Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: London Olympics Results *Spoilers*

I was cheering on Tom Daley,too. We do like him,right Sarzy?
    Sarzy likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

yeah I am happy Daley won the bronze. He is cutie.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Go Mo!!!
    McJag likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Gold Member

I was happy for Daley especially since some of his dives in the prelim were pretty ghastly. He barely made it to the finals - so to see him collect himself and win the bronze was great.

The British athletes have a lot to be proud of in terms of their performance.
    McJag and Sarzy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Go Mo!!!
    Isn't he fabulous? Such total joy both times as he crossed that line! And the crowd went wild!
    My fav was the first race where he & his American training partner got gold & silver. You can tell they are besties.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybabe View Post
    I was happy for Daley especially since some of his dives in the prelim were pretty ghastly. He barely made it to the finals - so to see him collect himself and win the bronze was great.
    I only got a chance to see one of Daley's dives. And it was the one where he damn near landed on his back, instead of going straight into the water. I cringed. Very happy to hear that he righted himself. I also read that he got to do a dive over because a bunch of photographers distracted him with flashes in one of his first dives of the final round. Who the hell thinks it's okay to take a flash photo of a person doing an intricate dive from a 35-foot platform???

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I only got a chance to see one of Daley's dives. And it was the one where he damn near landed on his back, instead of going straight into the water. I cringed. Very happy to hear that he righted himself. I also read that he got to do a dive over because a bunch of photographers distracted him with flashes in one of his first dives of the final round. Who the hell thinks it's okay to take a flash photo of a person doing an intricate dive from a 35-foot platform???
    I still don't know he recovered from that dive. My confidence would have been totally shattered - it just shows why he is an Olympian and I am not

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybabe View Post
    I still don't know he recovered from that dive. My confidence would have been totally shattered - it just shows why he is an Olympian and I am not
    Absolutely. Relatedly, I was floored to see that David Boudia got the gold over the heavily favored Chinese diver (Bo, I think). Boudia just barely qualified for the final round, in 18th and last place in scoring. And I'm not sure Daley had scored much better. What was great for both of them is that the scores do not carry into the final round, so they had a clean slate. Still, Daley's recovery from the first dive - going from a 7 to a 9, if I remember correctly, was a major gut check. It seems to me that at 18, with that talent and steely nerves, he has a big future ahead of him.

Also wanted to add that Greg Louganis was apparently a mentor for Boudia.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Absolutely. Relatedly, I was floored to see that David Boudia got the gold over the heavily favored Chinese diver (Bo, I think). Boudia just barely qualified for the final round, in 18th and last place in scoring. And I'm not sure Daley had scored much better. What was great for both of them is that the scores do not carry into the final round, so they had a clean slate. Still, Daley's recovery from the first dive - going from a 7 to a 9, if I remember correctly, was a major gut check. It seems to me that at 18, with that talent and steely nerves, he has a big future ahead of him.

Also wanted to add that Greg Louganis was apparently a mentor for Boudia.
    Louganis' first attendance at an Olympics since 1996 and his first in his capacity as mentor for the U.S. Diving Team. I don't think it's a coincidence the U.S. men had their best results since the '90s. It helps getting advice from someone who has been there and done that.

Wait, Tom Delay? Isn't he in jail? Or seriously ethically compromised? And old? How did he look in a speedo?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I am madly in love with Bladerunner and I will fuck a bitch up if you even look at him sideways.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Wait, Tom Delay? Isn't he in jail? Or seriously ethically compromised? And old? How did he look in a speedo?
    Like 5 pounds of dough stuffed into a beer cozy.
    Laurent likes this.

As I thought, glad I missed it
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread Information