!

Go Saints tonight!

Uh oh...poor Colts.

Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning has more surgery on neck - ESPN

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning had further neck surgery Thursday, the team announced, his third procedure in the past 19 months.
    Manning decided to have the surgery after consultation with a half-dozen doctors who reached a consensus that the most viable option would be a one-level cervical neck fusion in the wake of his May 23 surgery to repair a bulging disk. It's unclear whether Manning would be able to return to play this season.The team said in a statement Thursday that the surgery was "uneventful" and that it would not place Manning on season-ending injured reserve and instead keep him on the active roster.
    "This procedure is performed regularly throughout the country on persons from all walks of life, including professional football players. Two former Colts players had this same procedure last winter and have fully resumed their careers," the team said in the statement.
    "Rehabilitation from such surgery is typically an involved process. Therefore, there will be no estimation of a return date at this time."
    The team said that Manning immediately would begin the rehabilitation program prescribed by his surgeon.
    The Colts statement came just hours after team owner Jim Irsay wrote on Twitter that Manning would be out "awhile" and coach Jim Caldwell promised to provide more clarity soon. They could have put Manning on injured reserve to open up a roster spot, but that would have meant he would not play at all in a season that will end with in February with the Super Bowl played at Lucas Oil Stadium in downtown Indianapolis.
    Manning was unavailable for comment, as was his agent, Tom Condon. His father, Archie, and brother, Cooper, whose college career was ended by a severe neck injury, would not specifically address Peyton's surgical decision.
    Archie Manning, a former NFL quarterback, only spoke of his son's state of mind.
    "I think he's OK, probably because there's a little finality to this deal in terms of playing," the elder Manning told Mortensen. "He's been on the clock since May. He didn't make it. Obviously, it's a big letdown, but he can relax a little bit compared to the intensity of everything he has done trying to rehab."
    Earlier Thursday, without confirming any pending surgery for brother Peyton, Cooper Manning told ESPN that a cervical fusion would be a logical step after his brother's slow recovery and setback last week when he experienced more upper back and neck pain.
    "Everyone is different, but I've had a fusion and I've known players who have had fusions and went on to play football. ... You can get a pretty good range of motion back and much more stability once it heals," said Cooper, the oldest of three brothers that include quarterbacks Peyton and Eli.
    Cooper said he did not have specific knowledge on a decision regarding another operation for Peyton. "You know Peyton and how he values his privacy even within a very tight family like we have," he said. "We've exchanged some short texts and I've given him his space. He's had a lot going on."
    Manning will miss his first NFL game when the Colts open the 2011 season Sunday against the Houston Texans. He had made 227 consecutive starts counting playoff games, including the Super Bowl the Colts won capping the 2006 season. The four-time MVP is 35 years old.
    Manning was hopeful that four months of therapy after his May 23 surgery would allow him to resume normal football activity, but his progress was minimal with nerve regeneration and his triceps area remained weak, not allowing him to throw a football with reasonable velocity. He was taken off the PUP (physically unable to play) list last week so he could practice on a limited basis as a part of his therapy in hopes of making progress and measuring his readiness.
    However, Manning's progress "plateaued" and pain returned to his upper back and neck region, which initiated a new set of diagnostic tests and the recent prognosis that an anterior cervical fusion would be a wise course of action, sources said.
    On Wednesday, in an interview with ESPN 1050 in New York, Colts vice chairman Bill Polian revealed that Manning would not play the opener Sunday at Houston. Manning confirmed the decision in a statement later Wednesday.
    Kerry Collins is expected to replace Manning in the lineup Sunday, making him the first Colts quarterback other than Manning to start a game since Jim Harbaugh -- now the 49ers' head coach -- on Dec. 21, 1997.

----

Damn glad football season is finally here, since the Tigers effectively ended my interest in baseball this week. GO BROWNS!!!!!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I guess we will see what all the Colts have, without Manning.

Kerry Collins is the backup, right? He's old, but was a good quarterback. I picked them to win this week even without Manning.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'm not ready. The Chiefs didn't win a single preseason game.
    Greys, don't be too upset, that's what happened to the Dolphins when we went undefeated.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Damn glad football season is finally here, since the Tigers effectively ended my interest in baseball this week. GO BROWNS!!!!!
    You're welcome.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bite me betch.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Bring it on, sistah!!!!!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

What a great game for the opener, very exciting.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

God. Damn. Saints. Where the FUCK is their defense tonight? This to the last 3 fucking seconds shit is wearing me OUT.

ETA- GODDAMN IT!!!!
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information