Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: London Olympics Results *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    James Magnusson loses swimming gold (again) by 0.01 second and faces the fact that he's human after all. Australia mourns.
    The media is already going into meltdown. Good times.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Aussie swimmer are much admired and respected by the US swimmers. Everytime the Aussies get the most scrutiny,before and after races. This has not been one of their best,but no one will be taking them lightly. I wonder if the realize that.
    Unfortunately I don't think they do realise it because they are programmed to believe that only GOLD counts and if they don't achieve it they are deemed total failures. The media will now rip them to shreds. I'm sick of it.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Unfortunately I don't think they do realise it because they are programmed to believe that only GOLD counts and if they don't achieve it they are deemed total failures. The media will now rip them to shreds. I'm sick of it.
    They should eat some of that worm poop that instantly turned the Chinese swimmers into world record holders.

^Can you believe that Chinese girl came home in her final 50 faster than Ryan Lochte did in his race?
    Brookie likes this.

Thread minijack: A*O, just being curious and nosy, but do you consider yourself English? Or Aussie now? Or a bit of both? I always find it interesting when people move from their homeland to another country for some reason, and if they still feel that they're from their homeland or from the new country. Envious, maybe.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Not that I give two shits about badminton but the cheating on the part of the Chinese, South Koreans, and Indonesians is appalling. They were purposely losing matches so they could be matched up with easier opponents (or something like that.). Needless to say eight players were booted from the olympics.

8 Olympic badminton players kicked out of games - Yahoo! Sports

I would paste the whole article but it is a pain to do on my phone.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Thread minijack: A*O, just being curious and nosy, but do you consider yourself English? Or Aussie now? Or a bit of both? I always find it interesting when people move from their homeland to another country for some reason, and if they still feel that they're from their homeland or from the new country. Envious, maybe.
    I have a British and an Aussie passport so technically I'm a bit of both but I consider Australia to be home and have absolutely zero desire to go back to the UK. Becoming an Australian citizen was one of the proudest days of my life, cheesy as it sounds. I've loved it here since the day we arrived almost 18 years ago and if I have to pick a team it will always be Oz over UK, even the cricket! But it doesn't blind me to some of the things that drive me nuts about Australia and its veneration of sports above all things is one of them. Having said all that I still have pure British blood coursing through my veins and I was born and raised there so I guess there will always be a corner of my heart that will be forever England. Sniff.
    faithanne and Laurent like this.
    Dame Edna Everage

^As a born and bred 7th generation Aussie I agree with everything you said - I love this place and am the proudest Australian ever but I can see its glaring faults. No country is perfect but try telling (some) other Aussies that.

I have a British and an Aussie passport so technically I'm a bit of both but I consider Australia to be home and have absolutely zero desire to go back to the UK. Becoming an Australian citizen was one of the proudest days of my life, cheesy as it sounds. I've loved it here since the day we arrived almost 18 years ago and if I have to pick a team it will always be Oz over UK, even the cricket! But it doesn't blind me to some of the things that drive me nuts about Australia and its veneration of sports above all things is one of them. Having said all that I still have pure British blood coursing through my veins and I was born and raised there so I guess there will always be a corner of my heart that will be forever England. Sniff.
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I've never lived anywhere except the U.S., and while I love America, I entertain thoughts about picking up and moving to England. I might one day, even though the idea of the actual move and sending everything overseas sounds like more than my sanity could handle. The few people I've known who've moved to other countries usually end up picking up a bit of the accent, but still get spotted for American. Did you keep your British accent or is it all Australian now?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I liked the way Michael Phelps was laughing & hugging that South African gold medalist after the medal ceremony. That kid (who had Michael Phelps tapes playing constantly and hero worshipped him) was just floating on air, like Michael Phelps is really here! And I beat him! Kid was beaming. Michael was a champ.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I've never lived anywhere except the U.S., and while I love America, I entertain thoughts about picking up and moving to England. I might one day, even though the idea of the actual move and sending everything overseas sounds like more than my sanity could handle. The few people I've known who've moved to other countries usually end up picking up a bit of the accent, but still get spotted for American. Did you keep your British accent or is it all Australian now?
    I don't want to threadjack but I would quickly say that if any of you get the chance to live overseas, even temporarily, then grab it with both hands. I've never really understood why it's such a terrifying idea for so many people, dare I say especially Americans (only 25% have passports, huh?). Yes, there may be a bit of culture shock at first but that's part,of the adventure and if there isn't a language barrier then an American living in the UK shouldn't be such a scary prospect especially now Brits have electricity, indoor plumbing and airports you can fly home from! It's only a few hours on a plane at most and with modern communications you can stay in constant touch with family and friends in an instant.
    Brookie and Laurent like this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USA wins gold in women's rowing for the 8. I was crying as I watched them cross. It's so odd to see the faces of people you know as they cross the finish line and win again.
    Brookie, levitt, McJag and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USA wins gold in women's rowing for the 8. I was crying as I watched them cross. It's so odd to see the faces of people you know as they cross the finish line and win again.
    You actually know some of them? How fun that must be!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I know 2 of the women rowing for the US, 1 for Canada and 1 for GB.
    JazzyGirl and McJag like this.

fgg

exciting sluce! i'm a total sap and i get a bit choked up with the US gymnast perform really well so i can't even begin to imagine what i'd be like if i knew one of them. such proud moments!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information