Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: London Olympics Results *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    The way NBC portrayed the Russian gymnasts pissed me off. Have a bit of respect for them instead of skewing their behaviour to look bitchy and unsportsmanlike. And I hate that people think it's terrible of the girls to cry after getting the silver. These are young girls that have worked their whole lives for this one goal. They're in the gym 8 hours a day. It's doubtful they'll ever get a chance at an Olympic gold medal again. So what if they cry as soon as they realize their lifelong dream is gone? It's a hard pill to swallow. I would cry too. The problem is the cameras being stuck in their face trying to capture a reaction for drama.

Also, immediately after the competition, both Komova and Mustafina gave interviews congratulating Gabby was and talking how she deserved the win. Same thing for the team competition. They talked about how disappointed they were in themselves but were ultra gracious toward the Americans. But that doesn't fit with the diva-Russian-bitches meme NBC has going.

/rant
    I said the same thing to my husband. They were almost mean-spirited and snarky about the Russians. I get that they might be diva-like but the announcers almost seemed like bitchy teenage girls talking about another clique.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I said the same thing to my husband. They were almost mean-spirited and snarky about the Russians. I get that they might be diva-like but the announcers almost seemed like bitchy teenage girls talking about another clique.
    Again, that was not at all what it sounded like to me! They seemed very sympathetic when either Russian girl made a mistake & explained every time that that was extrememly unusual. How is that mean? Not just once either, it seemed to me they realy wanted the audience to know how great these girls were and everyone sympathized with them.
    Was this on NBC? That's the one I heard. Maybe we are talking about different ones.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I can't fault a 16 year old girl for being so upset at losing out on her life's dream, and not wanting to be consoled at that moment, losing her shit for a minute. .
    I fully expect the Russians to be passionate and show every emotion good or bad - It's really their culture - And they are gracious once they get it out of their systems. I just don't think NCB ever shows them being gracious.

I also wonder if many understand that they may only be in one or two Olympics - their competitive careers are usually over at a very young age.

JG~

Watching Senegal/Mexico soccer match, how was Mexico's 4 th goal legit? The original guy who got to the ball was so offsides when it was headed in.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Womens Tennis:
    Serena Williams (USA) - 6
    Maria Sharapova (RUS) - 0
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Womens Tennis:
    Serena Williams (USA) - 6
    Maria Sharapova (RUS) - 0

Serena put an ass whooping down on Sharapova love and one. Beatdown does not even begin to describe it.
    McJag and *DIVA! like this.

She sure did. I don't watch tennis, but I caught that match today. Why were there two scores? I did see a chart where it said Maria had love, then one.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    She sure did. I don't watch tennis, but I caught that match today. Why were there two scores? I did see a chart where it said Maria had love, then one.

The women play best of 3 sets. Serena won the first set 6-0 and then the second set 6-1 to win the match.

Excellent performance by Jessica Ennis to win the Heptathalon.

Michael Phelps got his 18th gold. Wow!

Eta- So proud of the British team! That was the greatest day ever for British athletics.
    Last edited by Sarzy; August 4th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
    McJag and *DIVA! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Again, that was not at all what it sounded like to me! They seemed very sympathetic when either Russian girl made a mistake & explained every time that that was extrememly unusual. How is that mean? Not just once either, it seemed to me they realy wanted the audience to know how great these girls were and everyone sympathized with them.
    Was this on NBC? That's the one I heard. Maybe we are talking about different ones.
    It was NBC and what I heard was mean-spirited snark.

Congrats to the Brits for an awesome day! Way on up there in the medal count now and rightfully so!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Damn, can those Jamaicans run or what?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Viktoria Komova's (#2 in gymnastics) message to her fans:

"I’m sorry I didn’t live up to your expectations. I imagine you will never forgive me."

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    Viktoria Komova's (#2 in gymnastics) message to her fans:

"Iím sorry I didnít live up to your expectations. I imagine you will never forgive me."
    Okay Debbie Downer, get over it and enjoy your silver metal. I wonder what she would say if she didn't get any medal? Stfu already.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Team GB were just so incredible yesterday... Amazing. Have to say I shed a tear when Jessica Ennis got her medal. Wow. Come on Andy today in the tennis!!
    McJag likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Thread Information