Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: London Olympics Results *Spoilers*

This is the best gold medal count GB has had for 104 years They've done great, only 8 behind the US at the moment. Crazy.
    levitt, McJag and JazzyGirl like this.

Congratulations to GB!!

On another note, I am ridiculously super excited about a US vs US final in the women's beach volleyball. I'm pulling for Kerri and Misty!!
    McJag likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I'm behind the times, but I just realized that Aly Raisman won gold in floor gymnastics! Wow, go Aly!
    Brookie likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

She's been really great this Olympics and I hate that she and Gabby are still somewhat overshadowed by coverage of Jordyn. If Jordyn does well, it's "yay Jordyn", but if one of the others do well, it's only part "yay (whoever)". Most of it has turned into "poor Jordyn" and excuses and outrage on Jordyn's behalf. I don't dislike Jordyn, but the media has turned it into The Jordyn Show. I do love Aly and think she did a spectacular floor routine. That first tumbling pass was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    she did a spectacular floor routine. That first tumbling pass was unbelievable.
    I had not seen any womens gymnastics for a few years prior to this Olympics and I was also blown away by that first tumbling pass! I was thrilled she won.

It sucked about the whole enquiry thing and the tie breakers - just share the damn medal. Judging bites.

On a side note I was bopping around old articles and had forgotten about the year (maybe 2000 Olympics?) the vault was set to the wrong height, the vaulters kept falling. Once they corrected the height the judging committee did not let them go again. I don't recall hearing more after that - now I need to go investigate.

Gymnasts that had vaulted on the incorrect height horse were allowed to do it again if they wanted. Some chose not to. Elise Ray, Sara Moro, Galina Tyryk, Lisa Mason, and Jana Komrskova redid theirs.

For quite a few of them, the fall on vault ruined their meet, throwing them off their game.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Gymnasts that had vaulted on the incorrect height horse were allowed to do it again if they wanted. Some chose not to. Elise Ray, Sara Moro, Galina Tyryk, Lisa Mason, and Jana Komrskova redid theirs.

For quite a few of them, the fall on vault ruined their meet, throwing them off their game.
    Oh thanks!

Just got back to work from watching the womens soccer match. I am so HAPPY that they won and earned another GOLD for the USA!!! What a power house!! So much talent in that team, it is amazing!!! Carli Llyod sure had the shots today, she was on fire! And Hope did amazing defending the goal! And Abby,...well she is just a beast!! lol
    Brookie and Laurent like this.

Things at work were slammed today and I just got to check in at the beginning and after it was over. Are they planning on showing it tonight?

I don't know if they re-aired the match last night or not. I don't have cable, so I had to go to my Mom's to watch it. It was on the NBC-SN channel on her cable package. I am not sure if they re-air the games on that channel at night or not.

I just know that none of the soccer games have aired on the main network NBC channel, only on their cable channels. Kind of ticks me off. So if I hadn't hadn't gone to my Mom's for the games, I would never get to see them. They do stream online, but you have to have a cable account and password to stream them.

Yep, they had it in prime time.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

These race walkers are amazingly thin. Some of them look almost malnourished.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Who won the Korea/Japan volleyball?? What a match!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The U.S. won gold in men's 10m platform diving! I already forgot the guy's name but I am so happy for him. Beating the Chinese in diving is not an easy task.

The U.S. women's basketball team is whipping France' s butt 60-32 in the 3rd quarter.
    McJag likes this.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

The Chinese really weren't expecting that! Well done to the American guy. I'm happy Tom Daley got a bronze too.
    McJag and Brookie like this.

Thread Information