Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lock up your dogs in the Philly area--Michael Vick is coming your way

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    this year should be interesting in the NFL. Vick and Favre making headlines.

I would love to start a thread on the asshole Favre signing on to the Vikings,....but I am not sure how to link an article correctly for the first post. I just know this Vikings fan is NOT impressed!!!
    Don't worry. Considering Favre's track record lately, he'll probably retire after one season...again.

Default Michael Vick receiving tons of love

(Told y'all!!!)

If I were Donovan McNabb, I might hate you people - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I think most people were a little surprised at the raucous and overwhelmingly positive reaction that Michael Vick got from the Philadelphia fans last night. Every time Vick stepped on the field, it sounded like Rocky Balboa just stepped into the ring. When Vick completed a pass, it sounded like Rocky just knocked out Clubber Lang.

There's nothing wrong with that, of course. I'm glad that fans are supporting Vick as he tries to rebuild his life, and I can't blame Eagles fans for being excited about the acquisition of a potentially dynamic new player. The possibilities for Vick are endless. I'd be psyched, too.

But I can't help but wonder what Donovan McNabb(notes) was feeling when the crowd went bananas for Vick. I don't know if McNabb's ever been cheered like that in Philadelphia. And yet, the second a convicted dog murderer takes the field, he gets a reception like Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania III. I couldn't blame McNabb if he was standing there thinking, "Maybe I should start an underground gerbil-fighting operation."
    I know there are a lot of fans in Philadelphia who do love and support McNabb; in fact, it might even be most fans. I think that's the right attitude.

McNabb is one of the great quarterbacks of all time, and certainly the best Eagles quarterback of all-time. Consider:
    McNabb is fourth among active quarterbacks in career touchdown passes, trailing only Brett Favre(notes), Peyton Manning(notes) and Tom Brady(notes). He's got the third-best touchdown-to-interception ratio in NFL history, behind only Brady and Steve Young. His career winning percentage is an outstanding .651. A paltry 2.09% of his throws are intercepted, which beats Brady, Manning, Joe Montana, Dan Marino or anyone else you want to name. He's the Eagles all-time leader in yards, attempts and touchdowns.

And yet, the relationship between McNabb and the people of Philly has always seemed rockier than it should be. There's been a ridiculous amount of support (which is to say, any support at all) for Kevin Kolb(notes) to take over as the starter. It's always seemed like there's been a groundswell of people who wanted to push McNabb out the door and find someone new.
    At the very least, I think it's fair to say that McNabb has never enjoyed the kind of universal support that Brady has in New England, Manning has in Indianapolis or Ben Roethlisberger(notes) has in Pittsburgh. Even second-tier guys like Kurt Warner(notes), Drew Brees(notes) and Eli Manning(notes) seem to have more support in their cities.

McNabb's given his all to the franchise, in times when they've provided him with a good supporting cast, and in the times where they haven't. I just wonder if he felt a tiny bit underappreciated last night when a convicted felon walked into the game and got the kinds of cheers that McNabb hears way too infrequently.

Default Vick jerseys among hottest sellers in summer

The healing is complete baby!!!

Favre and Vick are among the summer's hottest-selling jerseys - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

A large number of Minnesotans are excited about the arrival Brett Favre(notes) and his gunslinging ways. Those who aren't busy spray-painting their goats are out buying #4 Vikings Favre jerseys, making it the NFL's top-selling jersey from April 1st through August 28th. CNBC's sports business wizard Darren Rovell has a list of the top-selling jerseys in the NFL. Favre is on top, Jay Cutler's(notes) new Bears joint is second, Troy Polamalu(notes) is third, and checking in at number four is the world's most popular dogfighting quarterback, Michael Vick(notes).
    That Vick jersey must be selling at an insane pace. Keep in mind that this list covers April 1st through August 28th, and Vick has only been an Eagle for the last 14 days of that period. That's a mighty sales surge. Of course, Vick's jersey also has the unfair advantage of being popular couture at both NFL stadiums and dogfighting pits around the country.
    Let's take a look at the whole Top 20.
    1. Brett Favre, Vikings
    2. Jay Cutler, Bears
    3. Troy Polamalu, Steelers
    4. Michael Vick, Eagles
    5. Ben Roethlisberger(notes), Steelers
    6. Tony Romo(notes), Cowboys
    7. Mark Sanchez(notes), Jets
    8. Tom Brady(notes), Patriots
    9. Adrian Peterson, Vikings
    10. Eli Manning(notes), Giants
    11. Terrell Owens(notes), Bills
    12. Peyton Manning(notes), Colts
    13. Hines Ward(notes), Steelers
    14. LaDainian Tomlinson(notes), Chargers
    15. Jason Witten(notes), Cowboys
    16. Larry Fitzgerald(notes), Cardinals
    17. Joe Flacco(notes), Ravens
    18. Matt Ryan(notes), Falcons
    19. Aaron Rodgers(notes), Packers
    20. Michael Crabtree(notes), 49ers
    There are two Steelers in the top five, which is very impressive. Winning a Super Bowl helps, I'd imagine. Jets fans are all aboard the Mark Sanchez bandwagon, as he checks in at number seven, while Matthew Stafford(notes) doesn't crack the top twenty. Of course, everyone in Detroit is broke.
    Interestingly, LaDainian Tomlinson is still moving some fabric despite the widespread belief that he's no longer a top-tier running back. Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers all sneak into the top twenty after successful first years as starting quarterbacks in the NFL.
    Which brings us to number 20 on the list, Michael Crabtree, which could turn out to be the worst jersey investment of all-time. Crabtree, of course, is going through a prolonged holdout with the 49ers, and has threatened to sit out the entire 2009 season. Word on the street is that he's serious about the threat, and thus, might never play a down for the 49ers.
    Hold on to those jerseys, though, 49ers fans. Maybe next year, the team will draft someone named "RABTRE," and you can just tape over the first and last letters of his name.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^Well, that's good to know. It helps me identify the stupid, ignorant assholes right off the bat without even having to talk to them first.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    McNabb's given his all to the franchise, in times when they've provided him with a good supporting cast, and in the times where they haven't. I just wonder if he felt a tiny bit underappreciated last night when a convicted felon walked into the game and got the kinds of cheers that McNabb hears way too infrequently.

McNabb is the asshole who went to Jeff Laurie and begged him to give Vick a chance so he deserves whatever he gets.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    ^^^Well, that's good to know. It helps me identify the stupid, ignorant assholes right off the bat without even having to talk to them first.
    Brilliant! And completely true.

And I agree that McNabb has given a LOT to the Eagles over the years. Come on now.....

AND he was BOOED when he was drafted. That shit was wrong......

I like McNabb. There I said it.

Default Hank Baskett (Kendra Wilkinson's husband) bumped from roster for Michael Vick

Kendra Wilkinson's Husband Loses His Job
    Tuesday September 15, 2009 4:31pm

Kendra Wilkinson's husband Hank Baskett is out of a job.

The Philadelphia Eagles released the star receiver, 27, to make room for Michael Vick on the team's 53-man roster.

The team said on its Web site that Vick, who had been on the exempt list, will begin practicing with the team on Wednesday. (Vick can't play in the first two regular-season games as a penalty for participating in a dogfighting ring.)

Wilkinson, 24, and Baskett wed in July and are expecting their first child together in December.

News – Kendra Wilkinson's Husband Loses His Job – Celebrity News – UsMagazine.com

uh-oh! Her meal ticket might be drying up to soon. She might have to go begging back to Heff!

Hank has already landed a new job so Kendra will be just fine.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Cool,...the skank will be just fine.

Welcome back Michael!!!

Agent: Vick signs deal to endorse Nike products - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

Michael Vick, once embroiled in controversy for his role in a dog-fighting ring, has signed an endorsement deal with Nike, his agent said Wednesday.
    Vick, signed by the Philadelphia Eagles in August after completing a 23-month prison sentence, will wear Nike shoes, gear and apparel as part of the agreement.
    "Mike has had a great relationship with Nike and is excited to be part of the Nike team again," Vick's agent, Joel Segal, said. Segal reportedly negotiated the Nike deal as well as Vick's deal to return to the NFL as a member of the Eagles.
    Segal would not reveal terms of the agreement. Nike declined a request for comment.
    The deal was announced during a panel discussion at the Sports Sponsorship Symposium by Michael Principe, the managing director of BEST, the agency that represents Vick.
    Nike suspended its previous endorsement deal with Vick in 2007, in the wake of news of Vick's involvement with dog fighting.
    "... Nike is concerned by the serious and highly disturbing allegations made against Michael Vick and we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane and abhorrent," the company said then in a statement. "However, we do believe that Michael Vick should be afforded the same due process as any citizen in the United States, therefore, we have not terminated our relationship."
    The Eagles signed Vick to a one-year contract with an option for a second year on Aug. 13. The deal is reportedly worth $1.6 million for the first year and $5.2 million for the option year.
    Vick made his first appearence in a regular-season game for the Eagles last Sunday, going 0-2 passing and rushing once for 7 yards in a limited role in the Eagles' 34-14 victory over the Chiefs.
    "It is quite evident that athletes that run afoul of the law are by no means relegated to obscurity when it comes to pitching products," said David Carter, a professor of sports marketing at the University of Southern California.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information